• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
megan

A New Addition In A New Edition

I'm not picking on you personally, chikkin, but as a programmer I can say it's pretty irritating when people ask programmers to "make it awesome" without giving much detail about what they mean :)

That said, I agree that resolution changes, VSync, and text chat are a good start. There's also a LOT of other things I'd like to see, ranging in difficulty from "you've got to be joking" to "done in 2 minutes".

Ideas:

• The "Necromancer's Challenge" aka "Survival Remix" mode currently under discussion in the main CC forum
  • Level, weapon, and/or Animal Orb creator/editor
  • Leveled weapons or animal orbs. For example, a level 1 Wooden Club would give less Strength than a maxed out (say, level 5) Wooden Club. But the level 5s would be much rarer. A higher level weapon would automatically replace a lower level one when you picked it up.
  • Fixes to some of the dozens of minor bugs I've catalogued
  • A 32nd character - lead vote-getters right now are Tom Fulp/Dan Paladin or Industrial Prince
  • A 30th Animal Orb
  • Extend the four Attributes out so you can put up to 30 in each, instead of 25. This would mean you wouldn't max out till level 98.
  • Along with the above, add a sixth magic ability. This could be some sort of magical shield effect (i.e. you hold Magic and Shield at the same time--your magic is quickly and constantly drained but if you're hit during this time, the attacking character is hurt). This could allow for some defense against juggling
  • Allow all characters to go to level 100 instead of 99, so that they get 1 more point to all attributes (which generally increase every 10th level)
  • Eight player mode :shock:

• Upvote 1

I'm not picking on you personally, chikkin, but as a programmer I can say it's pretty irritating when people ask programmers to "make it awesome" without giving much detail about what they mean :)

That said, I agree that resolution changes, VSync, and text chat are a good start. There's also a LOT of other things I'd like to see, ranging in difficulty from "you've got to be joking" to "done in 2 minutes".

Ideas:

• The "Necromancer's Challenge" aka "Survival Remix" mode currently under discussion in the main CC forum

Insane Mode World would be better.

• Level, weapon, and/or Animal Orb creator/editor

There are dozens of great animal orb ideas in the DLC Ideas thread.

• Leveled weapons or animal orbs. For example, a level 1 Wooden Club would give less Strength than a maxed out (say, level 5) Wooden Club. But the level 5s would be much rarer. A higher level weapon would automatically replace a lower level one when you picked it up.

I'd definately vote for stronger weapons. None of the DLC weapons are of any use (those with level requirements higher than 20 are grossly underpowered) and I'm disappointed that they would nerf the NG Sword. I would prefer my suggestion of an unlockable insane mode sword every time you beat insane mode with a character.

• Fixes to some of the dozens of minor bugs I've catalogued
  • A 32nd character - lead vote-getters right now are Tom Fulp/Dan Paladin or Industrial Prince

*Cough*The Forgotten Knight*Cough*

• A 30th Animal Orb
  • Extend the four Attributes out so you can put up to 30 in each, instead of 25. This would mean you wouldn't max out till level 98.

I think the leveling system is fine the way it is.

• Along with the above, add a sixth magic ability. This could be some sort of magical shield effect (i.e. you hold Magic and Shield at the same time--your magic is quickly and constantly drained but if you're hit during this time, the attacking character is hurt). This could allow for some defense against juggling

This is cool so long as enemies can't use this on insane mode. Oh how terrible it would be. *shutters*

• Allow all characters to go to level 100 instead of 99, so that they get 1 more point to all attributes (which generally increase every 10th level)

MOAR POWER!!!

Eight player mode

Arena would be insane! :shock:

Sweet! Just make sure the controls aren't bad.You should also port Alien Hominid afterwards.

WASD- Move

Space- jump

J- Light Attack

K- Heavy Attack

L- Use Item

I- Magic

Number keys- choose items

H- Shield

Would these be good controls?

>Mfw not using a controller

>Mfw WASD

>Mfw that's a terrible idea

>Mfw I have no face

Seeing as I feel like getting my hands dirty with some 3d modelling and texturing work, who agrees with me there should be some Castle Crasher's hats for purchasers (maybe like pre-orders or something?). I'm thinking of making it like a mask for all characters and maybe making some melee weapons based off the game as well. I will put them up on the Steam Workshop and link here within a few days if I finish them by then :P What do you people think?

