• Announcements

• megan

RTX 2017 - Booth 401   06/02/2017

We’re headed back to Austin, Texas for our 5th time exhibiting at Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX)! You’ll be able to find us at RTX 2017 Booth 401 (next to our friends, Supergiant Games) from July 7 to July 9 and we’re going to have lots of new stuff this year.   See our Blog Post for all the details, including the new merch we're bringing with us! 
danp

Steam Dlc Questions / Steam Issues

113 posts in this topic

Not really a technical issue but how come gold doesn't transfer between characters in Steam like it does on Xbox? Is it like that on Ps3 too?

Huh! Interesting. I'll get back to you on that one. Not sure if we made that design decision at one point or another.

Hi Dan,

Cheers for your fast response! My friend uses the PC version, but I'll send that across to him see if he can work it windows wise :) Apologies for getting you to run 'round the forums on my behalf but she didn't happen to have a windows-specific solve did she?

Thanks again!

Can someone please tell me when the first patch is coming out?

We do not have a date for the update yet. When we do, we'll post it on the news section of the forums. Thanks for your patience.

Hi guys, i want to inform you that the "beta patch" 1.1 is available to everyone on steam.

Just go in game proprieties, beta tab, select the beta patch (1.1) and verify you password (no input password).

I don't know if this is a error or not.

I only want to ask you if you could keep beta patch (or more) public.

I'm glad to help you to improve this game, i really love it <3

And i bet there are a lot or other guy (and girl) that want it...

I'm going to sleep now (4:30) and i'm write from my phone, if you need screenshot or any proof i will do all tomorrow ^__^

Have a nice day mates :3

Edited by Dag_01

Please keep the PSN issues in the related PSN threads. This particular thread is regarding the Castle Crashers Steam edition.

Thanks!

Sorry if this has already been answered but what are the differences/additions to the Steam version in comparison to the original 360 one?

You can watch cc on stream on twitch tv. I recommend that the next tournament should be live on stream. But I won't know how to arrange that.

Hello,

I wanted to buy Castle Crashers on Steam but my controller (non-microsoft one) failed to work on demo, which is a common problem as it seams. It would be very kind of you if you could check the compatibility with your game.

Here is the link for the driver file (might be useful):

https://rapidshare.com/files/646336513/setup.exe

I hope you'll manage to make your awesome game a little bit more PC-compatible ;]

Thanks for your help.

Not really a technical issue but how come gold doesn't transfer between characters in Steam like it does on Xbox?

Looked into this. It's a design decision on our side.

I believe it is because collecting gold becomes trivial after the first run if the count is universal.

Not really a technical issue but how come gold doesn't transfer between characters in Steam like it does on Xbox?

Looked into this. It's a design decision on our side.

I believe it is because collecting gold becomes trivial after the first run if the count is universal.

Yeah, that makes alot of sense. Thanks Dan. I honestly figured it was because of the addition of the insane store. I appreciate your response. It's not often developers engage In such personal contact with their fans.

Sorry if this has already been answered but what are the differences/additions to the Steam version in comparison to the original 360 one?

Unfortunately the differences mostly include negatives such as....

1. Resolutions above 1280 x 720 (AKA normal resolutions) result in unplayable lag if playing online.

2. The servers are appallingly bad, they will kick players for no discernible reason and will sometimes be completely unplayable (no matter how good your internet is).

3. The game will randomly delete your save files. This has happened to me twice (despite me attempting to copy and save my steam cloud data manually the second time). It has also happened to one of my friends. This is out of a sample size of only three of us that play on PC.....2/3 odds that your file will be deleted is pretty pitiful. The save files are apparently not retrievable by any means, so play at your own risk. The game only saves to the cloud, which is evidently not very secure.

And now for the neutral changes:

The King Pack and Necromancer Pack have been removed. Instead there is now an Insane Store found upon completion of the game in normal mode which houses several items that, on their console counterparts, would be unlocked by purchasing the DLC. The King is unlocked by killing the bat boss on insane mode.

These are all of the differences that I know of, otherwise it's essentially a cut and dry port. I wouldn't waste my money until they've fixed some of the issues though. Honestly, I'm too scared to even play right now....I'm just waiting until the game is in a playable state where I can be sure that my characters won't be erased randomly when I log in. I've only logged about 9 hours played, yet my data has been erased twice - that doesn't leave a good amount of incentive for me to bother trying to play. Good luck to you if you decide to purchase the game though, hopefully you don't mind being restricted to playing locally and not playing above 1280 x 720 resolution.

Is there still no word on when these issues will be fixed? They're major problems, as of right now my friends and I feel as if we've wasted our money.

2. The servers are appallingly bad, they will kick players for no discernible reason and will sometimes be completely unplayable (no matter how good your internet is).

Just to be clear, there are no servers. The server is whoever has chosen to host the game. This is true across all versions of the game.

Just to be clear, there are no servers. The server is whoever has chosen to host the game. This is true across all versions of the game.

Ah, that would explain a bit of it. So basically we're at the mercy of whomever decides to host the game. =[

On an unrelated note, your number of posts is almost leet.

Hey everyone. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was wondering if it would be a smart idea to get the Steam version even though I already have the 360 one? Being one of my favorite games of the gen, I've played the hell outta this game on my 360. I definitely wouldn't mind having a chance to relive the game from scratch and level all my knights again. And I feel as if the extra DLC the Steam version comes with would help enhance my decision. However, I know some prefer some 2D games on consoles rather than PC (Super Meat Boy is a good example.) Does this games controls transfer well over to the PC? Is it worth it if I already own it? Thanks.

And sorry for the double post, but I have another question. If my buddy wants to come over and play it with me, can he plug in a 360 controller so we can play local multiplayer? Thanks.

So I noticed in the Steam version of the game if my game is dropped because of connection loss or everyone else leaving that I no longer get to keep my exp or gold gained from the level being played.

Any reason this was changed from the xbox version which allows you to keep them even in the event of a game drop?

So I noticed in the Steam version of the game if my game is dropped because of connection loss or everyone else leaving that I no longer get to keep my exp or gold gained from the level being played.

Any reason this was changed from the xbox version which allows you to keep them even in the event of a game drop?

Steam Cloud requires sync:

Steam Cloud requires sync: http://forums.thebeh...post__p__256189

Good to know. Interesting how this is similar to data loss on the xbox.

Edited by The Forgotten Knight

Are there any plans to fix all of the issues with the Steam version? It's not worth playing if my data gets deleted every few times I play, players disconnect constantly (all of my friends have tried hosting, it doesn't work any way we try it), and we all have to play on low resolutions that look....well....awful. Any way to get a refund if no fixes are coming? I was so excited to see this game come to Steam, but now it just seems as if I've wasted $15 on a game that doesn't work.

Are there any plans to fix all of the issues with the Steam version? It's not worth playing if my data gets deleted every few times I play, players disconnect constantly (all of my friends have tried hosting, it doesn't work any way we try it), and we all have to play on low resolutions that look....well....awful. Any way to get a refund if no fixes are coming? I was so excited to see this game come to Steam, but now it just seems as if I've wasted $15 on a game that doesn't work.

Never fear. Patch 1.2 is coming, and I'm sure more are to follow.