• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

Pit People's Final Touches   11/21/2017

It has been nearly a year since we launched Pit People on early access. This journey has been an incredible experience! We’ve built a better game thanks to all your feedback. So here’s a spicy little situation: We’ve decided that our next big drop will be the FULL version of the game! Yes, it shall be complete! You’ll be able to play through the story and find out what happens for everyone.  
        As we write this, we’re working on the last of the cinematics for the story campaign! This is the final push towards completing the game, alongside additional story quests and a new world map with bonus missions.
        Since there’s so much involved with these last steps (VO, animation, level creation, music licensing, QA testing, etc), we’re not exactly sure when everything will line up for a full release date, but we’re shooting to release within the first few months of 2018.
        Thank you again to all of the people who’ve been playing Pit People during early access and to everyone who has been sending us feedback. It has truly been invaluable and we can’t wait to share the conclusion of Pit People with you all!
Lindsay

Any Issues With Furbottom's Features Playlists? Post Them Here!

The main menu banner confuses me and my XBL friend. We never quite know when the FF playlist is newly updated since the banner on the menu looks the same to us every week. If it had a weekly number system it would help a lot so we don't have to keep entering FF over and over or constantly refreshing The Behemoth FB page and blog. And i noticed its been one head instead of two, one for solo and one for coop. I really liked the two unlocks because my friend and I would party chat while we did solo and would get together for coop. This was an ultimate experience and good time. Now were doing one head unlocks and i have no reason to do coop once i have beat solo without him. Please bring the two star head unlocks back it gave us a reason to play coop and continue playing other playlists. That is all my concerns, ty. And sorry in advance for not posting a bug if thats what this was for.

Edited by Swik
  • Upvote 1

The main menu banner confuses me and my XBL friend. We never quite know when the FF playlist is newly updated since the banner on the menu looks the same to us every week. If it had a weekly number system it would help a lot so we don't have to keep entering FF over and over or constantly refreshing The Behemoth FB page and blog. And i noticed its been one head instead of two, one for solo and one for coop. I really liked the two unlocks because my friend and I would party chat while we did solo and would get together for coop. This was an ultimate experience and good time. Now were doing one head unlocks and i have no reason to do coop once i have beat solo without him. Please bring the two star head unlocks back it gave us a reason to play coop and continue playing other playlists. That is all my concerns, ty. And sorry in advance for not posting a bug if thats what this was for.

Hi Swik -- thanks for your feedback! 

We update the Features every week on Fridays. We alternate between updating the Arena and the Story sections. 

So, for example, this week we will update our Arena Feature on 5/24. Next week, we will update the Solo/Coop Story playlists (6/1). The following week, it's back to Arena... and so on! Until... uhhh, whenever we decide to stop!

I totally get why you are making that suggestion, though, I hear ya. :-D

The reason for playing both playlists is FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD

We update the Features every week on Fridays. We alternate between updating the Arena and the Story sections. 

So, for example, this week we will update our Arena Feature on 5/24. Next week, we will update the Solo/Coop Story playlists (6/1). The following week, it's back to Arena... and so on! Until... uhhh, whenever we decide to stop!

Will a Star head ever unlock for arena? We want that super bad!! Or every friday secret head unlocks if posible. Also do you know how FF playlist get chosen in detail? It seems like The Behemoth favorites usually go into FF. Or do all playlists have a chance to be in the spot light? Ty 

Will a Star head ever unlock for arena? We want that super bad!! Or every friday secret head unlocks if posible. Also do you know how FF playlist get chosen in detail? It seems like The Behemoth favorites usually go into FF. Or do all playlists have a chance to be in the spot light? Ty 

Watch our DevBlog and this forum section for any information about Star Prisoners. :)

In our last Twitch.TV stream (Design with the Devs!), our level designers discussed how they select Furbottom's Features. There is an archive of our two-hour live stream here:

http://www.twitch.tv/thebehemoth

Generally, they are looking for creativity and fun factor. Have you done something unique they didn't even think of doing? Is your playlist completeable, balanced, and fun to play, with few areas where your levels can break? 

