Infected

Battleblock Theater Glitches

118 posts in this topic

Post all your battleblock theater glitches here!

Just to make it easier for Admins etc

I have this one glitch

if you put the angry dog thing near a lava block and he jumps to try and get you but hes hitting the wall at the same time he teleports through blocks

I uploaded a 4 level playlist yesterday and when I try to select it it keeps saying "No Valid Playlist Found" it doesn't even show it.

I even went back and made a dummy playlist to see if it was a one time occurrence, was not, that one also encountered to same problem.

I'm just glad I decided to make a pvp playlist instead normal one, because I would have been super pissed.

That said all my work has gone to waste :(

I uploaded a 4 level playlist yesterday and when I try to select it it keeps saying "No Valid Playlist Found" it doesn't even show it.

I even went back and made a dummy playlist to see if it was a one time occurrence, was not, that one also encountered to same problem.

I'm just glad I decided to make a pvp playlist instead normal one, because I would have been super pissed.

That said all my work has gone to waste :(

Don't worry, your levels probably aren't gone. Once you've uploaded your levels, they will NO LONGER appear in My Playlists as they are now online. Uploaded playlists are removed from your storage device when they are uploaded to the Community Theater. We highly recommend that you create a backup of your levels PRIOR to uploading them so you can go back and tweak them later. The easiest way to do this is copy your level files to an external storage device (such as a USB memory unit) via the Dashboard, though you can also do this in-game by manually saving each level to a new playlist. 

That being said, you can still access your levels by searching for them in the Community Theater. 

Levels can go to one of two places in the Community Theater: a) The Arena; or B) The Story/Adventure. 

Make sure you search both sections to find your playlist! You can get to the Arena from The Arena > Community Theater, or the Story/Adventure Section from Furbottom's Features > Community Theater on the blueprint menu.

In order to be considered a Story/Adventure level, you must create 15 levels in a very specific playlist format (including a secret level). 

Levels 1-9: Adventure Mode (Strawberry)
Levels 10-14 Challenge Mode (Triangle with Exclamation Mark)
Level 15: Adventure (Strawberry) OR Challenge (Triangle with Exclamation Mark -- your choice!)

All other levels go to the Arena by default. 

We hope this helps!
- The Behemoth Support Team

Level editor minor issue

Step 1 - Place two teleporters

Step 2 - Block one teleporter with the button-based disappearing block (row 3, 5th block down) 

Step 3 - Go through the other teleporter - The teleporters should be blocked but aren't

I have tried loading the featured arena content with another player on couch Co op, to play online, and every time it says Battleblock theater content is not available (or something similar) but we can still play other arena modes online. We also can play the Co op adventure furbottom feature levels, and user created levels. The only thing we can't do is play the furbottom feature arena levels online.

Edited by Ten Bears

I have tried loading the featured arena content with another player on couch Co op, to play online, and every time it says Battleblock theater content is not available (or something similar) but we can still play other arena modes online. We also can play the Co op adventure furbottom feature levels, and user created levels. The only thing we can't do is play the furbottom feature arena levels online.

Is your second player signed into a profile, or signed in as a Guest? To be safe, ensure your second player is signed into any profile with Member Content set to Allowed. 

Guests should not be able to access Furbottom's Features due to user created content restrictions on the Xbox -- although I'm a little taken aback by you being able to play other user-generated content. 

Is your second player signed into a profile, or signed in as a Guest? To be safe, ensure your second player is signed into any profile with Member Content set to Allowed.

Guests should not be able to access Furbottom's Features due to user created content restrictions on the Xbox -- although I'm a little taken aback by you being able to play other user-generated content.

He has xbox live gold and is signed into an account, as do I. If it helps, we are connected to xbox live, nat open, go through xbox live, arena, features.

When you replied, we thought since this wasn't our original xbox (disc read errors) and we are using a borrowed one that it may have the settings changed, but its set to member content 'allowed'

And we did play/finish the co op furbottom feature adventure prior to trying to access the furbottom feature arena. We tried a few times Saturday 4/20 between 8am and noon, as well as today (Monday 4/22) around 9am and again at 11am. Both of us were signed into xbox live (gold membership) with nat open.

Although I don't think it matters, I am the one who purchased the game and he was the one who started the session as player one. I was logged in though, and he didn't play anything by himself

Edit: I signed him out for a bit and dashboarded (to watch hulu during lunch) and when I relaunched the game, I signed him in as player two and navigated my profile to furbottoms features through xbox live and it seems to be working now. Sorry for the trouble/false flags.

Edited by Ten Bears

He has xbox live gold and is signed into an account, as do I. If it helps, we are connected to xbox live, nat open, go through xbox live, arena, features.

When you replied, we thought since this wasn't our original xbox (disc read errors) and we are using a borrowed one that it may have the settings changed, but its set to member content 'allowed'

And we did play/finish the co op furbottom feature adventure prior to trying to access the furbottom feature arena. We tried a few times Saturday 4/20 between 8am and noon, as well as today (Monday 4/22) around 9am and again at 11am. Both of us were signed into xbox live (gold membership) with nat open.

