• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

FALL SALE! 25% OFF select merch   10/16/2017

Time to stock up on all of our autumn appropriate threads and accessories!

From now thru October 22, 2017 (11:59PM PST), we’ve got sweatshirts and warm plush hats on sale at 25% OFF in our online store! There are also a few other rad items like the Behemoth scarf, skate decks, and the Hatty tissue box cover on sale.

See the full list of Fall items here: FALL SALE
JesseWeinstein

[Spoilers] Ending Revelation Conspiracy

uhm hes floating too the ground of the see at the end.so i dooont think the paralyzed body would survive that oo.or i think too logical for that game.. .o. anyway its a sensless game with a sensless ending nobody rly knows what it should  be soooooooooo yeah if you want him too live just stay where and dont think bout logic >D

I figure that the bear is actually the cat monster from Castle crashers, and that the laser burn him up so that he became all charred and black. Then the waves caused by the hat wiped the world anew and the medieval era began all over again. IE castle crashers.

AHEM, please do not say swag or yolo in the courthyard mister.

And he is NOT honey hug, it's fanmade, only so that we actually have a name while waiting ot have a real name, if we ever do.

In Ancient Egypt cats were believed to be a very holy and sacred animal. There was even a cat deity said to exact justice and execution to evil doers, they also were said to be guardians of the underworld. isn't it strange that we also have cats as guards in this game ?....I believe that the great storm killed all of the friends on the ss friendship that sad day...all but hatty hattington for he was a gracious soul that everyone loved. The guardians of the underworld wanted to return his soul to the world, but hatty could not leave his friends so when that evil hat was placed on him to remove his soul hattys soul hid in order to help his friends navigate  the obstacles of HELL. which would explain why hattys body never moved....for his soul is the narrator. Im guessing the guards used his body to motivate the prisoners to participate in the story . some prisoners would try to beat the obstacles to get revenge on hatty for some believed him to  have betrayed them, and others like the protagonist wished to save him...all the while without knowing that hatty was guiding them along the whole way. .....someone please try to figure out the rest....lol

I have just finished the game, and its already landed as my game of the year so far in 2013. It was brutal, upsetting and absolutely hilarious in equal measure, and affected me to the point I had to write some sort of analysis to see if anyone else was seeing what I was seeing (a quick google search thrown up a negative, hence more an incentive to write this account). Before I 'intellectually' throw down completely on the games themes, I will have to explain a bit about myself in order to have a little context how I pieced all of this account together. 

I am a 22 year old performer, and I am rather grandiose in my own delusional world. Onstage it doesn't matter, but the for the performing artist, its difficult to stop performing away from the job. "the pay is poop, but the hours are good" comes to mind, my mind constantly whirs and never lets up, its very hard to let go and be myself, whoever he may be. I've also done a hefty amount of psychedelics and become an acid casualty as of the last year, leaving me with many bad trips around my friends, and I never really came down to reality - I went back to my university course and ended up having the mother of all breakdowns with a hint of a messiah complex and delusional grandeur. Since, my friendships have gone a bit honeyhole-loveed as my friends try their best to pull me out of my guilt ridden abyss of what happened back in uni. OOOOH, THE DRAMA!! Basically, I liken myself very much to the catatonic depressive state of Hatty Hatington, as well as the theatrical voyeurism of the cats. and though Il try my best not to put my own experiences from now on, It will picture my thoughts I have been holding back for a long time, that only got pieced together playing the game - "It all makes sense now!". Also, be aware that I'm a paranoid wreck, possibly bipolar nut, and my musings could just be paranoid conspiracy piecing, and I'm liable to go off on different tangents, but I'l try my best to be honest about the dishonesty and be concise as I can. I hope it will be an interesting, vastly different read anyway. 

