• Announcements

• megan

RTX 2017 - Booth 401   06/02/2017

We’re headed back to Austin, Texas for our 5th time exhibiting at Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX)! You’ll be able to find us at RTX 2017 Booth 401 (next to our friends, Supergiant Games) from July 7 to July 9 and we’re going to have lots of new stuff this year.   See our Blog Post for all the details, including the new merch we're bringing with us! 
JesseWeinstein

[Spoilers] Ending Revelation Conspiracy

98 posts in this topic

Just A stupid theory that Honey Hug set you up to crash on the island by screwing around with the earth in space so you crashed. because in the dude room it shows he is at the end maybe he knew what happens to people who wear the hat and he needed a replacement so he doesn't have to wear the hat leaving by coincidence Hatty so in some way it could be revenge killing him in the end

Well, first of all, I think the story was made so it can be interpreted in different ways through your own ideas and experiences (like art in general). But the main motive behind it seems to be the end of a friendship, or a falling out with one of your friends (in this story, Hatty).
To me it seemed (transferred to a real life situation) that Hatty, once a good friend of everyone, had become overcome by greed (maybe his job, as in pursuing a career or something similar). This seems to have caused him to, in time, distance himself from his friends, which from your point of view (as his friend) might look like him becoming a vegetable (too occupied with his work and trying to get more money, becoming insensitive to you and the rest of his friends). So in this scenario the cats could symbolize business people, making everyone dance to get gems (money), the theater could be some kind of a corporate enterprise, the hat could be a symbol of a certain position in the company, etc.
But anyway, even if this isn't exactly the metaphor the Behemoth had in mind, the general attitude of the narrator (as, in a way, one of Hatty's friends) is one from a time after he'd gotten over the whole thing (and they're not friends anymore), which would explain his (kind of not bothered) reaction to the ending (and Hatty's fate): he, as his friend, had done all he could do to help him, but their friendship nevertheless ended (as it does quite often happen in life), and now he's at peace with it (albeit maybe still a bit jaded at Hatty).
So, the idea of the ending (as I see it) is this:
Yeah, sure, sh... poop happens, friendships end, from time to time people distance away from each other... But what the heck now, if Hatty's gone he's gone, we're sorry but that's how it is, and there's still a boat full of friends and a cup full of cocoa and a lot more adventures to be had, so get over it and buckle your pants!

Let's be honest.  Battle Block Theater never really had a cohesive storyline and the one they finally did create, they just slapped together at the last minute after they made the game.  There is no clever clandestine underlying theme, nor any logic to the overall plot. 

The producers of the game just threw in a bunch of half-hearted attempts at mediocre comedy to come up with a random storyline full of irrelevant disparate ideas.  Then they amalgamated those ideas into a single story at the last minute.

You can tell because their earlier previews had a completely different storyline.

Hence, they had to scramble at the last minute to piece together a storyline that fit the overall mood and feel of the game.

So to try and decipher the deeper meaning of a storyline that's just a random collection of gags and irrelevant jokes is like trying to decipher the deeper meaning of a 3-year old's finger painting.   You're not going to find any real meaning.  However, there is the possibility you will find what YOU expect to find if you look close enough - sort of like a Rorschach inkblot.  But nothing more.

Edited by FredFlintstoned

to understand the ending you just have to look at every behemoth's game ending.

That being, it never ends on a sensical resolution.

Build to climax and then canon destroying red herring. There is no sense to be found.

Let's be honest.  Battle Block Theater never really had a cohesive storyline and the one they finally did create, they just slapped together at the last minute after they made the game.  There is no clever clandestine underlying theme, nor any logic to the overall plot. 

The producers of the game just threw in a bunch of half-hearted attempts at mediocre comedy to come up with a random storyline full of irrelevant disparate ideas.  Then they amalgamated those ideas into a single story at the last minute.

You can tell because their earlier previews had a completely different storyline.

Hence, they had to scramble at the last minute to piece together a storyline that fit the overall mood and feel of the game.

So to try and decipher the deeper meaning of a storyline that's just a random collection of gags and irrelevant jokes is like trying to decipher the deeper meaning of a 3-year old's finger painting.   You're not going to find any real meaning.  However, there is the possibility you will find what YOU expect to find if you look close enough - sort of like a Rorschach inkblot.  But nothing more.

Are you bashing The Behemoth for a stupid storyline? I sure hope not.

