• Announcements

• emil

Forum Update!   09/27/2016

Hi Everyone!   We've just updated our forum so you might notice some changes here and there. For the most part it should work the same as it always has with the exception of some new features and design changes. If you see any issues, just click the orange 'Support' button floating at the bottom of the page and let us know.    Thanks!  
    • emil

Pit People Steam Beta   09/27/2016

We’ve just started sending out Pit People Steam Beta Invites! If you haven’t signed up for the closed beta, you can still register by October 3rd. Beta Keys will be sent out on September 28th!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roy-G-Biv

Cave story

36 posts in this topic

That video basilisk posted in the RPF made me want to try and get a better time in the Sacred Grounds.

So I did.

I actually managed to lower my time from like 9:43 down to 5:56:3. :D

Now the title screen changed the bgm to Running Hell and it has Curly's sprite instead.

I'm tempted to try again, but I'm also tempted to do a playthrough without picking up any life capsules.

With no life capsules you won't be able to do what the guy does

Getting hit on purpose and such

Yeah...I know.

I probably won't go through the Sacred Grounds on my 3 hp run. :lol:

That'd be insane.

Yeah...I know.

I probably won't go through the Sacred Grounds on my 3 hp run. :lol:

That'd be insane.

I'm pretty sure I saw a video of someone doing it...

With only the polar star, as well...

Ahh, found it

I'm pretty sure I saw a video of someone doing it...

With only the polar star, as well...

Ahh, found it

Pretty crazy.

I'm not sure if I want to do that anytime soon. :P

Wow, this game really is amazing. I downloaded it a few days ago, and now I'm in the Sand Area. And wow, the Hell stage looks mighty difficult.

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/cave-story-remake-announced-for-3ds/a-2011021016228990012

Really?

Cave Story in 3D?

On the 3DS?

I kinda wish it would come out on the NGP as well.

Although it's still a sidescroller game.

What could justify me getting this game a third time?

That Cave Story is so awesome you need to buy it again? :lol: (Well, that is just me of course, lol.)

In that interview, Pixel talked about chances of a him making a sequel are quite good right now. That is pretty awesome to hear! :D

In that interview, Pixel talked about chances of a him making a sequel are quite good right now. That is pretty awesome to hear! :D

I don't know man.

A sequel does seem tempting, but this is Cave Story we're discussing.

Sequel is a very scary word to throw around.

I don't know man.

A sequel does seem tempting, but this is Cave Story we're discussing.

Sequel is a very scary word to throw around.

Yes, sometimes sequels are amazing, sometimes, well, ehhh.

I don't know. I actually think that a prequel could work very well for Cave Story. It has quite a lot of backstory within the game, which makes me think that there is enough material there to make a pretty darn good prequel. I would prefer a prequel for the game to be honest rather than a sequel.

EDIT:

Lol, I just found an interview in which pixel says he isn't interested at telling the big picture.

"There's a lot to Cave Story's world, but I tried to create depth of story by offering bits and parts of the full tale, leaving many things a mystery. I don't want to explain these things. I would rather other people imagine the full story -- and honestly, whatever they imagine is probably more satisfying to them than anything I would come up with."

Looks like the joke is on me. Oh well, what he says actually does make sense I would say. :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0