• Announcements

• megan

RTX 2017 - Booth 401   06/02/2017

We’re headed back to Austin, Texas for our 5th time exhibiting at Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX)! You’ll be able to find us at RTX 2017 Booth 401 (next to our friends, Supergiant Games) from July 7 to July 9 and we’re going to have lots of new stuff this year.   See our Blog Post for all the details, including the new merch we're bringing with us! 
danp

Steam Dlc Questions / Steam Issues

113 posts in this topic

Did they ever get around to fixing the blurry textures/characters in the first patch? I haven't played in a while.

Did they ever get around to fixing the blurry textures/characters in the first patch? I haven't played in a while.

The resolution is the same. Don't know if that one will get fixed or not. We haven't heard too much about it. Unless I'm reading in the wrong places.

I'm 90% certain we addressed certain blurry texture issues concerning enemies and some random bits. Such a blur over here with BBT I can't recall what the reason it happened was or how we fixed it.

I'll double check!

I'm 90% certain we addressed certain blurry texture issues concerning enemies and some random bits. Such a blur over here with BBT I can't recall what the reason it happened was or how we fixed it.

I'll double check!

Dan...you're working too hard! Calm down!

I don't suppose there's ANY way to get a refund for the Steam version? It's useless and less than playable to say the least.....I've had all of my information completely erased (twice) and so have 2 of my friends. There's no way to play multiplayer without lag unless you play on an aggravating resolution AND in windowed mode (windowed is a serious mood killer) and there was no mention of that before purchase.....If you can't port a game to PC properly, you probably shouldn't release it. This was obviously a quick cash grab. I love this game on Xbox, but to not have the ability to run it on a gaming PC is beyond frustrating.....I expect issues with ports, but for the game to be 100% unplayable is just unacceptable.

I was wondering about an issue with the keyboard and first USB controller being recognized for profile one. Currently, if you want to have local cooperative play with only a keyboard and gamepad you have to trick windows into recognizing the USB controller as a second one. Otherwise, both the keyboard and gamepad will control the first player. Is there another way to achieve this in the game, or if not would be it possible to have it brought in later?

Waiting for players -> Game is no longer available.

Any way to fix that?

Sounds like a personal problem, if you ask me. Might be something with your connection, instead of the game itself.

Hello all, got Castle Crashers from a friend as a gift, but after I installed it, It goes to white screen and closes.It says it closed unexpectedly. Can I not play it on my computer? (10.5.8 Mac OSX) or is it a bug? Help!

Picture2-15.png

I just bought this during the Steam Autumn sale and have been having a blast(5 hours so far). I've mostly been playing offline which runs perfectly, but when I tried playing online with a friend there was a lot of framerate drops that seemed pretty random. Are there any fixes for this or is it known about? Thanks.

I've read through this entire thread (My heart skipped a beat when I saw the world's best Paladin posting) looking for more information on a few things, but these things have either only popped up occasionally, or not appeared at all.

My first topic is more for clarification: The Rubber-Handled Sword is not (Legitimately) available, and never will be. Correct?

(P.S., out of curiousity, why was it removed in the first place? if it is such a pain to remove,

why not just put it back in and be done with the whole ordeal?)

My second topic is on Hatty Hattington: I've seen videos of him as a playable character in CC (it requires a fair amount of hacking to get him, of course) and I wanted to know if this really is an official DLC to be released with BBT, and if this DLC will be released on PC and PS3.

I'm definitely a completion junkie for this game, and these things nag at me constantly. I appreciate the support, and hope to get a reply sometime in the future. Thank you.

Seriously,

Kaoskitteh

My first topic is more for clarification: The Rubber-Handled Sword is not (Legitimately) available, and never will be. Correct?

(P.S., out of curiousity, why was it removed in the first place? if it is such a pain to remove,

This thing is truly a mystery. We leafed through every single texture in the entire game and there is no rubber handled sword. Of course, it has to exist, but for some reason it is the only texture that does not appear. Doesn't make much sense why it wouldn't have come up in any raw or tooled asset browser, but..... it just doesn't. We also have difficulty finding any code attached to it whatsoever. Not sure if we found it or not, but we've combed over it for all 3 versions and it just left us clueless last I checked. We only have so much time to sleuth, but I'm sure we could figure it out if we wanted to.

We kind of like the mystery, honestly.

My second topic is on Hatty Hattington: I've seen videos of him as a playable character in CC (it requires a fair amount of hacking to get him, of course) and I wanted to know if this really is an official DLC to be released with BBT, and if this DLC will be released on PC and PS3.

Hatty Hattington was unfortunately a spoiled surprise thanks to the people who messed with the assets and posted it for the world to see. He is a thank-you character for any Castle Crashers player who will support us by purchasing BBT. He's not on the PC or PS3 version because there's simply no BBT on the PC or PS3.

thanks for the kind words. cheers!

