• Announcements

• megan

RTX 2017 - Booth 401   06/02/2017

We’re headed back to Austin, Texas for our 5th time exhibiting at Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX)! You’ll be able to find us at RTX 2017 Booth 401 (next to our friends, Supergiant Games) from July 7 to July 9 and we’re going to have lots of new stuff this year.   See our Blog Post for all the details, including the new merch we're bringing with us! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SushiGummy

New Rule Regarding Blacklists/scammers

43 posts in this topic

Hey everybody, the Mods and I have been discussing the recent influx of threads about players who scam others over trading. With help from some of the folks up at The Behemoth, we've decided on our course of action for these kinds of posts.

Due to the potential issues that are tied to it, blacklists with the intention to alienate other players will no longer be allowed. This applies to all forums, not just BattleBlock Theater. Any list of gamertags or usernames meant to shame the people in it will be removed. This is in part because of the problematic behavior that may result from name and shame, which some of you may have already seen taking place. It's also because we don't want to risk blacklisting an innocent player over word of mouth. We would rather assume that everybody is innocent instead of starting a witch hunt for anybody who is called out.

We obviously don't encourage scamming, and any thread that helps players to avoid being scammed will continue to be encouraged, as long as it doesn't hand out names to avoid.

In addition, we will also remove any stories users post about scamming other players as well as any posts encouraging/teaching other players to scam. It's okay to discuss how scams are played out as long as it is purely to warn other players to avoid it. Any sort of bragging about scamming other players is heavily discouraged.

So, just to recap:

NOT ALLOWED:

• Posting any gamertags or usernames of players to shame or avoid, especially in a list.
  • Posting stories about scamming other players.
  • Teaching other players to scam, or encouraging them to.

ALLOWED:

• Teaching other players how to avoid being scammed.
  • Sharing stories about being scammed (without naming names).
  • Posting lists of gamertags and usernames, as long as they're done with permission from the users.

Keep in mind that we won't be deleting just any username lists. We realize there are threads listing peoples' usernames for the sake of finding players online or listing their birthdays, and these will continue to be openly accepted. We mostly just want to avoid any future naming and shaming on the forums. If you see anybody doing so, just report them and we'll handle the rest.

This is good. I've met a few people that thought I was on the blacklist... But made a mistake because they saw my name from a post I had made.

As  someone  who  has  entirely  forgotten  about  Battleblock  Theater  and  its  respective  subforum,  I  suppose  this  is  good  news.

This is the right thing to do.

I don't know who's worse, those that scam, or those that make threads posting their tags as if we'll ever remember them.  But keeping the later out of here sounds good!

This is the right thing to do.

I don't know who's worse, those that scam, or those that make threads posting their tags as if we'll ever remember them.  But keeping the later out of here sounds good!

Guilty as charged.

On lighter news, instead of someone to avoid, here's to a good hearted player who cares about the community, no matter who has done him wrong. His gamer tag is EX Party Boy 96 and he is giving every single star head for 100 gems or as much yarn as a person has. Then, he uses that gems and yarn to give to the new players, just so that they get a good kick start on the game. This man is giving back to the community, and he deserves recognition. Thank you for reading.

This is good because it will stop alienation

Entfremdung  (estrangement)  is  a  theory  of  alienation  to  explain  the  separation  of  belonging  along  with  the  nature  of  Karl  Marx;  placement  of  antagonism  between  what  is  appropriate  in  harmony  with.  In  theory,  as  a  result  of  living  in  the  hierarchy  of  society  in  social  class,  from  the  point  of  view  of  human  nature  they  ("the  essence  of  the  species"  Gattungswesen,),  Entfremdung  description  social  exclusion  of  people  about  (alienation)  philosophy  manuscript  of  1844  (1927)  to,  and  had  expressed  the  theory  entfremdung  the  economy  of  Marx  before.  Philosophically,  by  Ludwig  Feuerbach  who  claims  to  have  alienated  the  natural  characteristics  of  the  human,  supernatural  idea  of  ​​"God"  Entfremdung  theory  is,  is  dependent  nature  of  Christian  (1841).  In  addition,  ego,  its  own  (1845),  idea,  the  Feuerbach  analysis  by  claiming  to  be  the  alienation  concept  for  women  to  consider  intellectual  and  human  individual  even  "human"  is  Max  Schmeling  Till  Whitener  You  can  expand,  in  response  to  philosophical  proposition  of  these  ideology  of  Germany  Marx  and  Engels,  was  (1845).