Behemoth fans 4 lyfe only on this website! :P

Are you bashing The Behemoth for a stupid storyline? I sure hope not.

like he said. rorschach.

He simply said exactly what he said. you're adding meaning into it that only you interpret.

Bear seems to be important in Game 4. Just watch the trailer.

There is Hatty too, look at 0:28. He seems to be pretty much alive, although we wasn't in space, so that's not important, I suppose. Maybe, just MAYBE Game4 will explain a lot. All that remains is to wait.

I'm going to tell you about some things a guy said on gamefaqs.com. If you want to find it, search Battleblock theatre ending explained.

Notice that when you land in water, you sink slowly and there's a sickly gurgling noise? You also seem to disappear into nowhere when it happens.

The water is actually a thick and acidic substance. Notice how the gurgling noises start BEFORE you go underwater? Doesn't really make sense, unless the water isn't water but a thick substance. Even a guy who can't swim can safely stand in water. But when you stand in the water, you just die, even though it's barely a block high. Don't believe me? Throw a rock in. You'll see how high the water is, as the rock does land at the bottom.

Back to Hatty. Notice how in one cutscene, it is claimed that a "Voodoo Witch Doctor" blessed the hat 20 minutes before it was cursed. When it was blessed, it turned GREEN. This indicates that green = good. At the end, the hat shoots a GREEN laser. Not a red one. The laser isn't evil powers, it's good powers.

My theory? While Hatty was immobile, he was fighting an internal battle. All the joy and happiness of his mind VS. the headless and angst in the hat. When the hat was removed near the end, Hatty was able to win his battle against the amount of sadness in his body. He was still happy but nonetheless very happy. When the hat touched his head again, BANG! The happiness defeated the depressed souls in the hat, and the souls cried out. The badness was then launched out in a huge green laser that eradicated everything in its path.

Heres my theory. In the cut scenes it said that it was blessed by a Voodoo Witch Docter then cursed about 20 minutes later by another. This has importance becuase there might have been some good left in there (this is in a nutshell) and all that good took over the hat. When Hatty put it on it did not imediatlly start kicking in. Like when he shot lasers and it was red. Then, you know how Hatty just sits there for the whole game. Hatty is having a battle in his mind. The battle is happening from good to evil. In his mind was all sad and anger. The hat held all of that joy and goodness. So when they took him in the boat how his hat fell of, the good had won the battle. Now the reason he wasent moving is because he was maybe still trying to wake up from his battle. I don't know why though he fell in the water though. So on average it takes a person 5 minutes to drown. Hatty was in the water for probably 2 or 2 1/2 minutes. In the cut scene when everyone was saying "Lo,lo,lo,lo,lo..." (Sorry just had to do that) the hat hit his head. Remember when it turned green. That was the goodness in the hat explaining the green beam. Then the plane that got hit was maybe from the cats trying to leave the island because it was getting attacked. And possibly the death bear was up there because the cats launched him into space before Hatty arived (Im sorry if I'm copying anyones thing. I dident read any of them I just started thinking). Coquinsedentaly, (sorry I cant spell) the death bear or HH was there and died. He then regained consciencness and swam back to the surface, got on the boat, and had a jolly-oh time with some nice hot cocoa (because coco is bad for you). That is my theory.

1. I think all of the people in the Hall of Dudes were killed by the chair. Because Furbottom died after sitting in the chair and Hatty was fine (he was so fine he imprisoned you) until he started sitting around all day. So maybe the chair is cursed or the cats do something to the Dude when he sits in the chair.

2. I think BBT and Game 4 are connected because at the end you see the bear was shot in the eye by Hatty (or the hat) and in the Game 4 20 minutes it looks like the bear has no eye. So I think Hatty caused the world to go crazy.

Ok guys, theres some things out here that must be eliminated because they don't make much sense and confuse the theory. I'mNotHattyHattington was right on with his theory. The whole BBT was not a plot to kill the bear. Also, the chair did not kill people. Chairs  do not kill people. Also, if you've seen Pit People 20 minutes gameplay it also is kind of confusing, the bear might not be dead. Multiple times his hand reaches down. If he's dead he wouldn't be moving his hand. Now. Hatty's Hat, no. He did not always have it! When he was in the ship he had no hat. At the island he had it. Also, why would he die? Behemoth's stories are smart. He's probably going to appear in Pit People. Surprise! Surprise! and the arguments will go on! How convenient. I mean Hatty's obviously the main character. 

