• Announcements

• megan

Arena Features + Prisoner Unlock for 12/2/2016   12/02/2016

Get Ms. Pump in BattleBlock Theater when you head into an online area of the game. She'll appear in your Star category in the Player Setup menu.    While you're in the game, check out the re-featured playlists in Arena Feature!    oh baby by Rested Hero SquaredCircelFun by Ten_Tacles   Happy Furbottom's Fridays!
Winterous

Bbt Ever To Be Sold On Pc?

38 posts in this topic

I've been eagerly awaiting this game since it was announced, and I fully expect to absolutely love the game, but... I don't even use my Xbox, nor do we have a convenient setup to link it to the internet, nor do I even nearly intend to pay for Xbox Live to play with the single friend I know who will be buying it on Xbox.

What I'm saying is that Castle Crashers seems to have been reasonably successfull on PC, and considering that porting from Xbox to PC probably isn't that hard since I imagine Microsoft would have intentionally designed it that way, it would be great if BBT was released on PC.

I, for all intents and purposes, don't have an Xbox, yet I would absolutely love to get this game.

And I've already waited, what, three, four years? I wouldn't mind another six months or so to allow for the conversion.

I'll be extremely disappointed if it isn't released on PC, because I've looked forward to it for a long time.

Please, giant chicken, think of the childrens Q-Q

Took four years for Castle Crashers to hit PC. Just saying.

However now that they've done a PC release they have a better idea of not only how to do it, but how successful it might be.

Took four years for Castle Crashers to hit PC. Just saying.

However now that they've done a PC release they have a better idea of not only how to do it, but how successful it might be.

Exactly, but to port a game from xbox to pc is pretty easy.The sales would skyrocket on steam if its released in the same year as it hits xbox. (DO IT BEHEMOTH!)

Edited by DataPack

Just a thought: Maybe a straight port to the Windows 8? I have no idea how feasible it is technically, but they did it with Hydro Thunder and Ilomilo, complete with xbox live profile support and achievements.

Just a thought: Maybe a straight port to the Windows 8? I have no idea how feasible it is technically, but they did it with Hydro Thunder and Ilomilo, complete with xbox live profile support and achievements.

Those are both bigger games, BBT is not. I'm not saying it's not possible, but don't expect a PC release anytime soon, if at all.

Those are both bigger games, BBT is not. I'm not saying it's not possible, but don't expect a PC release anytime soon, if at all.

Mostly expect that part of the post. :mellow:

I would definitely buy it on Steam, after playing BBT at PAXeast I am confident that this game could sell on any platform!

If Battleblock Theater was on the PC, I would say that not only would it need Steam Workshop for levels, but for being able to make your own characters too.

If Battleblock Theater was on the PC, I would say that not only would it need Steam Workshop for levels, but for being able to make your own characters too.

There's already a level editor, which contains all the same tools that the Behemoth used to make the levels. That makes Steam Workshop obsolete and/or redundant.

I like playing on the XBox, the recliner is way more comfortable! (not to mention the 55in TV is much better!)

Weird

I like playing on the XBox, the recliner is way more comfortable! (not to mention the 55in TV is much better!)

Weird

Thing is, you can hook your computer up to a TV, and you can use a wireless controller with your computer, and you can sit on a comfy couch while using your computer.

EVERYONE has a computer, but not everyone has an Xbox, and not everyone wants to pay to play online (regardless of how little it may be).

It's quite simply broadening the available market to release it on PC.

I think it really comes down to how well it sells on xbox first. I think for it to even be worth it, the game has to sell as well as Castle Crashers. Which will be hard to do. 

I think it really comes down to how well it sells on xbox first. I think for it to even be worth it, the game has to sell as well as Castle Crashers. Which will be hard to do. 

No it won't. This is the Behemoth we're talking about. They can't go wrong.

While I'll agree that they make amazing games. I just think castle crashers is the type of game that would appeal to a bigger audience. Battleblock looks amazing don't get me wrong, it just seems like it may not bring in the type of audience the last game did. 

While I'll agree that they make amazing games. I just think castle crashers is the type of game that would appeal to a bigger audience. Battleblock looks amazing don't get me wrong, it just seems like it may not bring in the type of audience the last game did. 

AH sold a crapton as well, and those two games differed greatly.

It was nothing like the success of Castle Crashers. Not even close. 

It was nothing like the success of Castle Crashers. Not even close. 

That doesn't mean it didn't sell enough to make it to multiple platforms, AND get an HD edition.

AH made it onto a pretty staggering variety of consoles in a lot of formats, and CC made it onto both PC and PS3, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if BBT eventually made it onto PC. I'd buy it on XBox and PC, like I did with Castle Crashers. Their replayability makes it well worth the price - I have a stack of $60 AAA titles I haven't touched, as opposed to the jillions of hours I've sunk into Castle Crashers - combined with the fact that they're highly social games, and I play with different folks on Steam and XBLA. I'm not expecting BBT to show up on Steam right away, if at all, but I'll definitely pick it up if it does. 

Weird

Thing is, you can hook your computer up to a TV, and you can use a wireless controller with your computer, and you can sit on a comfy couch while using your computer.

EVERYONE has a computer, but not everyone has an Xbox, and not everyone wants to pay to play online (regardless of how little it may be).

It's quite simply broadening the available market to release it on PC.

I'm not as happy with the computer connected to the TV. I love multi player on the Xbox.