Firstly, Hatty seems to be the greatest friend on the S.S friendship, all is well and friendly before the storm appears. The friend group is massive and Hatty is bests friends to them all, always seeking adventure and new opportunity, be it the scary ghost ship or an island entirely made of candy. Whatever they would find, it would of been an experience. I liken the following storm to a bad self centered paranoid trip that comes and goes. He mentions "I don't know what Id do if I lost any of you" because he is completely emotionally dependent to his friends, but the storm comes back and forces everyone out of the S.S friendship, no matter how bad Hatty tries nicely to calm things down, and lands them all on this theatrical island run by cats to face themselves and each other for survival. Its as if Hattys overly attached friendship was always doomed to fail, and as he gained the trust of his friends, they are now all prisoners of confusion since the poop hit the fan. Hatty was always super nice, why would he possibly "stab us in the back and twist the blade?". They deny his callous betrayal on the island and blame it on the hat he has started to wear. They then try thier best to delve further into hell for him, even though he sits catatonic, surrounded by gems weeping. 

The hat for me represents madness (like alice in wonderlands mad hatter), where the storm may correlate to a breakdown of sorts. The hats power makes him trade his soul for wealth and desire - and it lands him on the throne. Its immediately apparent to him what he has done and dwells on it constantly, weeping. the is a split on what people would do in this situation. On one hand, you could try to bring him out of this mess by going through life or death theatre challenges (a metaphor for unraveling Hattys performance of his life to uncover whats made him mad in the first place) to rescue him. Hattys over attatched friendship goes both ways, and its forces his friends as prisoners to his downfall (how would you feel if your best friend become catatonicly depressed as Hatty?). Or on the other hand, you could watch it from a distance like the cats, who would rather keep the mad one at a distance, as entertainment. You either try to go deep and rescue Hattys humanity, or keep him as a performing monkey as long as he makes the effort, just be cool and pretend he is too. 

There is another thing that interests me, and that is the shape of everyone's heads. Hatty losing his soul to the hat means he has lost his personality, and I think the shapes of his friends heads show that everyone is different, and everyone is unique the way they are. Thats the best way at looking at the friends or 'fellow prisoners', because as they make their way through the trails, they show what kind of person they really are, better or worse, they still have their soul and they have the courage to go deep and recognize their individuality. The shapes have Dellinger psycho-geometric psychological connotations too, such as cirlces (sociable and friendly), squares (little sense of humour, hard workers), triangles (power hierarchy, does what it can to get to the top), and rectangles (undergoing a state of change). Cats on the other hand don't go deep and fend for themselves trying to be cool and impress, being hipsters basicly. Their true colours never really show (the later cut-scene where the narrator imitates talking to a cat was particularly funny for me). The theatres founder furbottom is a good example, too busy enjoying the shows to be constipated enough to poop himself to death, and then being lovingly thrown out to sea by his cats and eaten by sharks. 

The cut-scene explaining the hats origins is quite interesting. The voodoo curses I think of hallucinogenics, like the two sided heaven and hell thing, love and fear, the wolf you feed sort of thing. Or finding the hat upon a giant skull ruby implies a rare occurrence when massive desire and contentment collide. But the third explanation is most impacting, saying its as if the hat was haunted by the dreams and failures of its predecessors. Its often talked about the mental illnesses are inherited from your parents, and love you up with it - their failures and dreams and discontent pass on to you whether you like it or not as they are your parental figures, the only way to stop it is to break the chain completely, and abandoning your depressed family to start the chain completely fresh is a very bold thing to do indeed as it comes at a massive self sacrifice for the benefit of your offspring. Or you could just put it down to a family curse or something. At any rate, he who has the hat calls the shots for others to be loved for nothing, so therefore, the mad one has do find balance, and find the traits described in the cut-scene (brave, charitable, polite etc) or everyone will suffer for it (dramatically, the world blowing up, unless everyone is fine with pizza. and who isn't? PLOT TWIST, just accept your lazy!!). Hatty at this point hasn't found balance and let everything slide for his own catatonic downward spiral, and proves it harder and harder for the friends to get through to him. The cats always want more, AND MORE, never content with what they already have, so the pressure gets bigger and bigger for Hatty to do something, anything to find the balance of appeasing both the friends and the cats or everything crumbles. Unfortunately, Hatty has already accepted the worst, no matter how hard his friends try. 