[spoiler=RedHotSword Read]

I'm going to tell you about some things a guy said on gamefaqs.com. If you want to find it, search Battleblock theatre ending explained.

Notice that when you land in water, you sink slowly and there's a sickly gurgling noise? You also seem to disappear into nowhere when it happens.

The water is actually a thick and acidic substance. Notice how the gurgling noises start BEFORE you go underwater? Doesn't really make sense, unless the water isn't water but a thick substance. Even a guy who can't swim can safely stand in water. But when you stand in the water, you just die, even though it's barely a block high. Don't believe me? Throw a rock in. You'll see how high the water is, as the rock does land at the bottom.

Back to Hatty. Notice how in one cutscene, it is claimed that a "Voodoo Witch Doctor" blessed the hat 20 minutes before it was cursed. When it was blessed, it turned GREEN. This indicates that green = good. At the end, the hat shoots a GREEN laser. Not a red one. The laser isn't evil powers, it's good powers.

My theory? While Hatty was immobile, he was fighting an internal battle. All the joy and happiness of his mind VS. the headless and angst in the hat. When the hat was removed near the end, Hatty was able to win his battle against the amount of sadness in his body. He was still happy but nonetheless very happy. When the hat touched his head again, BANG! The happiness defeated the depressed souls in the hat, and the souls cried out. The badness was then launched out in a huge green laser that eradicated everything in its path.

Thats the same guy as I'mNotHattyHatttington BTW

That hat was blessed, right? Everyone knows that from the cutscene. First of all, just a thing to think about, the narrator says "But I'm not the smart guy, I mean Voodoo Curses, Nightmare Princesses?" so don't lean on that too much, which is what I will do right now. So if that is true, then why would Hatty die? It's blessed by magical powers. I mean.. If someone says bless you does that mean drown yourself, no! It does not. Plus.. the laser would indicate where Hatty is.. Hint Hint.. giving to where to find him in the ocean. I mean.. no ones sure how Hatty flew off the boat, if he was thrown.. I doubt he was.. I mean the guy liked Hatty.  So I mean here you have that Hatty is in the ocean drowning… laser pops up.. space bear killed… re-arrange it and you get.. I don't even know. Anyway. Now, Hatty could easily swim back up, as said before. And everyone would be ok, till' 20 minutes later spacebar crashes. 

Take this into consideration.

The narrator seams to know meaning of the ending, said it himself:"It all makes sense now". I mean, why would Stamper lie to us right?

But seriously, I never gave it any thought, neither hat nor cosmic bear stuff, but then Pit People trailer came out and they really used the bear-thingy as an outset for the game. Might've thought of something new though, but still kudos for trying to create their own universe. For what it's worth...

The narrator seams to know meaning of the ending, said it himself:"It all makes sense now". I mean, why would Stamper lie to us right?

But seriously, I never gave it any thought, neither hat nor cosmic bear stuff, but then Pit People trailer came out and they really used the bear-thingy as an outset for the game. Might've thought of something new though, but still kudos for trying to create their own universe. For what it's worth...

It could be Stamper referencing Pit People, if Pit People came out first we would probably pbe saying the same thing... But thats just a theory, a game theory.

I would have to agree with IMPOSSABLANK, I would imagine he is referring to Pit People. Even when they were doing a speed run for charity, and Stamper was in the background, it seems he knew more than he was letting on. 

I am interested to see where this all goes! They know, and we're taking shots in the dark. But they are fun shots in the dark! 

HOLD-ON-A-WAIT-A-MINUTE

I think my theory may be the most nonsensical but hear me out:

What if Hatty's laser is him being launched into outer space to another world and that world is where Castle Crashers is based?

And this kinda makes sense because of the fact that Hatty is playable in that game, so what if Battleblock Theater is a prequel depicting Hatty's backstory from Castle Crashers!?

Again, this one's probably the most nonsensical but that's what i think. 

Ok so now everyone whats to know what the heck the "talking guy" means when after the pants song. He said "I get it now" and was eating at the same time. This is the very big clue we are missing.

Well turret Hatty uses the air horn and uses the crank for the finales because its part of the game, him moving for those parts of the game don't connect with the storyline.

Also has anyone noticed that at the end when you're running away with Hatty to the S.S Friendship in the backround there is a rectangle head with a baseball cap on? Because I have noticed it and I looked through my rectangle heads many times and haven't found it. So does this mean there could be a new star head coming out in the near future?

The guy with the baseball cap is fatkid, I have him.