• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

Pit People's Final Touches   11/21/2017

It has been nearly a year since we launched Pit People on early access. This journey has been an incredible experience! We’ve built a better game thanks to all your feedback. So here’s a spicy little situation: We’ve decided that our next big drop will be the FULL version of the game! Yes, it shall be complete! You’ll be able to play through the story and find out what happens for everyone.  
        As we write this, we’re working on the last of the cinematics for the story campaign! This is the final push towards completing the game, alongside additional story quests and a new world map with bonus missions.
        Since there’s so much involved with these last steps (VO, animation, level creation, music licensing, QA testing, etc), we’re not exactly sure when everything will line up for a full release date, but we’re shooting to release within the first few months of 2018.
        Thank you again to all of the people who’ve been playing Pit People during early access and to everyone who has been sending us feedback. It has truly been invaluable and we can’t wait to share the conclusion of Pit People with you all!
Sign in to follow this  
Derpface123

Any Way To Combine Playlists? (Battleblock)

I get creative in short bursts, and then when I'm done, I upload it to see how people rate my playlist and how it works with 4 people at once. 

The problem is, that means all of my playlists are only 3 levels. I have made 5 3-level playlists, and I would like to combine them all into one 15-level playlist. Is there any way to do this? 

I get creative in short bursts, and then when I'm done, I upload it to see how people rate my playlist and how it works with 4 people at once. 

The problem is, that means all of my playlists are only 3 levels. I have made 5 3-level playlists, and I would like to combine them all into one 15-level playlist. Is there any way to do this? 

Did you save a backup of your levels prior to uploading them (as in: are they still accessible under My Playlists)? If so, you can go into each level individually in the Editor, then save the level to a new 15-level playlist using Pause > Save Level. 

If you did not create a backup, there is no way to combine or edit old levels once they are uploaded. We recommend all our level creators create back-ups of their levels prior to upload, so you can tweak them later!

Did you save a backup of your levels prior to uploading them (as in: are they still accessible under My Playlists)? If so, you can go into each level individually in the Editor, then save the level to a new 15-level playlist using Pause > Save Level. 

If you did not create a backup, there is no way to combine or edit old levels once they are uploaded. We recommend all our level creators create back-ups of their levels prior to upload, so you can tweak them later!

I love The Behemoth, but I have to admit, this was very poorly communicated. I did not know that my levels would be completely deleted from my hard drive after I uploaded them. I thought the warning message meant that you couldn't edit the uploaded playlist in the Community Theater section; I thought it would remain on my hard drive.

Is there any particular reason why you have to delete the levels after uploading them? I would have made backups if that was explained anywhere clearly visible in-game... =(

LittleBigPlanet and even Trials Evolution both allow you to edit levels after they're uploaded, and they certainly don't delete them from your hard drive. I see no reason why they should be deleted from the Xbox itself other than to save the tiny amount of space they take up.

Really disappointed. I hate it when I play online with other people, and after they play the 3 levels in my playlist, they run to the right and then on the ceiling looking for the rest of the levels, only to find that nothing is there...

I'm guessing you guys can't go on the servers and combine playlists or anything like that, either.

I don't even know how to make a back-up. That option should be presented when you are about to upload a playlist, like a notification saying "Would you like to make a back-up of this playlist so that it can be edited later? If you don't, the playlist will be removed from your hard-drive." Then you can pick yes or no, and if you pick yes then it saves a new playlist on your hard drive with the same name and all the levels there.

I heard that the Level Editor was added pretty late in development, and it definitely shows. I'm glad it's there, but this oversight is extremely frustrating. No other game with a deep level creator like BattleBlock's has made this mistake; it seems so obvious that players would want to edit the levels after going online and seeing what players do in the spaces. I know there's a 'Test Level' option, but the AI does not respond well to many things. For instance, I set up a pit with a cloud ceiling where players would spawn, and the way to get out and into the main area of the level was to use one of those circular orange plates that catapult you upwards and in a designated direction. That was the only way to get out of this pit. To a player, it's obvious, but the AI just stood there blankly doing absolutely nothing because it calculated that the jump height of a player was too low for it to get out of the pit. It was standing right next to one of those orange plates, but it acted as if it wasn't there. Hmph..