When they finally break him out, it seems they are willing to let everything slide with a good hot chocolate and hugs, but Hatty is still a catatonic vegetable. the ballad following is really sad as cheesy as it was, every lyric I personally related to. But after his farewell eulogy, hes tossed off the ship their friends have (quite rightfully) had enough and would rather party it up - the "buckle your pants" mantra reminding me 'get busy living or get busy dying', you don't want to be caught with your trousers down. One last thing to add, the lightning beam from Hattys hat on the sea floor? Its green, implying the good side of the voodoo curse, but in the end, it smashes through a space bear with starry nipples. I can only put this wildly random ending down to the source of his fears that have kept him performing to cover it up. Bears are scary, starry nipples are sexually oriented, space is infinite. put the three together, and you have maybe abuse, trauma, uncomfortable with sexuality etc. The cats are still cats, the friends are stronger through the greatest story of them all, and Hatty is defeated alone on the bottom of the sea bed (reminiscent of Cuthulus sunken city) revealing what ruined his life. OH IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! Of course if you were Hatty, you wouldn't be playing this with your friends explaining all of this with them, you'd just be making dumb remarks like the narrator does all the time, especially the ending line if they arnt cottoned on to the bigger picture, otherwise, its an easy sarcastic thing to say to a game that should appear to make any sense at all, you'd have to be mad to understand it, obviously. 

and what did the Narrator mean when he said "Oh, so that's what it means. It all makes sense now!"

He meant that Battleblock Theater is a direct prequel to Alien Hominid, as it shows that the giant laser from the hat blasted Hominid's ship out of the sky, not the FBI.

and what did the Narrator mean when he said "Oh, so that's what it means. It all makes sense now!"

He meant that Battleblock Theater is a direct prequel to Alien Hominid, as it shows that the giant laser from the hat blasted Hominid's ship out of the sky, not the FBI.

No i think you'r over thinking it, in my opinion they only put that in the game to confuse the audience and make speculations so that we would come to the forum and talk about it, which is what we did.... IT WAS ALL PART OF BEHEMOTHS GRAND PLAN!! :?

Madspanner's theory is probably true. It's well explained and I think that everything he told is true. I no longer see Hatty in the same way now...

Edited by PrancerPie

I think that the hat sent hatty to the land of castle crashers. cuz he is in castle crashers if u have bolth CC and Battle Block theater.

I think the Narrator is with the cats, because if you stay in the room with all the pictures of hat owners, the music stops and he says something through the music player (Can't remember what he says, sorry)

No i think you'r over thinking it, in my opinion they only put that in the game to confuse the audience and make speculations so that we would come to the forum and talk about it, which is what we did.... IT WAS ALL PART OF BEHEMOTHS GRAND PLAN!! :?

Why do you always talk in red...?

Why do you always talk in red...?

Why must you always ask questions for everything...?  :?

I have come to the conclusion that he may be alive, and let me explain why!

"But wait!" I hear you say. "Isn't it as illogical to explain this as it is to explain the Castle Crashers ending? I mean, that was just a bunch of weasels and penguins and a princess!"

No. This is for Hatty's sake.

Now, first of all, I will explain the in-game water.

Notice that when you land in water, you sink slowly and there's a sickly gurgling noise. You also seem to disappear into nowhere when this happens. Just comic effect though, right?

WRONG!

The water is actually a thick and acidic gelatin substance. Notice how the gurgling noises start BEFORE you go underwater? Doesn't really make sense, unless the water isn't water but a thick substance. Still don't believe me? Well, the player is tall enough to stand in the water and breath. Even a guy who can't swim can safely stand in water. But when you stand in the water, you just die, even though it's barely a block high. Don't believe me? Throw a rock block in. You'll see how high the water is, as the rock does land at the bottom.

