• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

Pit People's Final Touches   11/21/2017

It has been nearly a year since we launched Pit People on early access. This journey has been an incredible experience! We’ve built a better game thanks to all your feedback. So here’s a spicy little situation: We’ve decided that our next big drop will be the FULL version of the game! Yes, it shall be complete! You’ll be able to play through the story and find out what happens for everyone.  
        As we write this, we’re working on the last of the cinematics for the story campaign! This is the final push towards completing the game, alongside additional story quests and a new world map with bonus missions.
        Since there’s so much involved with these last steps (VO, animation, level creation, music licensing, QA testing, etc), we’re not exactly sure when everything will line up for a full release date, but we’re shooting to release within the first few months of 2018.
        Thank you again to all of the people who’ve been playing Pit People during early access and to everyone who has been sending us feedback. It has truly been invaluable and we can’t wait to share the conclusion of Pit People with you all!
JesseWeinstein

[Spoilers] Ending Revelation Conspiracy

Well turret Hatty uses the air horn and uses the crank for the finales because its part of the game, him moving for those parts of the game don't connect with the storyline.

Also has anyone noticed that at the end when you're running away with Hatty to the S.S Friendship in the backround there is a rectangle head with a baseball cap on? Because I have noticed it and I looked through my rectangle heads many times and haven't found it. So does this mean there could be a new star head coming out in the near future?

Edited by ThatCreepyBear

Well turret Hatty uses the air horn and uses the crank for the finales because its part of the game, him moving for those parts of the game don't connect with the storyline.

Also has anyone noticed that at the end when you're running away with Hatty to the S.S Friendship in the backround there is a rectangle head with a baseball cap on? Because I have noticed it and I looked through my rectangle heads many times and haven't found it. So does this mean there could be a new star head coming out in the near future?

Him moving could still be part of the story

My theory is quite simple.

The cats used hattys lifeless body to motivate the prisoners so they could preform for the cats entertainment.

I feel that they add all the other stuff in the game just to confuse people and make them think much more than needed.

After reading some intelligent and incredible quotes by people like madspanner and imnothattyhattington, ive come to the comclusion what i think it means, although this is my secon and final answer.

First of all i feel that the lesson to be learned from this is "no man left behind" or in other words, no matter what the difficulty, no matter the consequences, you always help eachother out.

Secondly, i think that ive found the true point of the game. And that is..... Nothing! All the different aspects of the game, the fact that you make your own levels, choose 200 characters of different shapes and colors, and play a game of problem solving, tied together with the fact that at the end, the narrator says "it all makes sense now!" Puts it all together. This game was made souly for the reason of expressing your own creativity however you want. Play it how you like , do what you feel in-game, working together or fighting against each other, its your choice, to live life to the fullest and to keep trucking through the s**t that happens in it. So to be honest, unless the creators of the game actually explain it, the only point of the ending is to make you think.

Have you guys noticed when Hatty's green light thing goes through the sky, it causes a ufo to break. If you watch the ending and pay attention, the aliens in the space ship are from Alien Hominid. Also, in Alien Hominid, a green light causes the aliens to crash. Mabye Battleblock Theater is before Alien Hominid. Mabye they will connect furthermore with enough evidence.

My theory is, seeing as Furbottom and all the people that followed by wearing the hat and watching over the theatre, when you see hatty, furbottom the cosmic bear and a cat, those are all relevant, the bear, hatty and furbottom all watched over the theater at some point, it shows them looking over the world meaning hatty is probably still alive, just in some sort of super sentient mind world thingy, like this if you kinda get what i mean. :geek:

So here's my take on the ending.

In the hall of dudes, the witch doctor was the holder of the hat before the bear, and we know that he purified it, made it glow green. Right after the witch doctor is the last picture, the picture of the bear. So the bear must have been the one who made the hat evil. Also, notice that in the photo, the bear isn't wearing the hat.

In the final song, it shows hatty, furrbottom, and the cats standing over the world, about to destroy it when the bears come up. I think that the bear made the hat evil so that he could use the cats and Hatty to destroy the world. However, Hatty was able to neutralize the power in the hat like I'mNotHattyHattington said, and purged the world of the bear, preventing him from destroying the world.

Some other notes- the centaur that appears right after the bear in the final song is probably Jerich the Centaur in the credits- maybe he's important?

Also, the person who had the hat before the witch doctor appears to be the Ice boss from CC, before he became evil. Maybe the hat made him evil, and he became the ice boss, and that was why the witch doctor had to purge it in the first place.

I don't think that's very possible since the ending shows that great big burst of light that kills the bear. another part of my theory is that the hat being green at the end reveals that it is purified or good now. :P

Well, maybe Honey Hug was going to destroy Earth (Honey Hug is nigh) and the hat stopping him would be an act of good will?

Then again, it did (probably) sink a ship full of ex-prisoners, destroy an alien spaceship and murder people on an aircraft...

Personally, I don't think Honey Hug is really a big part in the story and I don't think he has worn the hat before the others and he caused all of this, What I think is that Stamper's idea of all the souls being mashed into the hat is true because Purham Furbottom did not get any of the side effects that Hatty did, But once he died and the hat moved on to another fellow the side effects probably started working, Hatty was probably not moving because his soul was sucked out... pretty obvious. But remember when there was that one cutscene where Stamper said "But there is always an end to everything children!" And then it showed an animation of a meteor coming towards the earth? Well since the ending showed Honey Hug being killed by what I think is a beam of all the hats souls being combined into one big powerful beam using the power of friendship, I think that might be relevant, Maybe a reason Honey Hug actually was there is either that he was just a gag, or he was "The end" as in another piece of writing says "HONEY HUG IS NEIGH" as in "THE END IS NEIGH". Or this story doesn't really have any type of meaning.

BTW, HH cant be in game 4, he was killed by the beam

Has anyone else noticed that honey hug and hatty have the same initials

Edited by bkawesomeness

I think the island is sort of like a "Bermuda Triangle" in the way that every time the prisoners escape and the hat-bearer dies, a new set comes. When the prisoners got there, nobody but the cats had inhabited the theater in awhile. So when Hatty died and the prisoners escaped, did anyone notice how the laser shot down a plane? That was the new set of prisoners who would take the place of the old ones. Every time they escape, new ones are forced to take their place. The theater is a force that controls the cats, the hat, and everything around the island. 

I think that Hatty is still alive because at the end the burst of light is so great it shoots into space. And also the hat was green and is heard in most stories and cultures as a symbol of Health and Purification so maybe just maybe the burst was enough to revive Hatty. Also Honey Hugs may still be alive either he is some sort of god-like being and survives. Or he's evil and the beam of 'good' light kills him

I don't if you guys know this or not, but honey bear was actually one of the 'wearers of the hat'. He was the only one to escape the hat... Or so he thought... Until the end where he was ... well, you know. Poor guy.

A funny ironic twist would be if they crashed at the island again.

It never showed the boat. Reaching land....

Crash! Back on the island.....battleblock theater 2 - return of hatty

Or should it be revenge of hatty.

1. He drowne

A funny ironic twist would be if they crashed at the island again.

It never showed the boat. Reaching land....

Crash! Back on the island.....battleblock theater 2 - return of hatty

Or should it be revenge of hatty.

I dont think so, he's drowned, and possessed by the hat...