I cannot acces furbottoms features as my account was setup so I cannot share stuff on the xbox and cannot view shared stuff like furbottoms features. Now that I am older my parents allow me to share stuff online but I do not know how to change the restrictions

I cannot acces furbottoms features as my account was setup so I cannot share stuff on the xbox and cannot view shared stuff like furbottoms features. Now that I am older my parents allow me to share stuff online but I do not know how to change the restrictions

By default, Member Content (which is a fancy Microsoft term for user-created playlists like Furbottom's Features) is disabled if you're underage. In the United States, this is anyone who's 17 or below!

** QUICK DISCLAIMER BREAK: If you ARE underage, please ensure you have your parent or legal guardian's permission before attempting to make changes to your privacy settings. **

To check your privacy settings, start at the Dashboard. Highlight the Settings tab, then select the green Privacy box with a picture of a lock. Make sure that the words "Member Content" appear under the "Allowed" header. 

The Xbox support page has a bit  more info on parental restrictions:

thanks. the link worked and i can acces "member content" now. i also got the cat control but i did not know of the website earlier and did not get the previous star heads.  someone online offered me all the promo star heads after i told him/her about the incident, but after the trade i got the heads only when playing with him. after i left him, the heads disappeared but the traded items were not with me. please handle these hackers (at least that is what i think happened, but it could always be a faulty xbox). p.s. your replies are quite quick and the coments always work. keep up the good work.

thanks. the link worked and i can acces "member content" now. i also got the cat control but i did not know of the website earlier and did not get the previous star heads.  someone online offered me all the promo star heads after i told him/her about the incident, but after the trade i got the heads only when playing with him. after i left him, the heads disappeared but the traded items were not with me. please handle these hackers (at least that is what i think happened, but it could always be a faulty xbox). p.s. your replies are quite quick and the coments always work. keep up the good work.

Hm, that's bizarre. 

How long did you play with this possible-hacker-dude? A few levels, a few hours? Did you quit back to the Main Menu after playing with him, or quit out of the game/swap to another game? 

I'm trying to figure out if the game didn't have a chance to save before you quit out. If it didn't save, you would have lost all the heads.

Edit -- oh, and thanks! We just want you to have funz.

Solo feature works fine right now but Coop feature says BattleBlock Theater server is unavailable? Do I need to restart my network to connect to the server properly maybe?

Solo feature works fine right now but Coop feature says BattleBlock Theater server is unavailable? Do I need to restart my network to connect to the server properly maybe?

Thanks for letting us know! Should be working now.

As Geo claimed, there have been possible hacker in our beloved BBT. I saw this guy the other day who - when I was trading with him - had numerous unreleased star heads. There was one which was a fan, and another one was a king (yes I know there have been sightings of a king head before), ect... and also as said, when I left the game the head I got - the Donuts head (I wasn't completely willing to have an unreleased head in my possession) - was gone. The 21 yarn he wanted for it was gone too. I have plenty of that so I don't mind, but this all still confuses me.

Edited by Memor

As Geo claimed, there have been possible hacker in our beloved BBT. I saw this guy the other day who - when I was trading with him - had numerous unreleased star heads. There was one which was a fan, and another one was a king (yes I know there have been sightings of a king head before), ect... and also as said, when I left the game the head I got - the Donuts head (I wasn't completely willing to have an unreleased head in my possession) - was gone. The 21 yarn he wanted for it was gone too. I have plenty of that so I don't mind, but this all still confuses me.

A few questions for you, one, what was his name? Surely you must've payed attention to that at this point. Two, you say et cetera only after listing 2 heads that have been previously reported. Can you actually name any other heads?

A few questions for you, one, what was his name? Surely you must've payed attention to that at this point. Two, you say et cetera only after listing 2 heads that have been previously reported. Can you actually name any other heads?