Although I don't think it matters, I am the one who purchased the game and he was the one who started the session as player one. I was logged in though, and he didn't play anything by himself

Edit: I signed him out for a bit and dashboarded (to watch hulu during lunch) and when I relaunched the game, I signed him in as player two and navigated my profile to furbottoms features through xbox live and it seems to be working now. Sorry for the trouble/false flags.

Ah, yes, that makes a bit more sense. If you are using a profile that hasn't actually purchased the game, you may notice some strange things going on as your profile won't have the proper permissions to play the game. 

We recommend always using the profile that has purchased the game on that system as Player 1, for the best possible experience.

We'll keep looking into this over here, though, in case something else is going on. Thanks for the information and for the update!

Nova (UberHaxorNova) and his friend Immortal were playing BBT coop when they were fighting over a Golden hat and it got duped, proof...

Edited by Cheez

Level editor minor issue

Step 2 - Block one teleporter with the button-based disappearing block (row 3, 5th block down) 

Step 3 - Go through the other teleporter - The teleporters should be blocked but aren't

Confirmed, is this the intended behaviour? My solution at the moment is to surround the teleporter with said disappearing blocks, that way I can decide which paths are open and which are not, but a cleaner solution would remove the need to try a few times before going through the right exit. Any thoughts?

Level editor minor issue

Confirmed, is this the intended behaviour? My solution at the moment is to surround the teleporter with said disappearing blocks, that way I can decide which paths are open and which are not, but a cleaner solution would remove the need to try a few times before going through the right exit. Any thoughts?

The Triggered Block will indeed not block Teleporter Output, although you can't enter a Teleporter with a Triggered block in front of it.  

Some tricks to blocking the Teleporter Output are Bridges, Boulders, Explosive Blocks, and Movable Blocks.  It take some doing, but it's possible to make some advanced Teleporter Sequences with these combinations - just be sure to test your level thoroughly to ensure things don't break.  If you play through the game (especially the Encores) you can see some of these strategies demonstrated.  If you wan't to get more into tricks and strategies for this look through the Level Creation Discussion subtopic.

The Triggered Block will indeed not block Teleporter Output, although you can't enter a Teleporter with a Triggered block in front of it.  

Some tricks to blocking the Teleporter Output are Bridges, Boulders, Explosive Blocks, and Movable Blocks.  It take some doing, but it's possible to make some advanced Teleporter Sequences with these combinations - just be sure to test your level thoroughly to ensure things don't break.  If you play through the game (especially the Encores) you can see some of these strategies demonstrated.  If you wan't to get more into tricks and strategies for this look through the Level Creation Discussion subtopic.

Thank you very much for the explanation, glad it isn't a glitch after all! I can definitely work with that :D

Hello all,

When playing co op, local or via live, the camera will focus on the person I'm playing with. I will jump off screen, it won't zoom out or anything. It only happens when we join a scene, when we are in the store or just outside of a level the camera will follow both of us, and zoom in and out depending on distance, in a scene it focuses on just my friend and not me. Any ideas why?

Hello all,

When playing co op, local or via live, the camera will focus on the person I'm playing with. I will jump off screen, it won't zoom out or anything. It only happens when we join a scene, when we are in the store or just outside of a level the camera will follow both of us, and zoom in and out depending on distance, in a scene it focuses on just my friend and not me. Any ideas why?

It sounds like you might be having an issue with your controller.  When you click down on the right stick the camera will zoom in on your CoOp buddy if he's a certain distance away from you and it sound like that's stuck down on your controller.  Try pulling up and playing with it some, and if that doesn't work try another controller.  

Hope this helps!  If it doesn't let me know! 

When I try to play Furbottoms Features, it says "a signed in user is not allowed to download user created playlists. What is the problem?

When I try to play Furbottoms Features, it says "a signed in user is not allowed to download user created playlists. What is the problem?

Yikes, sounds like your privacy settings are keeping you from playing Furbottom's Features.

By default, Member Content (which is a fancy Microsoft term for user-created playlists like Furbottom's Features) is disabled if you're underage. In the United States, this is anyone who's 17 or below!

** QUICK DISCLAIMER BREAK: If you ARE underage, please ensure you have your parent or legal guardian's permission before attempting to make changes to your privacy settings. **

To check your privacy settings, start at the Dashboard. Highlight the Settings tab, then select the green Privacy box with a picture of a lock. Make sure that the words "Member Content" appear under the "Allowed" header. 

Now that I've told you all this, there IS one other thing that could be giving you trouble. 

Any active players who are NOT signed into an Xbox LIVE profile will also keep you from playing Furbottom's Features. This means that you can't play the Feature if your second controller is a Guest!

Hey guys, as far as I know my internet connection is not a problem but I am having such a hard time on Xbox Live games connecting to multiple players within Arena matches, sometimes Campaign and even Ranked matches. Let me go into detail on what is exactly happening with an example:

So I'm playing in a party of 3 (including myself), with my husband whose on another system in another room, and my brother-in-law who lives across town. We join a game and for a couple of minutes I can see the 4th player whose playing with us, but then the 4th player appears to glitch, and blow up, and is no longer on my screen at all. I assume that the player has left the game but in fact my husband and brother-in-law are fighting with him, or at least on my screen fighting with air. They even tell me that he is there, and that I just must be crazy or having a one-time issue. On the gem allocation screen the 4th player is missing, at least for me, but is visible with the other 2 in my party.