I very much appreciate that you guys went to the trouble of adding a Level Editor, as it adds so much replayability, but even for something allegedly added late in development, I expected something as simple as not deleting your levels to be pretty obvious.

Sorry for the rant; I still love the Behemoth and you'll always be one of my favorite game companies. I have a shelf with all 4 Castle Crashers Knight figurines on it as well as the old limited-edition Barbarian, and I plan on picking up whatever cool stuff you decide to make for BBT. This issue dampens my fun, but I'll continue making levels (and back-ups) in the future. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time, and something catastrophic would have to happen for that fun to end.

Edited by Derpface123

I love The Behemoth, but I have to admit, this was very poorly communicated. I did not know that my levels would be completely deleted from my hard drive after I uploaded them. I thought the warning message meant that you couldn't edit the uploaded playlist in the Community Theater section; I thought it would remain on my hard drive.

Is there any particular reason why you have to delete the levels after uploading them? I would have made backups if that was explained anywhere clearly visible in-game... =(

LittleBigPlanet and even Trials Evolution both allow you to edit levels after they're uploaded, and they certainly don't delete them from your hard drive. I see no reason why they should be deleted from the Xbox itself other than to save the tiny amount of space they take up.

Really disappointed. I hate it when I play online with other people, and after they play the 3 levels in my playlist, they run to the right and then on the ceiling looking for the rest of the levels, only to find that nothing is there...

I'm guessing you guys can't go on the servers and combine playlists or anything like that, either.

I don't even know how to make a back-up. That option should be presented when you are about to upload a playlist, like a notification saying "Would you like to make a back-up of this playlist so that it can be edited later? If you don't, the playlist will be removed from your hard-drive." Then you can pick yes or no, and if you pick yes then it saves a new playlist on your hard drive with the same name and all the levels there.

I heard that the Level Editor was added pretty late in development, and it definitely shows. I'm glad it's there, but this oversight is extremely frustrating. No other game with a deep level creator like BattleBlock's has made this mistake; it seems so obvious that players would want to edit the levels after going online and seeing what players do in the spaces. I know there's a 'Test Level' option, but the AI does not respond well to many things. For instance, I set up a pit with a cloud ceiling where players would spawn, and the way to get out and into the main area of the level was to use one of those circular orange plates that catapult you upwards and in a designated direction. That was the only way to get out of this pit. To a player, it's obvious, but the AI just stood there blankly doing absolutely nothing because it calculated that the jump height of a player was too low for it to get out of the pit. It was standing right next to one of those orange plates, but it acted as if it wasn't there. Hmph..

I very much appreciate that you guys went to the trouble of adding a Level Editor, as it adds so much replayability, but even for something allegedly added late in development, I expected something as simple as not deleting your levels to be pretty obvious.

Sorry for the rant; I still love the Behemoth and you'll always be one of my favorite game companies. I have a shelf with all 4 Castle Crashers Knight figurines on it as well as the old limited-edition Barbarian, and I plan on picking up whatever cool stuff you decide to make for BBT. This issue dampens my fun, but I'll continue making levels (and back-ups) in the future. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time, and something catastrophic would have to happen for that fun to end.

Hi Derpface! First of all, I'd like to thank you for the feedback. We do take the opinions of our players seriously at The Behemoth, and I want to assure you that the upload flow is something we've had and continue to have long and hard discussions about (sometimes over cupcakes, and sometimes not). 

The functionality you describe is by design, and there are technical reasons for it that I'm not going to go into here -- unfortunately, this is not an easy area for us to make a change in. Sorry to say that I can't offer any more information about future plans regarding the level editor at this time. 

Regarding our messaging, thank you for the feedback about the wording of the upload messaging and the Help slide, we're looking into it. :)

And no, unfortunately we are not able to combine or make edits to any playlists on our end due to technical limitations. 

For the future, you can make back-ups of your levels by re-saving each level individually to a new playlist. To do this, go into the Pause Menu > Save Level > Select a Device > Create a New Playlist OR Select Your Playlist with the Directional Buttons > Select an open level slot. 

Again, thank you for your feedback. I hope that with this new information about backing up, your level editing fun hasn't been dampened beyond repair.