"But wait, if it's an acidic gelatin substance, why can the boats and horses safely go through it?!"

Well, notice how the horses don't die. Even when you through grenades at them. My theory is that their hide is very strong, flexible and mobile. I think that the boats are coated with this hide and made of the floaty material in the floating blocks you constantly see. This would allow them to float, move quickly, and not break.

"But, if they had an invincible substance, they'd use it for more stuff!"

Well, they want to put on a good show. If they gave all the enemies coats of invincible armor, the shows would be boring and everyone would die. Notice how two other invincible objects are cannons and sawblades. Those can't break, but they aren't so much of a threat since they're mechanical. So yes, the cats are using the horse's hide for some stuff, but not to make the show super-boring and hard.

"But your character can safely put his hand in the 'gelatin' and it won't get injured, and move it with enough force to attract a nearby boat!"

Well, my theory is that the prisoners all have great strength. Notice how the air-conditioners have enough force to make the prisoners actually FLOAT, but the rocks constantly seen in-game aren't effected. This means the rocks must be a great deal heavier than the prisoners. However, the prisoners are still able to pick up and throw the rocks, indicating great strength. A person this strong could move gelatin with enough force to make a small boat actually move. As for the danger of dipping your hand in a gelatin, the hand barely goes under the surface. I believe it's acidic enough that being fully submerged would cause severe damage, but not dipping something under like your toe or hand.

"Okay, okay, so the water isn't water? So what?"

I'LL EXPLAIN IN A MOMENT.

Back to Hatty. Notice how in one cutscene, it is claimed that a "Voodoo Witch Doctor" blessed the hat 20 minutes before it was cursed. When it was blessed, it glowed GREEN (watch the cutscene again to see this yourself). This indicates that green = good. At the end, the hat shoots a GREEN laser. Not a red one. This laser isn't evil powers, it's GOOD powers.

My theory? While Hatty was immobile, he was fighting an internal battle. All the joy and happiness of his mind VS. the sadness and angst inside the hat. When the hat was removed near the end, Hatty was able to win his battle against the amount of sadness remaining in his body. He was still dazed, but nonetheless very happy. When the hat touched his head again, BANG! The happiness defeated the depressed souls in the hat, and the souls cried out (you can hear it in the cutscene). The badness was then launched out in a huge green laser that eradicated everything bad in its path.

"But wait! An innocent plane was destroyed, AND the boat!"

Well no. The boat only flips a little. Watch the cutscene. And "innocent" plane? Ha, right! It's coming from the same direction the boat was coming from. From a creepy island normal planes probably would never fly over. My theory is that after the prisoners escaped, the remaining cats packed up and attempted to escape on the plane. Of course, it was eradicated by the laser.

As for the bear, a poster earlier indicates the bear is a giant and evil power that could cause the end of the world.

So, it seems this giant evil bear came to pass, and it came to DESTROY THE WORLD. But then the laser killed it. Great!

An alien spaceship was also destroyed, but that alien very easily could've been evil. Tons upon tons of similar aliens attack your character in Castle Crashers, meaning that most aliens of that sort are evil.

"Okay, but... Hatty drowned, didn't he?!"

A person can survive underwater for about 5 minutes. It's after that that permanent damage starts to happen, and not until 10 minutes that the brain dies. Watch the cutscene. Hatty's not even under for 2 minutes. The power of his happiness combined with the hat may have even provided him more air!

What do I think happened after that?

Hatty recovered from being dazed, swam to the surface, saw the boat nearby, climbed on, and everyone celebrated.

"But wait, the narrator SPECIFICALLY says the prisoners can't swim."

Well, the prisoners can't swim in gelatin. You never see them in REAL water. Of course the narrator would tell you they can't swim! That's to prevent you from getting killed in gelatin!

And of course, if Hatty went on frequent boat trips with his friends, surely a gentleman like that would make sure everyone could swim! And he himself! He would almost CERTIANLY be able to swim!

