• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
danp

Steam Dlc Questions / Steam Issues

Hi All,

I'll be addressing some of the issues that have come up. Had to do some research and chat with some of the CC Steam team.

We are aware of issues that people have been posting, such as resolutions, lag, push to talk, and we're looking into all these issues. We are working on the first game update, which will include configuration for mic options On/off or push to talk and removing Xbox error messages.

I'll go through this thread and other threads to answer questions as I get solutions/answers for them. If it is very specific, I may need to refer to the support team or you can also start a support ticket with the link Dan gave: http://www.thebehemo...support/ticket/

If your issue is related to technical issues, then I may move it to that forum so that people can find that easily if they have a similar issue.

-Megan

I've been asked very frequently about the Castle Crashers Steam DLC lately. Hopefully this clears some of that up:

1) The Necromantic Pack and the King Pack are included with the game.

Danp, how would you go about accessing these packs if you've bought it on Steam?

IIRC they are unlocked through standard play. Necro possibly being unlocked in Insane mode.

Megan, can you double check this?

The 2x4 should be in the blacksmith DLC pack

The rubber handed sword existence in the game is a mystery to us. We had removed it from the game, but yet it is there somewhere. Unsolved mysteries, like that one TV show.

-Necro and King packs are available by playing the game. Most of the weapons are available in the insane store. The King is unlocked by beating the bat boss in insane mode. The necro is unlocked by beating Industrial boss in insane mode.

They didnt answer me when i asked that question, but its probably as soon as a fix have been made if not they decide to fix multiple things in one patch...

btw when is the port gonna be fixed

We will post as soon as we have a better idea of when we can do update 1. Thanks for your patience :)

Dan p have you thought of the next dlc idea yet?

Dan's main focus at the moment is BattleBlock Theater since he's heading the art for that.

Hooray! Castle crashers on steam! What is next on the agenda of stuff? The long awaited battle block theater or something else???

Thanks for your excitement! BBT is def on the agenda. Still workin hard on it. :)

Are there any plans to fix the blurry issue at higher resolutions, or is that a art asset limitation from the way it was designed? Thanks

Any chance we can get an answer to this, Megan? Thanks

I am excited to see this game improved. I'm glad that the community has been heard, thanks behemoth! :D i love you all!

I hope in particular for push to talk and resolution/blurry textures.

We want the ETA now!! Hahaha, can't wait.

resolution/blurry textures.

I am sorry but that IMO should be the bottom of the list. While 720p does suck, its not really an issue unlike the mic support, online game matchmaking system, and gamepad support.

And from what I know the textures that are blurry when upped to a higher rez would have to be redone completely.. that is a waste of time with much bigger issues at hand when the game was never imo really meant to run at a different res.

Are there any plans to fix the blurry issue at higher resolutions, or is that a art asset limitation from the way it was designed? Thanks

Any chance we can get an answer to this, Megan? Thanks

You answered yourself with your own question.

The "blurry" thing can be interpreted/reported in a couple ways.

Some people post screenshots showing an enemy head or a random texture in the game looking blurry. This is something I looked into with our guys and it looks as if this can be addressed if it hasn't been addressed already -- you will receive this fix in our first "quick-patch" as long as it works out in test.

This issue is not related to resolution.

However, if someone feels as if the entire game is blurry, well... I'm not sure. I haven't looked into that particularly.

The "blurry" thing can be interpreted/reported in a couple ways.

Some people post screenshots showing an enemy head or a random texture in the game looking blurry. This is something I looked into with our guys and it looks as if this can be addressed if it hasn't been addressed already -- you will receive this fix in our first "quick-patch" as long as it works out in test.

This issue is not related to resolution.

However, if someone feels as if the entire game is blurry, well... I'm not sure. I haven't looked into that particularly.

I have been very active on the Steam board for this game and I cannot recall anyone reporting everything being blurry. Glad to know the random blurry texture thing can be addressed tho! That will make many people quite happy!

Edited by danp
updated quote :)

Do you guys plan on making the game playable without using a horrible controller that I can't afford right now? I just dished out 15 bucks for a game that is completely unplayable without one.

Not really a technical issue but how come gold doesn't transfer between characters in Steam like it does on Xbox? Is it like that on Ps3 too?

Yeah, gold doesn't transfer over to other characters on the PS3....that's why it sucked to buy everything at the Insane Store. :-(

Not really a technical issue but how come gold doesn't transfer between characters in Steam like it does on Xbox? Is it like that on Ps3 too?

Yeah, gold doesn't transfer over to other characters on the PS3....that's why it sucked to buy everything at the Insane Store. :-(

Agreed minus a few things from the insane shop i have unlocked everything >.> oh well *goes back to farming the cyclops*

Hello all!

I love the Behemoth and its games, so when I heard Castle Crashers was coming to Steam I was naturally pretty happy. My friend and I decided to get it shortly after it was released for some joint kickassing, but three days later and we're getting some weird bugs.

For starters, my friends version won't load up - he was playing with the Resolution settings to see which worked best, when his screen went blank and the game crashed. Now, every time the game attempts to load his screen goes black as it would for any other game, but won't go past it. I get the message from Steam saying he's started playing, but he can't get into the menu - my guess is it would be the Resolution settings not changing back to the originals, and that it's probably more the Steam side of things, but then again I know nowt about computers.

Secondly (probably less significant) is once or twice I've been close to completing a mission, when after a cutscene (e.g. the final part of the industrial castle, shortly after defeating the boss) the controls lock up and I can't move or do anything except pause the game - even then the keyboard controls work again. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm on a Macbook Pro and my friend is using the PC version.

Cheers for your help!

Hello all!

I love the Behemoth and its games, so when I heard Castle Crashers was coming to Steam I was naturally pretty happy. My friend and I decided to get it shortly after it was released for some joint kickassing, but three days later and we're getting some weird bugs.

For starters, my friends version won't load up - he was playing with the Resolution settings to see which worked best, when his screen went blank and the game crashed. Now, every time the game attempts to load his screen goes black as it would for any other game, but won't go past it. I get the message from Steam saying he's started playing, but he can't get into the menu - my guess is it would be the Resolution settings not changing back to the originals, and that it's probably more the Steam side of things, but then again I know nowt about computers.

Secondly (probably less significant) is once or twice I've been close to completing a mission, when after a cutscene (e.g. the final part of the industrial castle, shortly after defeating the boss) the controls lock up and I can't move or do anything except pause the game - even then the keyboard controls work again. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm on a Macbook Pro and my friend is using the PC version.

Cheers for your help!

Hi Papery! I'm sorry this happened to you.

For your first issue, I'm going to quote Megan from elsewhere (steam CC forum). Should do the trick!

First, open Terminal and type "chflags nohidden ~/Library

The follow this folder path: ~/Library/Application Support//Steam/userdata/<steamid>/204360/local/settings.ini

Then open your settings.ini file in text editor and change the resolution to 800x600

Please also go to this link http://marinersoftwa...=8765-EYXN-4310 so that we can get a system dump from you. Send the info to larry at thebehemoth dot com

For your second issue, we'll send that over to our support guys and see how they respond. I'm not as well versed on the Mac side.

Do you guys plan on making the game playable without using a horrible controller that I can't afford right now? I just dished out 15 bucks for a game that is completely unplayable without one.

Hi gunners,

We support Microsoft Xbox 360 controllers or Direct Input compatible controllers. This includes a large number of controller options, but does not cover all controllers out there. If you DO have a direct input controller that does not work then please let me know what make and model you own so we can look into that technical issue.