• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

Pit People's Final Touches   11/21/2017

It has been nearly a year since we launched Pit People on early access. This journey has been an incredible experience! We’ve built a better game thanks to all your feedback. So here’s a spicy little situation: We’ve decided that our next big drop will be the FULL version of the game! Yes, it shall be complete! You’ll be able to play through the story and find out what happens for everyone.  
        As we write this, we’re working on the last of the cinematics for the story campaign! This is the final push towards completing the game, alongside additional story quests and a new world map with bonus missions.
        Since there’s so much involved with these last steps (VO, animation, level creation, music licensing, QA testing, etc), we’re not exactly sure when everything will line up for a full release date, but we’re shooting to release within the first few months of 2018.
        Thank you again to all of the people who’ve been playing Pit People during early access and to everyone who has been sending us feedback. It has truly been invaluable and we can’t wait to share the conclusion of Pit People with you all!
Derpface123

How's Everyone Doing On Their Insane Mode Progress?

Any one wanna run-through it on insane co-op? I sadly can't play all that much, so don't expect to finish it hastily I am looking to beat it on co-op insane and need someone who is up to the task.

Lol I'd be up to it. If you'd like. ;)

Same here. I play Insane co-op with a friend but he's not on all the time and I want to get the gold trophy. I'm on at 4 PST pretty much everyday.

Taking a break after a frustrating time on a level is almost mandatory I have to say.

There's no rush to beat Insane mode right away, take your time and cruise through it. I've been doing a chapter of Insane every day after work, it keeps me from going crazy as I'm not trying to beat like 5 chapters in one night and getting stressed out.

LOOK CHILDREN, A GOLDEN HAT!

NO.

The amount of times I have died because Stamper decided I need to risk my 1 life for 10 stinkin gems is starting to get on my nerves :P

I was RIGHT at the end of 8-4 I think, and who shows up?  Mr. ImGonnaPausetheGameAndShowYouAGoldenHat

I can't wait to finish these last few chapters >_>

Me and David are on chptr 4, we would be on Chapter 5... but my power shut off yesterday. Sorry David! x(

I just started Insanse last night. I won't continue on til I A++ the level, I just finished 2-9. 

I had someone with the Gold Trophy politely message me on xbox telling me how they got it, so I decided to pursue. 

I've been working with Hateside. We barely started yesterday and we're on the 3rd chapter. Granted as we go further there's going to be lag on the harder levels but i think we can do it by June.

I made it to 8-4 in one sitting on solo insane last night, beat the rest today and claimed my golden trophy. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

If I do co-op on insane I'll be signing in a controller and solo-ing it (unless both players have to reach the finish line -_-). I'll probably only do it if there's a new type of trophy to unlock though.

Oh and I had no idea the boomerang retrieved stuff. Lol that would have been useful to know beforehand...

Edited by chhipz

I'm going to beat normal co-op with randoms tomorrow, and then start a insane solo playthrough. Going to try out the boomerang to get as much stuff as possible. Won't be getting a lot of A++'s, just trying to get the achievement and trophy. I'm a fairly average player, so I might get pooped. Any advice from people who have already beaten it?

I'm going to beat normal co-op with randoms tomorrow, and then start a insane solo playthrough. Going to try out the boomerang to get as much stuff as possible. Won't be getting a lot of A++'s, just trying to get the achievement and trophy. I'm a fairly average player, so I might get pooped. Any advice from people who have already beaten it?

Patience.

I finally finished playing solo normal last night, and started with insane solo this morning. Im on 2-2 and im planning on doing a chapter a day or maybe more.

Just finished playing, wasn't that bad, though on later levels I'm pretty sure I will get spanked like a disrespectful toddler thinking he's hot poop. I'm currently going solo on 3-4.

I am at chapter 6-3 I believe insane solo. Almost done:) Almost

Would you say it was a challenge for you playing through the last two chapters? Just want to know what lies ahead of me.

I am at chapter 6-3 I believe insane solo. Almost done:) Almost

Would you say it was a challenge for you playing through the last two chapters? Just want to know what lies ahead of me.

Challenging but very doable.

Got it today, and surprisingly I A++'d most of the levels in Chapter 8. I actually found 2 levels back in Chapter 7 and 6 that were harder.

Too bad I can't show it off since it seems a lot more people have the trophy now, not as rare as it used to be.

Currently at 4-8 on insane solo, anyone who completed it solo, does it get a lot more difficult after chapter 4? Or stay about the same?

Currently at 4-8 on insane solo, anyone who completed it solo, does it get a lot more difficult after chapter 4? Or stay about the same?

It does get more difficult, but not a lot more. My biggest gripes with Insane is the length of some levels. Cruising through a level easily for 2 minutes only to reach a part which takes a bit more precision or skill, only to die and have to do the same easy part of the level all over again.

Then there's the Encore levels which don't respawn you instantly and instead you either have to press start and reset manually, or wait for the "Scene Failed" screen to appear, press Y, and restart the level that way. I honestly hope that gets changed in the future through an update if possible.

I wish there was a quick-reset button you can press on your controller. Or something a bit more complicated but still fast like hold both triggers and press A + X.

I started and finished it on solo over the weekend. There were a couple of levels that nearly had me beat though. Particularly in World 6 and then level 8-4 (which seems to be common on here). I nearly gave up after that level but glad I stuck with it. Strangely I found World 6 much tougher than 7 which I seemed to breeze through.

I dread to think what co-op Insane would be like. I can't imagine anyone having the patience to do it with me as I die a lot. Like, really a lot.

I do think Insane mode changed my opinion of the game though. I found Normal to be a little easy as there is no challenge to it at all. The game felt like it was missing something for me. Maybe there could have been a kind of middle ground with Easy having unlimited lives and Normal having 3 or 5 say (even that would be challenging on some of the later levels).

I found the difficulty spiked at World 6. Prior to that it was fairly easy in that I always knew I would get it done (eventually). 

Finally did it!  Once I got past 8-4 everything was a breeze!  

I think it was 8-6 or so where there is a robot right at the end.  I almost did it on my first run, but the missile hit me as I was jumping to the exit, and all I could do is watch as my limbs and head landed on it :'(

So worth it though, look how shiny that thing is!

525386_10152741266020333_1057784151_n.jp

Do you have to a++ all insane levels to get the trophy or just finish insane mode to get it?

Also I'm on chapter 5 level 9

Just finish all the normal levels + the finale. A++ is not required :)