• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
MicoTR

Can'T Launch The Game On Steam.

I have just bought and installed the Castle Crashers on Steam, but for some reason every time i launch it Steam tells me that the game is unavailable (Unidentified Error). How do i resolve that?

Have you tried closing down steam application fully, then relaunching the steam application and opening Castle Crashers? Let us know if that worked if not we have more troubleshooting we can try.

I have just bought and installed the Castle Crashers on Steam, but for some reason every time i launch it Steam tells me that the game is unavailable (Unidentified Error). How do i resolve that?

Just checked the forum permissions and you should be able to reply to this topic now! Sorry bout that.

You wrote: "i have tried re-launching Steam, rebooting my pc, re-installing stuff and so on."

Check again. The whole thing didn't fit into one comment so i had to write one more:

The interesting thing is that every time i verify integrity of game cache there are 2 files that never validate and are re-downloaded. That doesn't change anything though. Those files just stay the way they are. I hope this problem is solved soon enough. I've waited too long to play this game and i won't be giving up easily.

Check again. The whole thing didn't fit into one comment so i had to write one more:

The interesting thing is that every time i verify integrity of game cache there are 2 files that never validate and are re-downloaded. That doesn't change anything though. Those files just stay the way they are. I hope this problem is solved soon enough. I've waited too long to play this game and i won't be giving up easily.

Sorry for the late reply please try these steps a let us know if they work for you. I know these steps seem similar to what was said before but it is the order that they occur that is important. Sorry for the hassle.

1) Close Steam application completely

a) Open Task Manager - end Application Task

B) check Processes and end process as well.

2) Right Click Steam Icon and select Run as administrator

3) Right Click Castle Crashers and select Properties

4) Under LOCAL FILES - Select DELETE LOCALE GAME CONTENT

5) Reinstall Game (do not launch game)

6) Right Click and select Properties

7) Under LOCAL FILES - Select VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE

8) PLAY - launch game

So, I've got pretty much the same issue going on. I've reinstalled it a couple of times, and did it again following the steps megan posted..

The only weird thing that I've noticed on my steam is that it's kinda slow to browse URLs through the client, sometimes it doesn't even work. I'm not sure the issue has anything to do with that, but it's the only clue i've found so far.. Couple of days ago, steam site wouldn't load to me too, even though other people could access it just fine. I've tried to connect my modem directly to the PC, didn't work either.

Sadly, I can't do any testing right now because I can't use my computer for reasons that i'm not really willing to reveal. I'll try what you wrote when I get an opportunity, but i'm still kinda concerned about the two files that don't pass the verification. I'll try searching for them once I get my computer back.

Finally, here's some info on the issue: I've located the two files that don't pass verification: InstallScript.vdf and, well, the game application itself. The game runs perfectly fine on my sister's laptop, and only InstallScript.vdf doesn't pass verification, so i guess no point worrying about this one. When i try to launch the application file, it says that i don't have the permission to run it. I've tried running stuff as administrator, I've tried using some programs to take over the file, I've tried replacing the application file with the one from my sister's computer - nothing worked. I don't even know what to do :(

Also, one more thing: when I try to copy or move the game application file, it requests permission from "All" or "Everyone" or something like that. Can't say for sure since everything on my computer is written in russian.

I have the same problem, the only difference is that its only 1 file and not 2.

I tried everything what is writen down in this topic, and i tried to install on the pc of my girlfriend, works fine. If i do a backup and copy it to my notebook, doesnt work.

So i hope that someone have a answer to this problem now, would be sad if i buy a game and cant play it

same issue here. I bought the game and cant play now... :/

I am familiar with some more advanced IT stuff so I'm willing to check anything you need me to ;p

A little bit sad that there is no new answer, shouldnt have bought this game the port to pc is to bad, my bad doesnt get infos in front of buying it, thought cool play castle crashers with some friends and then fu you no

no solution for this? if so, is there any chance steam will refund me the money? even if its a little amount, I could get different game ;f

I am a FREAKING GENIUS

I have actually managed to get the game to run on my computer.

Out of desperation i have decided to download a cracked game (sorry 'bout that). I installed it and it ran just fine. And then a brilliant idea struck me: what if i put the exe file from the cracked game into the steam folder? Guess what? It actually worked!

Currently i'm working on retrieving data from the 58 hours spent in the game on my sister's laptop.

Update: aparently i succeded in transfering the save data. YAY!!

Edited by MicoTR