The main problem is he may have gotten the bends (decomprsesion sickness) on the way up. He's one of the least likely candidates for this, however, as you have to have a multitude of diseases and be female for this to be most likely in the first place. However, with treatment, he would most likely be fine. When divers get the bends, they can often survive. If you get to a doctor within a few hours of having symptoms, you're often fine. It only takes most of the time of the first cutscene for the boat to reach the theater, and assuming the boat is only going at about 2 knots per hour in that scene, this means that the distance from land to the theater is VERY SHORT, even with the momentum from the storm. Hatty would be okay, even if he got the bends.

Hatty might not be alive though, as he may not have been able to swim, and he may have died in an accident on the way up. Or he may have gotten the bends, and they may have been too severe. However, I retain hope, and assume this story DOES have a happy ending.

---

It's kind of awkward to fit this all into a single post, but apparently the mods thought my thread was a duplicate, so we shall not question them.

• Upvote 1

Easy solution, the crew was drawn BACK to battleblock theater because they are toys filled with pieces of Furbottom's soul. The evil hat stole Furbottom's soul and put it in the toys. Don't believe me:

No clothes, no parts exposed... Coincidence? NO!

Purple green and blue faces? Human? Normal? NO!

Cats the size of people, or people the size of cats... Something to think about.

The grenades are the size of their head, same with the nerf darts.

Face it, they are voodoo toy dolls filled with pieces of his soul, drawn back to join again with Furbottom. Hatty doesn't kick the bucket, he is a bucket. A plastic soul container with little playful kitty bits of Furbottom dancing through his square noggin... Soul snatcher anyone? Bet that game makes more sense now.

Lawyered!

No. That was just a reference,

No. That was just a reference,

Why do a lot of people on the internet use commas instead of periods?

So, I've been thinking. If Hatty is the greatest friend on the S.S.Friend-ship, then what if he was becoming friends with all of the souls in the hat? What if the huge laser at the end was all of the now friendly souls leaving the hat, which is why it turned green, good as shown when the hat was blessed? Maybe Hattys soul stayed in the hat and left with the laser, or maybe it stayed in his body, which was at the bottom of the ocean, maybe drowned, maybe swimming back up? If the souls became friendly and left the hat, maybe thats why they all fired as a laser, hitting Honey Hug? 

I literally have no idea, I'm coming up with more of this as i write. :oops:

I've caught my theories, but maybe Hatty Hattington isn't dead after all! At the end, when the hat glows its unusual green, Hatty's tears disappear! So its just my guess that he isn't dead after all.

Another thing that I wanted to mention,at the end when you bring hatty to the broken ship you

see a post on the wall that sais tickets. yeah but the only letters that are lit are the C,part of K that looks like an A, the T and the S. put those together and it says CATS. shocked? nobody knows what it means but we may never know

id like to sy that at the end when you carry hatty to the hip you will see a post that says tickets. but the only letters that re lit are the C part of the K enough to make it look like an A the T and the S put it together and it spells CATS. what could this mean? if anyone has an idea then reply to this

id like to sy that at the end when you carry hatty to the hip you will see a post that says tickets. but the only letters that re lit are the C part of the K enough to make it look like an A the T and the S put it together and it spells CATS. what could this mean? if anyone has an idea then reply to this

How did you get 3 approved posts. .-.

Ok I will give it a try what if that hatty we saved isn't the real hatty? More just a bomb? Because in would make much sence for him not to be able to move at the end sence he was at the start of the last level use the air horn. Plus he did the crank at the end of all the other finals. So if he could move then why not now? So what I'm think is that the cats knew we were going for hatty. So they yet they loved there new leader so much that they would not allow that so they staged a roit letting you leave. Yet you still push forwards. So what they did was they took hatty and put in his a place a bomb so after some time away from the island he would explode. I know it all sounds werid but hey anything can happen

Edited by TURRET_100