This sort of thing, where my xbox, or profile or something, not connecting to certain players happens whether or not I am in a party or playing alone over Xbox Live. It can also make 2 of 4 players invisible to myself. And sometimes its hard to tell whether a person has really left or is just now invisible for me. I am also having a lot of screens telling me, when it kicks me out of a game, that connection with the host has been lost; or connection with other players has ended.

Although this sort of thing has been helping my ranked matches by prematurely ending them and boosting my score, thats beside the point as half the time I do not know whether its my xbox now or them.

I'll change some settings around if that will help but I do not know what to fix. Thanks guys!

Hey guys, as far as I know my internet connection is not a problem but I am having such a hard time on Xbox Live games connecting to multiple players within Arena matches, sometimes Campaign and even Ranked matches. Let me go into detail on what is exactly happening with an example:

So I'm playing in a party of 3 (including myself), with my husband whose on another system in another room, and my brother-in-law who lives across town. We join a game and for a couple of minutes I can see the 4th player whose playing with us, but then the 4th player appears to glitch, and blow up, and is no longer on my screen at all. I assume that the player has left the game but in fact my husband and brother-in-law are fighting with him, or at least on my screen fighting with air. They even tell me that he is there, and that I just must be crazy or having a one-time issue. On the gem allocation screen the 4th player is missing, at least for me, but is visible with the other 2 in my party.

This sort of thing, where my xbox, or profile or something, not connecting to certain players happens whether or not I am in a party or playing alone over Xbox Live. It can also make 2 of 4 players invisible to myself. And sometimes its hard to tell whether a person has really left or is just now invisible for me. I am also having a lot of screens telling me, when it kicks me out of a game, that connection with the host has been lost; or connection with other players has ended.

Although this sort of thing has been helping my ranked matches by prematurely ending them and boosting my score, thats beside the point as half the time I do not know whether its my xbox now or them.

I'll change some settings around if that will help but I do not know what to fix. Thanks guys!

It sounds like you may be having an issue with your connection speed or NAT type. 

To find out, please run an Xbox LIVE Connection test.

TO RUN THE TEST:

From your Xbox LIVE Dashboard, scroll all the way to the Settings tab and select the green "system" box. Select "Network Settings," then your current connection type (Wired or Wireless). Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection. 

CHECK YOUR RESULTS:

Once the test is complete, check for any yellow or red exclamation marks the graphical status bar (pictures of the 360, Network, Internet, etc.). Select More Info.

If the test mentions your NAT Type is Moderate or Restrictive, this may be the source of your issue. 

WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT

The "Xbox LIVE" and "NAT" sections of the below page will give you some trouble-shooting steps on how to adjust your NAT settings:

http://www.thebehemoth.com/support/

Hopefully this helps! If not, please create a Support ticket, and a member of our team will help you out:

Open New Ticket

NAT firewall can be a tricky animal. It could be that you have multiple xboxs on the same network. Majority of the routers out there are not able to properly connect multiple xboxs. You need a PAT router for multiple xboxs on the network to start.. Also if you are behind multiple routers or if you have a gateway (router +modem) and add another router you may have invisable NAT errors where connection test says open because the first router is operating correctly but the second router or gateway is NAT blocking and it doesnt report the error because the first router is functioning properly. In my experience you always trouble shoot your network in situations where multiplayer acts funny. Also, you cant compare an xbox having issues by saying your computer or ipad connects without issue, since the xbox is a high horsepower machine and an ipad will connect to anything. If your xbox multiplayer is suffering then fix your network because your internet may be fine but your routing is having issues. Also internet is fallible, dont let someone trick you into beleiving your internet is fine just because a computer can load Google.com fine.

After receiving the Lava Lamp Head, it is now missing. And no, I did not trade it away. 

After receiving the Lava Lamp Head, it is now missing. And no, I did not trade it away. 

Apologies that you are experiencing this issue -- what a bummer!

Have you played with Lava Lamp at all since you earned him? Or did you just unlock him and quit out, and then not check for or play with him again since? When you quit out, did you quit to the Main Menu first, or quit the game/switch to another game right from the level? 

I ask because I am trying to figure out whether your game had a chance to autosave after you earned the Prisoner. You may have earned him, then quit out before the game had a chance to save. I would know he had saved if you have played with Lava Lamp on at least two separate times you played the game (for example: you earned/played with Lava Lamp, quit and took a break for a day or two, then played with Lava Lamp again -- but the third time you logged in, he was gone). 

I downloaded the new update via xbox live, and much to my chagrin, discovered that it caused an issue that makes the game unplayable. I now have only a trial version, and no matter how many times I "download again" at the purchase screen, I can't play anything but the trial version. If this issue has already been posted, can someone point me to a fix? If not, what the heck? Tried deleting and reinstalling, didn't help.