• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/

I want to make a playlist using YOUR opinions! Like color choice, color layout design, pathways, obstacles, puzzles, etc.

I will take most of your opinions but not use them exactly as is said to not be copying your idea unless you are alright with it.

Thanks to anyone that leaves their opinions below! ^_^

Make it so the secret level plays itself (like the Chapter 8 secret level in story mode, where you can pretty much just put the controller down and watch).

1. Make sure to try to come up with original ideas and don't keep using the same ones on multiple levels.

2. Try to break the levels and then fix the issues so nobody can really break the levels too much.

3. Make sure all of the gems/strawberries and yarn/pie are possible to get without dying.

4. Make sure to give plenty of time on the finale and encores.

5. Make sure you can complete all of the levels without using your weapon.

And now for actual suggestions.

Nice looking colors, no cats that spam a boomerang at a ladder right over spikes :-P, at least one spike jump challenge, NOT AS MANY ROBOTS, and less huge wide opened spaced areas.

• Upvote 1

Have something unique about your levels that gives people a reason to play.  Theme the levels after something, have pixel art, cool color scheme, name your levels something creative, have a unique style of puzzle, have puzzles all based off of an ever increasingly difficult idea.

Also consider what you are wanting to accomplish with your levels.  If you want the level to be featured, make sure the levels can be beaten easily and that they can't be broken.  But maybe your goal is to make a true challenge, or tell a story.

Since nothing I've done has been featured, here are some ideas that you can totally steal if you want: 

Build a level and see if you can figure out a way to play through the skeleton of the level backwards and forwards.  Build custom traps and play ideas for both directions.  You now have 2 levels that gives player a really cool feeling of "I've seen this before... but I was going the other way!" You can even change the color scheme to have the player feel like the second time they play the level it is later.

Another idea that I used is create a system of buttons and switches and other objects to move a rock, without the player touching it, from one spot to another to open up the exit or part of the level.

Also, it's really fun to put somewhere in a level a ton of cats that get a truly unfortunate death, like ahorde of cats being fed into a saw, or dropped into the jaws of a raccalope.  Figure out a short scene you'd like to take place, and make the cats be the puppets of your painful show!

The best peice of advice, make something you want to play.  If you don't like it and would never play it after you make it... who cares who likes it and where it goes.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for everyone's opinions! I will take ALL your opinions when making my playlist! The color scheemes, advice, level names, EVERYTHING! (reasonably though)