This guy right here. Listen to him.

well, what i mean is, make the game feel like it was MADE for PCs, and not just ported from consoles with no PC-specific features, basically. :) it just irks me when PC games dont have features they should because the devs just lazily ported it from consoles and didnt keep the PC userbase in mind.

another thing, hope that the unlocks arent like the PS3 version. like, on the 360 you just bought DLC packs with characters, but on the PS3 you had to beat certain stages on Insane mode to get those certain characters. i would rather they where already unlocked, DLC or just unlocked thru Normal mode.

would rather have the characters right off the bat, than have to go thru Insane. i found Insane too hard and we never got past the Cyclops boss fight (really, Insane mode has a bad save system)

wouldn't mind if they changed the exp system a bit.

i would rather enemies just gave exp when killed, and it would split it amongst the party members, without anyone being required to actually hit the enemy.

as the game is now, its way too much grinding. you have to air juggle enemies and fight other players for enemies. the only way to level is to juggle that troll boss on Insane. i would think the game dev's would want players to actually PLAY the game. make it viable to do runs thru the stages with others as a team. right now, if you play with someone who is an enemy hogger or is just better at juggling, they will eat all the exp and always be more higher in level than you.

or at least make it so exp on each hit gives way more exp than it does now and is shared amongst players.

also, i would like to see the difficulty scale to how many players are playing. if i am playing Insane with only one other, it should be challenging without being impossible. basically, easier than doing Insane with 4. Normal is also too easy with only two people. there's is an imbalance with the difficulties. maybe adding in more difficulty options would solve this, but there really needs to be something in bewteen Normal and Insane.

more item/animal orb drops would be good too. as it is, there's no *big* reason to run thru stages because nothing worthwhile drops, there's nothing really to hunt for. maybe add in more, like other items to equip, perhaps even "appearance" stuff. even adding in extra stages/bosses after a while would bring more replay value to the game. since this is gonna be on PC now, this option is much more viable than it was before.

and, would be nice if there is some "stats" page added to Steam. would be nice to keep track of and show off what characters you have at what level, their stats, their items, how many kills you got, etc.

and would definitely like to see some CC related promo items for TF2! :)

Edited by chikkin

This truly is amazing news :D I have loved castle crashers on the xbox and will definitly buy it again it's the best arcade game EVARR (probaply will be tied on first place with battleblock).

However I have a question, since the post says it has been a dream to release a game on steam, does this mean you guys will release more games on steam in the future? For example alien hominid HD and battleblock theater.

The reason I ask is because in a few years there will be new consoles and I would really still be able to play the games you create and because I can always acces steam it would be a great idea to release your future games on steam and also to make the pc community happy.

I hope you guys think about it and maybe respond to my question :D

Anyway keep the good work going I can't wait till battleblock hits xbox live!!!

wouldn't mind if they changed the exp system a bit.

i would rather enemies just gave exp when killed, and it would split it amongst the party members, without anyone being required to actually hit the enemy.

as the game is now, its way too much grinding. you have to air juggle enemies and fight other players for enemies. the only way to level is to juggle that troll boss on Insane. i would think the game dev's would want players to actually PLAY the game. make it viable to do runs thru the stages with others as a team. right now, if you play with someone who is an enemy hogger or is just better at juggling, they will eat all the exp and always be more higher in level than you.

or at least make it so exp on each hit gives way more exp than it does now and is shared amongst players.

also, i would like to see the difficulty scale to how many players are playing. if i am playing Insane with only one other, it should be challenging without being impossible. basically, easier than doing Insane with 4. Normal is also too easy with only two people. there's is an imbalance with the difficulties. maybe adding in more difficulty options would solve this, but there really needs to be something in bewteen Normal and Insane.

more item/animal orb drops would be good too. as it is, there's no *big* reason to run thru stages because nothing worthwhile drops, there's nothing really to hunt for. maybe add in more, like other items to equip, perhaps even "appearance" stuff. even adding in extra stages/bosses after a while would bring more replay value to the game. since this is gonna be on PC now, this option is much more viable than it was before.

and, would be nice if there is some "stats" page added to Steam. would be nice to keep track of and show off what characters you have at what level, their stats, their items, how many kills you got, etc.

