• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
SkaOtter

Multiplayer Crashes In Castle Crashers

I bought Castle Crashers on the steam and every time I try to host a multiplayer game it crashes at the character selection screen or soon after. I try and join my friends game at it runs for a couple minutes but I eventually crash to the desktop. IN both instances it comes up with the same error, saying something about a min dump being saved and sent to Behemoth. The thing is, it works fine when I play locally, it only crashes when I try to play multiplayer. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas ?

I've already tried re-installing, and checking the game cache.

I bought Castle Crashers on the steam and every time I try to host a multiplayer game it crashes at the character selection screen or soon after. I try and join my friends game at it runs for a couple minutes but I eventually crash to the desktop. IN both instances it comes up with the same error, saying something about a min dump being saved and sent to Behemoth. The thing is, it works fine when I play locally, it only crashes when I try to play multiplayer. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas ?

I've already tried re-installing, and checking the game cache.

Hey SkaOtter (lol, nice name). 

I have one idea for you right now. If this doesn't help, could you please create a ticket in our Support ticketing system so we can go back and forth with you a bit more easily? 

Support Ticket ACTIVATE!!!!

http://www.thebehemoth.com/support/ticket/open.php

Tell 'em Lindsay sent you. You can even just copy-paste a link to this forum thread for your background info. 

Anyway! On to the possible solution:

First off, we HIGHLY recommend you completely disable any background applications you have running. This creates a "clean canvas" for troubleshooting. Steam has a Support article on how to do this here:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8043-EUJN-5239

Nextly!!

We find that a lot of crashes that folks report to us are caused by corrupted third-party controller drivers (such as a Xbox 360 controller emulator) on your computer.  I highly recommend you stay away from third-party controller drivers, as they can cause issues with your Castle Crashers game and PC!

To troubleshoot this issue, search your PC for any third-party controller drivers, and delete them. Then, enter the game and see if the crash still occurs.  

If your game is right as rain and you feel up to it, you can then re-install the latest NON-BETA (as these will be the most stable) version of the deleted drivers onto your PC.  

** Disclaimer Time: We do not officially support or recommend any third-party controller drivers, as they can cause adverse effects on your Castle Crashers game or PC. **

I have a similar problem however I have not received a ticket from support after filling out the open ticket.  Is the support email system working?  I noticed it is also the only link that does not count your members as being signed in.  I am not using a 3rd person controller.  Thanks.

I have a similar problem however I have not received a ticket from support after filling out the open ticket.  Is the support email system working?  I noticed it is also the only link that does not count your members as being signed in.  I am not using a 3rd person controller.  Thanks.

Hi there!! We had a problem with the support system email over the weekend, but it should be fixed now (the email system just sent everything in one massive explosion this morning). Please let us know if you still have not gotten help or a reply in our system!