Please PM any potential hacker names directly to me -- I'll ensure they get to the appropriate security team. :-D

Thanks for all your help, folks! Just a reminder -- this thread is intended specifically for Furbottom's Feature issues (such as the playlist going down). Any other issues can be reported in the Technical Issues forum, or PM'd directly to me (if it is sensitive information such as the name of a potential hacker -- let's avoid XBLA witch hunts, please!). 

Thank you all!

Minor glitch on the Lava Lamp prisoner unlock playlist released on Friday, 5/31.

In the encore level #1, "To Infinity,' the enemy cat is holding a strawberry, not a gem.

...On a side note, initially I chose not to fight him for it and whisk through the level to get an A++, searching for that last hidden gem for ~30 minutes, lol. Turns out the last gem was actually the strawberry he was holding right in front of my eyes.

There were other heads indeed, there was something similar to Winston, but a cat; is that easy to make sense out of? There was also a gem head, basically a gem of which you collect in the game - but as a head. Something like a flame - the only other animation one there was (he had it on).

i had posted about this before and it happened again i beat furbottom's co-op with my friend, i already beat solo, but they can't so when i beat it he didn't get the head, and i remembered you had said they just need to beat 1 solo level then and he did and still nothing what can he do?

i had posted about this before and it happened again i beat furbottom's co-op with my friend, i already beat solo, but they can't so when i beat it he didn't get the head, and i remembered you had said they just need to beat 1 solo level then and he did and still nothing what can he do?

Hi Poppy -- the workaround of only beating 1 level ONLY works if your friend had ALREADY completed that playlist (not including the Encores -- he needs to unlock and beat the Finale). Once the playlist is completed, re-playing 1 level in that already finished playlist should award the Lava Lamp prisoner.

It sounds like your friend did not actually complete the Solo playlist yet? 

If you and your friend have finished the Co-op together (not including the three Encores), he can beat 1 level in Co-op and the Prisoner will unlock. Please just make sure that your friend is the host. 

I should note that maybe you only get the head on Co-op if you're the host? I finished it on co-op and only my friend (the host) got the Lava Lamp. Then I hosted and beat the finale again and got it. I know this was probably the issue because I had indeed completed every other act. I can't be too sure if this is intended or just a glitch because I've only gotten that head via co-op feature and no other head.

Edited by Memor

I should note that maybe you only get the head on Co-op if you're the host? I finished it on co-op and only my friend (the host) got the Lava Lamp. Then I

Hi Memor -- yes, this issue is known at The Behemoth! We are working out some options here currently, although unfortunately I don't have a timeline or any information beyond the workaround you mentioned at this time. 

Apologies for the frustration -- we know this isn't ideal, and is a bummer to experience. :(

A percentage of players who accept an invite to the Feature from the Dashboard or a few other areas in-game are running into this issue.  To be absolutely super safe, I recommend that the client accept any new invites to Features after selecting the Furbottom's Feature menu from the Blueprint. 

Well i dont know if this is much of an issue. but when i went on battleblock today it said i had to revert *i think thats what it was* the game, so i did and when i went to play furbottom features, the hats that i previously got were missing. all i have are the donut the chicken and furbottom.

would there possibly be the old characters to unlock again sometime in the future?

Well i dont know if this is much of an issue. but when i went on battleblock today it said i had to revert *i think thats what it was* the game, so i did and when i went to play furbottom features, the hats that i previously got were missing. all i have are the donut the chicken and furbottom.

would there possibly be the old characters to unlock again sometime in the future?

Oh no! That's never good. Did this message look like a BattleBlock message (pretty graphics!) or an Xbox system message (simpler menu!)? 

I think I've seen that message. It was a BBT message saying the game needed to revert to a previous game save (or was it game state?) after starting the game but before the main menu. I didnt pay much attention but I selected yes when I saw it the other day. It was after I played on my gamertag at a friends house and then came home and started the game again. As far as I can tell I didnt lose anything when that happined to me.

Edited by KMKHunter