The EXP is great the way it is now because it gives credit to each person based on how much they contribute to the dealing of damage. If someone's "hogging" the EXP then clearly you need to play with someone else. Lower level players compensate this by leveling faster for less. As someone obsessed with insane mode I wouldn't really want a Medium difficulty unless it would help level my characters faster. Normal Mode is merely a stepping stone for the ultimate challenge for each of my characters.

Please oh please oh please oh please, make it gamepad compatible. That's my only request.

Wait, chikkin. Are you seriously asking for the characters to be DLC instead of insane mode unlocks?

Why would you even ask for that, that's ridiculous.

Please add mod and Steam Workshop support. I love this game, but there has been no new content for so long on the consoles. If we could add stuff ourselves and share it with the community, this would be an insanely replayable game.

As far as multiplayer with mods, there would have to be some way to either sort games that have them/display mods enabled to players that can join, or just make them friends only. I'd prefer a way to play mods with everyone, but at the very least I would be happy playing them with friends.

• Upvote 2

Please add mod and Steam Workshop support. I love this game, but there has been no new content for so long on the consoles. If we could add stuff ourselves and share it with the community, this would be an insanely replayable game.

As far as multiplayer with mods, there would have to be some way to either sort games that have them/display mods enabled to players that can join, or just make them friends only. I'd prefer a way to play mods with everyone, but at the very least I would be happy playing them with friends.

Oh my god. This. This so much. The amount of awesome a Steam Workshop would be is phenomenal.

Please add mod and Steam Workshop support. I love this game, but there has been no new content for so long on the consoles. If we could add stuff ourselves and share it with the community, this would be an insanely replayable game. As far as multiplayer with mods, there would have to be some way to either sort games that have them/display mods enabled to players that can join, or just make them friends only. I'd prefer a way to play mods with everyone, but at the very least I would be happy playing them with friends.

This idea is good and you should feel good

This idea is terrible because I didn't think of it! Otherwise, it's a good idea.

Looks like it's being released on steam for both Windows and Mac on the 26th of this month. The steam store page says cross platform play which I believe means being able to play with console players or Windows/Mac being able to play together, not entirely sure though.

http://store.steampo...com/app/204360/

http://devblog.thebe...crashers-steam/

Thanks again, The Behemoth!

Edited by Giraffey

Looks like it's being released on steam for both Windows and Mac on the 26th of this month. The steam store page says cross platform play which I believe means being able to play with console players or Windows/Mac being able to play together, not entirely sure though.

http://store.steampo...com/app/204360/

http://devblog.thebe...crashers-steam/

Thanks again, The Behemoth!

God i hope this is true, i don't have it in me to 99 another character. :?

At least you have a character at 99. My highest is the blue knight somewhere in the 50-60 range.

:(

Edited by Darkimo

At least you have a character at 99. My highest is the blue knight somewhere in the 50-60 range.

:(

Believe me, you're not missing out on much. :P

Yey !! Thanks for this, i've finished the game on the ps3 in the last 2,3year in insane with all unlocked (lvl 99) and i wanted to know if the dev will be released a level editor ! >_< will be cool ! with all model/sound/tiles/speech/fx/trigger blablabla even a workshop to create nice 2D Campaign model =) if it's possible to have a Beta key or the full game giveaway thanks you Behemoth Studio.

Operating System:

Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)

CPU Type:

Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

CPU Speed:

3.41 GHz

System Memory:

7.98 GB

Video Card Model:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

Video Card Memory:

3.97 GB

Video Card Driver:

nvd3dum.dll

Desktop Resolution:

1920x1080

Hard Disk Size:

1.81 TB

Hard Disk Free Space:

1.64 TB (91%)

~UberLordNightshades

Starcraft 2,Diablo 3 HardCore player

deadfeol@hotmail.fr

Glad to connect my ps3 controller to play castle crasher PC. Unlocked in 1H ! AwwwwwwweEeeeeeeeSooooooMmmmmmmEEEEEEEE

Wait, chikkin. Are you seriously asking for the characters to be DLC instead of insane mode unlocks?

because thats the way it was on the 360. and would rather pay $1 for the packs then have to spend time and hardship treading thru Insane mode. would rather have them from the start.

because thats the way it was on the 360. and would rather pay $1 for the packs then have to spend time and hardship treading thru Insane mode. would rather have them from the start.

:|

Wanting to pay real money instead of earning the items in-game

:|

Wanting to pay real money instead of earning the items in-game

It makes sense when you don't think about it