Sign in to follow this  
Behemoth_Erin

Welcome To The Level Creation Discussion Forum!

Greetings, directors! Whether you are an aspiring auteur or a practised playwright, this forum is the place to learn and share tips and tricks for getting the most out of the BattleBlock Theater Level Editor.

Wanna say a few words about your design philosophy, or about that cool Block interaction you just discovered? Start a new topic and have at it! 

For a quick run down, head over to the Battlewiki's page on the Level Editor: http://battlewiki.battleblocktheater.com/index.php/Level_Editor

And, for a detailed tutorial on creating BattleBlock Theater Adventure playlists, check out this video:

If you build it, they will come. And die. And come back for more!

Lindsay    124

Im guessing the more challenging a level is the more of a chance it has of being a furbottom  playlist.

Hmmm... challenge can but fun, but...!

I would say that the more awesome, creative, and fun the level is, the more of a chance it has to become a Furbottom's Featured Playlist.

Elusive Kat    6

Im guessing the more challenging a level is the more of a chance it has of being a furbottom  playlist.

Hmmm... challenge can but fun, but...!

I would say that the more awesome, creative, and fun the level is, the more of a chance it has to become a Furbottom's Featured Playlist.

Sweet, thanks for the info lindsay!

Hey, you said you cant use certain titles, can you give specifically what you cant title levels? Like can i not title it "Call of Duty" or "Walmart" or "George Clooney" ( just examples) Thanks :)

Hey, you said you cant use certain titles, can you give specifically what you cant title levels? Like can i not title it "Call of Duty" or "Walmart" or "George Clooney" ( just examples) Thanks :)

I think they talking about racist, violent or religious terms, etc... that you can't use in your levels titles.

I think they talking about racist, violent or religious terms, etc... that you can't use in your levels titles.
I know they did remove some with copyright names :/ Edited by TheEliteReet

Just wanting to promote my playlist: BlitzBrickArena by BulimianRhapsdy

It's the most exciting Arena playlist you'll see all month, if not all year!

Feel free to message me with feedback on XBL.

Gametypes: King of the Hill (6), Ball (6), and Muckle (3).

Each level has a unique and hilarious gimmick. The favorite seems to be the third map in on KOTH, called "For Science."

Lindsay    124

The Behemoth is legally obligated to remove reported playlists that infringe on the licenses of other companies, or that include inappropriate content.

Some examples of this are: 

- Level or playlist names that are direct copies of existing games, movies, books, etc.

- Level content that directly copies existing games, movies, books, etc. 

- Swears (!!)

- Naughty level content that shan't be mentioned here -- YOU know what I mean

So please use caution when creating levels -- it makes us very sad to remove playlists that you've clearly worked so hard on, and it's safer to use parody than a direct copy of something else. Thank you for your understanding!

** Please note: The Behemoth reserves the right to remove any user-created content at any time, for any reason. **

• Upvote 1

With the reserving of rights to delete... is there any way to have a published playlist pulled? I was silly and uploaded a playlist that isn't possible to A++ start to finish. I've uploaded an amended version where I've managed to correct this error but the older playlist is still out there, mocking me. Is there currently a way to voluntarily retire playlists you've personally published?

Lindsay    124

With the reserving of rights to delete... is there any way to have a published playlist pulled? I was silly and uploaded a playlist that isn't possible to A++ start to finish. I've uploaded an amended version where I've managed to correct this error but the older playlist is still out there, mocking me. Is there currently a way to voluntarily retire playlists you've personally published?

Currently, no, there is no way to retire your own playlists. 

Can anyone tell me how to change the direction an enemy is facing in the level editor. I can only change the type not the direction on the Xbox360.

Greetings and thanks for right awnser.

Lindsay    124

Aww.

...Hypothetically speaking, what would happen if I reported one of my own playlists as illegal?

Dooooon't recommend that one as it could have negative consequences for your Xbox LIVE reputation. Sounds silly, but it may eventually lead to Microsoft TAKING ACTION on your account (scary stuff -- of course, it depends on how naughty you are in other games).

Hypothetically speaking, of course. 

Cifuoco87    0

When I'm in level editor, I don't see the hazard sign icon to make a secret level. I put a secret level block in one of my levels and I still cant get it to show up. What is going on?

KMKHunter    15

When I'm in level editor, I don't see the hazard sign icon to make a secret level. I put a secret level block in one of my levels and I still cant get it to show up. What is going on?

The secret block doesn't trigger in the editor. If you want to test before you upload try this. Goto solo, furbottom's features, community, playlists I created. This section lets you load playlist as if they were published and test it but it loads from your local storage instead of uploading online. Then you can see your playlist in action but still have a chance to go edit more before you publish them.

KMKHunter    15

I dont get it.. how do I set spawns for arena matches? ;/ Am i missing something

Press right trigger and goto section 7 status far right. Arena spawn points the block ontop with the 1 on it. When thats selected use the right stick to toggle between 1 and 2 for each team respectively.

aspect21    0

I have uploaded my first three level playlist but I cant find it now online.  I have searched it pretty much every way I can find, but still no luck.  I thought it would just be under "my playlists" but it says I don't have anything.  After I was done creating my maps it said it uploaded it, so I can't edit it now, I know it took some action but I don't know what.  What else is odd is that I can see my playlist name on my HD if I go in the xbox menu/system/storage.  Is there an upload delay time that I just need to sit out?  Or am I missing something all together.

Regards,

Lindsay    124

I have uploaded my first three level playlist but I cant find it now online.  I have searched it pretty much every way I can find, but still no luck.  I thought it would just be under "my playlists" but it says I don't have anything.  After I was done creating my maps it said it uploaded it, so I can't edit it now, I know it took some action but I don't know what.  What else is odd is that I can see my playlist name on my HD if I go in the xbox menu/system/storage.  Is there an upload delay time that I just need to sit out?  Or am I missing something all together.

Regards,

Hello!!!!!!!!!!! I can help you with this. :-D :grin:

WHY ISN'T MY LEVEL UNDER "MY PLAYLISTS"?!

Once you upload a level to the Community, it is REMOVED from your local system and WILL NOT appear under My Playlists. For that reason, we recommend you BACK UP your playlists before you upload them.

This thread describes what's going on (and how to back up!) in excruciating detail:

http://forums.thebehemoth.com/index.php?/topic/14830-backing-up-your-playlist-how-to-edit-it-later-please-read/

THEN WHERE THE SALTY HECK DID IT GO?!
Online, young lad or lassie! Look to online!!

When Playlists are uploaded, they'll end up in one of two places in the Community Theater: a. The Arena; or b. The Story/Adventure. 

Make sure you search both sections to find your playlist! You can get to the Arena from The Arena > Community Theater, or the Story/Adventure Section from Furbottom's Features > Community Theater on the blueprint menu.

In order to be considered a Story/Adventure level (and show up in the Furbottom's Features section), you must create 15 levels in a very specific arrangement in the Playlist. 

All other levels go to the Arena by default. 

This thread should help describe this a bit more:

PHEW, THAT WAS A LOT OF INFO!
I know, right?!?! Let us know if you have any other questions.