This thing is truly a mystery. We leafed through every single texture in the entire game and there is no rubber handled sword. Of course, it has to exist, but for some reason it is the only texture that does not appear. Doesn't make much sense why it wouldn't have come up in any raw or tooled asset browser, but..... it just doesn't. We also have difficulty finding any code attached to it whatsoever. Not sure if we found it or not, but we've combed over it for all 3 versions and it just left us clueless last I checked. We only have so much time to sleuth, but I'm sure we could figure it out if we wanted to.

We kind of like the mystery, honestly.

Hatty Hattington was unfortunately a spoiled surprise thanks to the people who messed with the assets and posted it for the world to see. He is a thank-you character for any Castle Crashers player who will support us by purchasing BBT. He's not on the PC or PS3 version because there's simply no BBT on the PC or PS3.

thanks for the kind words. cheers!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - Darth Vader

No, seriously this cant be true, you cannot do that :( I would easily purchase BBT just to get Hatty on CC. Please it would be super simple to add Hatty to the PC version atleast.

Dan please,please,please i beg you.I. NEED. HATTY. EVERYONE NEEDS HATTY!

Edited by DataPack

Hi all,

I'm having some problems with multiplayer. We are 4 friends, and while playing with two of them i have no problems, if we add the third one we can't play no more and "waiting for players" message appears all the time while we are playing. The weird thing is that if my others friends play with him and i'm not connected, there are no connectivity issues. So, the problem only appears when we are both connected.

How can i know if this is a game issue or if it's a problem between our both conections (which sounds strange)? We play other games together with no problems. Please help us, we really want to play this game all together :(

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm having some problems with multiplayer. We are 4 friends, and while playing with two of them i have no problems, if we add the third one we can't play no more and "waiting for players" message appears all the time while we are playing. The weird thing is that if my others friends play with him and i'm not connected, there are no connectivity issues. So, the problem only appears when we are both connected.

How can i know if this is a game issue or if it's a problem between our both conections (which sounds strange)? We play other games together with no problems. Please help us, we really want to play this game all together :(

Thanks

There's probably something conflicting between your two connections. I remember have this same type of problem on my Xbox, where I could have people in a party and invite one person, but if I wanted to be in a party with just that one person, it wouldn't let me. Sometimes, connections are just funky like that.

Hi all,

Thanks

If the steam version works like the others (which is likely), then this sounds like a NAT filter connectivity issue. For example, lets say that the two non-troubled connection friends have a NAT type 1, which can basically connect to anyone and host games with no issue, etc. You and your other friend sound like you may have a NAT type 3, which is very strict and can only connect to NAT 1 players without trouble.

So individually either of the NAT 3 players can join a NAT 1 game, however when both NAT 3 players join that same lobby it can cause connection issues across the board.

In short, you and that 3rd friend need to check the NAT settings on your router. If it is set to strict, try going with moderate if that option is given. I know there's a whole topic on this somewhere on the boards... probably in technical issues.

If the steam version works like the others (which is likely), then this sounds like a NAT filter connectivity issue. For example, lets say that the two non-troubled connection friends have a NAT type 1, which can basically connect to anyone and host games with no issue, etc. You and your other friend sound like you may have a NAT type 3, which is very strict and can only connect to NAT 1 players without trouble.

So individually either of the NAT 3 players can join a NAT 1 game, however when both NAT 3 players join that same lobby it can cause connection issues across the board.

In short, you and that 3rd friend need to check the NAT settings on your router. If it is set to strict, try going with moderate if that option is given. I know there's a whole topic on this somewhere on the boards... probably in technical issues.

Wow, Thanks! I was loosing my faith on this. We'll try it this week. I'm the only one of both that has a router so I'm might be the one with the problem, I'll try making some changes on the router config and let you know if i was able to fix it. I'll also look for that topic. Thanks a lot!

There is something really annoying that happens when you play in windowed mode. The cursor keeps focusing itself in the middle of the window when you make a selection with the controller on a menu. I have to move the cursor off screen quite a few times during a session.

And sorry for the double post, but I have another question. If my buddy wants to come over and play it with me, can he plug in a 360 controller so we can play local multiplayer? Thanks.

Only if you are also playing with a recognized controller, apparently. I'd REALLY like to see the keyboard able to be a separate input for player 1, since one of my controllers at home is unrecognized. Basically, if I have two controllers and the keyboard, I can still only play ONE player locally. That's just stupid.

Wow, Thanks! I was loosing my faith on this. We'll try it this week. I'm the only one of both that has a router so I'm might be the one with the problem, I'll try making some changes on the router config and let you know if i was able to fix it. I'll also look for that topic. Thanks a lot!

Hi all, just to let you know about this. We tried last week, and i disconnected my router, just using the net cable and it worked perfectly! So I was the problem and I will have to check my router configuration.

Thanks a lot for evertything!

I get an error saying the following:

A crash has been detected,and a mini dump has been sent to us.We will use it to investigate the problem.

whenever I play multiplayer (haven't tried singleplayer too much but I only want to play multiplayer anyway)

any ideas on what the problem is?

cheers, Caynn