• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

FALL SALE! 25% OFF select merch   10/16/2017

Time to stock up on all of our autumn appropriate threads and accessories!

From now thru October 22, 2017 (11:59PM PST), we’ve got sweatshirts and warm plush hats on sale at 25% OFF in our online store! There are also a few other rad items like the Behemoth scarf, skate decks, and the Hatty tissue box cover on sale.

See the full list of Fall items here: FALL SALE
trickster2599

What Are Your Favorite Soundtracks From Games?

In every game (or almost), there is always a soundtrack or 2 (most likely more) that you find catchy or some other reason. What are your favorite tracks from games?

If you know the name of the soundtrack, you can post the name, otherwise try to post the atmosphere or whatever it gives...

Sorry if there's another topic like this but...

Favorite Soundtracks (a few): Rayman; Mr. dark theme, Mother; Airplane Ride, etc.

This could have been worded a lot better...

Off the top of my head, besides Castle Crashers music (Waterflame's tracks are the best!) ...

Super Meat Boy has fantastic music, it kinda has to be, especially since you're probably gonna be spending forever and a day trying to beat a level. My favorite track is Betus Blues from the Hospital Light World.

de Blob 2 has some really jazzy/funky/disco/Latin kind of music (I really have no idea what you even-). In the actual game, each color that you paint the buildings has its specific sound. As you paint the world, you're basically making remixes. The soundtrack is wearing a little old for me since I've been listening to it constantly for almost a year and a half now, but Pinked is one of the songs that really stands out.

Hasn't this thread already been made?

If not, then:

Shadow of the Colossus OST

Metal Gear Solid 1-4 OST

Final Fantasy 3 (or 6, if you're Japanese) OST

Those are my top ones. 

Oh jeez. Another hard one...I listen to a lot of different OSTs. I guess I'll list a few that I can think off the top of my head.

• Kirby (Kirby games have such good music. Just WOW.)
  • Castle Crashers 
  • Mother 3
  • Pokemon (Pretty much every single one, except 4. Sorry... ;;; )
  • Final Fantasy IX 

Click on this thread and press ctrl+f and type Zelda and see that the word Zelda has not been used in this thread once.

You guys what are you even doing

Click on this thread and press ctrl+f and type Zelda and see that the word Zelda has not been used in this thread once.

Sorry Dex, but...

Journey soundtrack > Zelda soundtrack

The Ace Combat series has

(There are three links there.)

I would list other games, but I have a feeling I'll end up with a list about 125 games too long.

I'm actually learning one of the Songs for To The Moon (For River Johnny's version to be exact). The music in that game is lovely and even creates a better atmosphere with it imo.

Sorry Dex, but...

WHOAHOHOHOOOOOOOOO

And even that isn't as good as

. In my opinion.

Here's another one. Fun to listen to over and over.

Edited by Turkey
  • Upvote 1

Sorry Dex, but...

WHOAHOHOHOOOOOOOOO

And even that isn't as good as

. In my opinion.

Here's another one. Fun to listen to over and over.

No, I still prefer Journey.

Paper Mario games always have great music. Especially Super Paper Mario, I mean the first level welcomes you with a great cheerful tune.

I'll agree with KirbyWindWaker on both Castle Crashers and Mother 3 (gonna throw Earthbound in too, that had some nice music).

Also FEZ has a lovely soundtrack. Disasterpeace is awesome.

And... anything by Danny Baranowsky, whether it's Super Meat Boy or Binding of Isaac or whatever.

And then Jim Guthrie's awesome too, he did the soundtrack for Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery and Indie Game: The Movie.

Finally I'll mention "Exile Vilify" from Portal 2 as a specific track, it counts as part of the soundtrack. Absolutely beautiful. "Four Part Plan" from that game is pretty epic final boss music.

I could go on all day, but those stand out the most to me!

Oh, yeah

Favorite tracks from Rayman: Moskito's Rage, Cloak of Darkness, Picture Perfect, Harmony, Painted Penthalon, The Saxophone's Song, Space Mama's Play, World Map, Washing Machine from Outer Space, Never wake a sleeping scorpion, Ruler of the Mountain, The Magician's Challenge, etc. As you can see, I am a video game music nerd...

HALO Theme (1 and 3) always give me chills.

Star Fox (SNES and N64) - So do some remixes in Smash Bros Melee.

And a game that lots of people doesn't know, but it's a huge deal here in Brazil, which is Top Gear (SNES). 

People here cry listening to this.

I listened all in Video Games Live show. Breathtaking.

The halo 2 OST I have always loved. But all the halo games have amazing music (except halo 4, which sucked). There are some other games that I can't think of at the moment that I like.

The halo 2 OST I have always loved. But all the halo games have amazing music (except halo 4, which sucked). There are some other games that I can't think of at the moment that I like.

Halo 4's soundtrack wasn't bad. It was different from the other games, but I found it to be quite good.

I have a lot of complaints about Halo 4, the soundtrack was not one of them actually. It doesn't follow Marty's style but it did do something unique which was a more thematic twist to the soundtrack. Although it existed in certain sections of previous Halo soundtracks it was no where near the extent of what it was in this game. Sometimes this is done really horribly, but somehow Halo 4 did manage to pull it off quite well.

Now if you want to talk about a bad Halo track look at Reach. There's a reason it was the first time in 5 games Marty's work didn't win any awards.