Alienation  (Entfremdung),  to  be  a  part  of  the  mechanism  of  social  class  is  a  systemic  result  of  living  in  the  hierarchy  of  society  socially  because  it  is  in  the  vicinity  of  people  from  humanity  of  her  with  him.  In  order  to  determine,  the  basis  of  the  theory  of  capitalist  mode  of  production  within  alienation,  always,  workers  and  the  life  of  his  or  her  when  it  was  deprived  of  the  right  as  a  director  of  his  actions  of  his  own  to  think  (imagine)  In  order  to  define  the  relationship  between  other  people  character  is  that  lose  the  ability  to  determine  the  fate  said  action,  to  own  things,  the  value  of  goods  and  services  produced  in  his  labor,  uses.  In  order  to  self-realization  of  human,  as  economic  entities  autonomous,  to  be  extracted  from  the  workers  she  is  directed  to  a  target  or  his  workers,  is  diverted  to  activities  that  are  determined  by  the  bourgeois,  who  owns  the  means  of  production  are  but  the  maximum  amount  of  surplus  value  in  the  course  of  business  competition  between  the  businessman.

This is good because it will stop alienation

Entfremdung  (estrangement)  is  a  theory  of  alienation  to  explain  the  separation  of  belonging  along  with  the  nature  of  Karl  Marx;  placement  of  antagonism  between  what  is  appropriate  in  harmony  with.  In  theory,  as  a  result  of  living  in  the  hierarchy  of  society  in  social  class,  from  the  point  of  view  of  human  nature  they  ("the  essence  of  the  species"  Gattungswesen,),  Entfremdung  description  social  exclusion  of  people  about  (alienation)  philosophy  manuscript  of  1844  (1927)  to,  and  had  expressed  the  theory  entfremdung  the  economy  of  Marx  before.  Philosophically,  by  Ludwig  Feuerbach  who  claims  to  have  alienated  the  natural  characteristics  of  the  human,  supernatural  idea  of  ​​"God"  Entfremdung  theory  is,  is  dependent  nature  of  Christian  (1841).  In  addition,  ego,  its  own  (1845),  idea,  the  Feuerbach  analysis  by  claiming  to  be  the  alienation  concept  for  women  to  consider  intellectual  and  human  individual  even  "human"  is  Max  Schmeling  Till  Whitener  You  can  expand,  in  response  to  philosophical  proposition  of  these  ideology  of  Germany  Marx  and  Engels,  was  (1845).

Alienation  (Entfremdung),  to  be  a  part  of  the  mechanism  of  social  class  is  a  systemic  result  of  living  in  the  hierarchy  of  society  socially  because  it  is  in  the  vicinity  of  people  from  humanity  of  her  with  him.  In  order  to  determine,  the  basis  of  the  theory  of  capitalist  mode  of  production  within  alienation,  always,  workers  and  the  life  of  his  or  her  when  it  was  deprived  of  the  right  as  a  director  of  his  actions  of  his  own  to  think  (imagine)  In  order  to  define  the  relationship  between  other  people  character  is  that  lose  the  ability  to  determine  the  fate  said  action,  to  own  things,  the  value  of  goods  and  services  produced  in  his  labor,  uses.  In  order  to  self-realization  of  human,  as  economic  entities  autonomous,  to  be  extracted  from  the  workers  she  is  directed  to  a  target  or  his  workers,  is  diverted  to  activities  that  are  determined  by  the  bourgeois,  who  owns  the  means  of  production  are  but  the  maximum  amount  of  surplus  value  in  the  course  of  business  competition  between  the  businessman.

too long, didnt read

too long, didnt read

The  illiterate,  not  having  the  ability  to  derive  meaning  from  the  symbol  used  in  the  writing  system.

Edited by Bloob

too long, didnt read

The  illiterate,  not  having  the  ability  to  derive  meaning  from  the  symbol  used  in  the  writing  system.

LOL dude, if being illiterate implies that my eyes get tired of reading this weird font you chose, then I'd rather be illiterate.

One guy tried to pull a scam on me with the chicken head for 0 gems but I managed to click at just right time and get the chicken head. The troller got trolled, in other words 8-) . Right after the trade he started swearing and left the game.

(Hey maybe if we use subliminal messages to put the hackers' gamertags in, we could warn our fellow gamers about liars and cheaters so that other hardcore-gamers playing BBT don't get their stuff stolen by the hackers. We have to be sneaky though so that it doesn't look like we're breaking rules.)

...Seriously though follow the rules.

Edited by GoldenGhost

i have all star heads that are yet out so nobody will scam me and i have a bunch of gems but they don't have anything to trade me with

also i have all regular heads

so how do I report the person who just tried to scam me?

Not much you can do. They tried to scam you. You got away. Nicely done.

so how do I report the person who just tried to scam me?

Well, you probably want to report their profile to microsoft.

For more information on microsoft reporting policies, how to's and faq's, I suggest visiting their site/forum.

File a complaint, review the player and avoid him/her, then send harsh, threatening hate messages that say that you reported them and they will be banned soon. Doesn't work all the time, but that is my way.

Yup, what they said. ^

As unfortunate as it is to be scammed, these forums aren't meant to be a medium of justice for the game itself. That biz is more on Microsoft and Behemoth's side.

I recently saw a player attempt to trade another player the king head. I immediately canceled the game (I was running it) and was fortunate enough to get the gamertag of the player. How can I get it to you?

Edited by Captain MasonM