• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
RaiiDeN x7

Battleblock Theater 2?

I went digging into the old forum days and all the castle crashers 2 requests just to find this statement, have fun.

sequels aren't out of the picture, but i would not expect us to do sequels back to back.

after working on a particular universe for 3 years the last thing most of us want to do is dive back into another 3 years of the same stuff. gotta keep the workers fresh and happy! happiness levels are reflected on the games being made as well!

tom's favorite company, treasure, had a no sequel policy. i can totally see why now.

• Upvote 3

I hope their next game is like a super smash brothers type game, but with a campaign and stuff to introduce new characters and etc. I also like how The Behemoth puts new characters like Hatty in CC, thought that was cool.

I hope their next game is like a super smash brothers type game, but with a campaign and stuff to introduce new characters and etc. I also like how The Behemoth puts new characters like Hatty in CC, thought that was cool.

We already have super smash bros. What they make next will be decided by the intergalactic squid demon portal after the 1000 year cycle.

Or if they come up with a cool idea on their own.

We already have super smash bros. What they make next will be decided by the intergalactic squid demon portal after the 1000 year cycle.

Or if they come up with a cool idea on their own.

The thing which makes the Behemoth unique is the fac they make fresh new games but don't give them sequels and anyway, people will be talking about Behemoth games for a long time...

It would make more sense for a CC2, the world is largely unexplored and new knights can be easily inserted. A BB2 thought would be harder, what would the goal be? the hat is gone remember? I'm not saying it isn't possible, just harder.

I think instead of a sequal there might be a DLC or something like that and if they're working/thinking on a DLC i think i know how to make the DLC: You can play as Hatty Hattington!

This actually sounds really interesting. I would love to see a game like SSB with the Behemoth style and humor :o

behemoth should not break their stellar spiritual sequel streak.

the moment they create a straight up sequel is the moment they confess that they're low on ideas and putting lower priority to innovation, which has always been their biggest strength.

and in regards to this sequel talk.

every freakin behemoth game have complete stories. Very shut and case and many loose ends concluded by the end (typically to comedic effect).

Creating a sequel on any of those stories would be as forced as a hollywood sequel. And historically we all know how that ends.

Edited by Ceresbane

yes.in the ending of battle block theater when hatty died or someing,but in the battle block theater 2 that hatty was fake so the friends went on a adventure to fine the real hatty