Hello Everyone! I’m here once again to present you with another playlist, but this time it’s different… You’ll need a friend to tackle this set of levels.

After 4 weeks of designing and testing I can finally present you with…

2mhydsy.png

Playlist name: TogetherWeFail3

Gamertag: LevelDesignGuy

“Together We Fail” is, in my honest opinion, the culmination of the best levels I’ve made so far in BattleBlock Theater. Every level will require true co-operation and teamwork between you and your partner. So prepare for your friendships to be tested as you set out to conquer the challenges that await you in “Together We Fail”!

2wevqd1.jpg

oavdk2.jpg

s6sodz.jpg

*Level Screenshots courtesy of Mr. Quentin.

Finally, I’d like to give a shout out to the lovely individuals who helped me test my playlist along the way!

Mr. Quentin- Undoubtedly the main contributor to the testing of this playlist. Mr. Quentin tested every trap in these levels at least twice, if not three times, over it’s four week development period… Plus he was a huge help when it came to brainstorming ideas and creating traps. So yeah, thanks man!

PS3GuyGuy- First off, I would just like to announce PS3GuyGuy as the worst Co-op partner ever. He’s the ultimate saboteur. Aside from that, PS3GuyGuy was extremely helpful to testing all of my levels, and was always someone to talk to when I was designing. PS3GuyGuy also recently released his own Co-op playlist called “Concession Cat”, I suggest giving it a play!

Ryan (Behemoth Staff)- This cool dude played through most of my levels with me on a Behemoth Voyeur stream, which was really awesome. On top of that he gave me some really great feedback and criticism!

Lastly, I’d like to give a big thanks to my additional testers BackupSidekick, UndeadNinya, NOSNick04, Hazard, and Oh Butler!

Edited by 8Bitten
  • Upvote 4

I would give this playlist a 5/5 however, it should really be named We Fail Together. Since it isn't named that, I can only give it a 5/5.

• Upvote 2

You forgot about me, and I was a worse partner than ps3guyguy... D;

Sorry, I was worried I might have forgotten someone, I'll add you to the thank-you list now!

...But no, trust me, NO ONE IS WORSE THAN PS3GUYGUY.

But I still <3 You PS3GuyGuy...

• Upvote 4

I have grown to hate this individual.  I recommend that you do not add him as a friend on xbox live ever!

I just don't even bother going into the editor anymore.  Gees 8bitten, can't you at least once in your life make a bad playlist so that others can feel like their levels stand a chance?!?  STOP BEING SO GOOD AT THIS!!!

In all seriousness, these levels are great, play them and enjoy them and practice them before they get featured in a few weeks.  We all know it's coming.

And CMoNeY is a good guy, after you get past how gansta he is.

Edited by Backup sidekick
  • Upvote 2

Really enjoyed this playlist 8Bitten! 5/5 Definitely had alot of time and work put into it along with all the testing that happened.

Btw, I tried A++ with Ps3guy on insane and each level took atleast an hour...

• Upvote 1

Thank you everyone for the awesome feedback!

A week after releasing my playlist I played it through with a friend, and was disappointed to find that there were several non-level-breaking issues. Although these issues didn't break any of the levels, they detracted from them aesthetically. As such I've now released an updated and fixed version under the name of "TogetherWeFail2". It's not a sequel, but there just wasn't enough character space for "TogetherWeFailV2".

"TogetherWeFail2" also features an entirely different and new secret level! (I realized I hated the one I originally made for "TogetherWeFail" and replaced it.)

Edited by 8Bitten
  • Upvote 2

Thank you everyone for the awesome feedback!

A week after releasing my playlist I played it through with a friend, and was disappointed to find that there were several non-level-breaking issues. Although these issues didn't break any of the levels, they detracted from them aesthetically. As such I've now released an updated and fixed version under the name of "TogetherWeFail2". It's not a sequel, but there just wasn't enough character space for "TogetherWeFailV2".

"TogetherWeFail2" also features an entirely different and new secret level! (I realized I hated the one I originally made for "TogetherWeFail" and replaced it.)

I guess you should have changed the name to "onmyownIfailed"

• Upvote 3

I guess you should have changed the name to "onmyownIfailed"

Hahaha...ha...  :oops: 

Yeah, I felt pretty stupid once I'd realized the mistakes I'd made. Eh, you win some, you lose some. In your case, you win some because you get a better version to play. Woo. Aren't I a nice guy, going out of my way to reward you, the player?

(The answer is no, I'm just a perfectionist about my designing.)

Edited by 8Bitten
  • Upvote 2

So... Even after releasing "TogetherWeFail2", I realized there were still improvements that I wanted to make to the playlist. As such I've once again updated TogetherWeFail. Hopefully for the last time. So I have now uploaded a "TogetherWeFail3". Lucky for you though, because the levels flow better, have more accurate signs, and are impossible to break...

Oh, and "TogetherWeFail3" has a SUPER COOL AMAZING NEW COOPERATIVE SECRET LEVEL.

You're probably thinking, "But 8Bitten, haven't you already made 2 different secret levels for this playlist before?"
Yes I have, and to be honest, they both were pretty lame... Especially in comparison to the SUPER-COOL AMAZING NEW COOPERATIVE SECRET LEVEL... Whoa sorry... I'm not intentionally trying to promote the SUPER-COOL AMAZING NEW COOPERATIVE SECRET LEVEL, it just kind of happens as a result of how SUPER-COOL, AMAZING, COOPERATIVE and NEW it is.

So yeah... Go play it... Again? Please. Just know that if its the 3rd version, it has to be almost perfect.

Until I spot another issue and release "TogetherWeFail4". Oops you weren't supposed to read that... Well anyways, while we're all here I'd like to take a moment to say that MisterrQuentin is a beautiful individual... That is all.

• Upvote 1

Can't wait to try out that new playlist, I'm pretty sure it will be awesome!

Edit:

The SUPER-COOL AMAZING Secret Level is really SUPER-COOL AMAZING
but unfortunately is cheatable, some guys playing with me managed to pass the orange block, because they were too dumb to get the duck shark on the button :(

Edited by Leurfe
  • Upvote 1

The SUPER-COOL AMAZING Secret Level is really SUPER-COOL AMAZING

but unfortunately is cheatable, some guys playing with me managed to pass the orange block, because they were too dumb to get the duck shark on the button :(

I'm not sure exactly how they managed to cheat it, as I tried to make sure it was impossible to do so. Regardless, I think the point of a secret level is to have fun, and if they cheat to avoid the puzzle it's really only them losing out on the experience. Plus it's just a secret level, so I'm not too upset. Unless I discover an issue somewhere else in the playlist I think I'll hold off on releasing yet another fix.

If I'd have to guess at how they managed to pass the orange block, I'd assume it was because they were the 2nd Player. This alone makes players more sensitive and slightly alters some game mechanics for themselves, which may have allowed him to make it to the orange block before it reformed.

Thanks for the heads-up though Leurfe! I hope you enjoyed the playlist aside from that minor issue!

I'm not sure exactly how they managed to cheat it, as I tried to make sure it was impossible to do so. Regardless, I think the point of a secret level is to have fun, and if they cheat to avoid the puzzle it's really only them losing out on the experience. Plus it's just a secret level, so I'm not too upset. Unless I discover an issue somewhere else in the playlist I think I'll hold off on releasing yet another fix.

If I'd have to guess at how they managed to pass the orange block, I'd assume it was because they were the 2nd Player. This alone makes players more sensitive and slightly alters some game mechanics for themselves, which may have allowed him to make it to the orange block before it reformed.

Thanks for the heads-up though Leurfe! I hope you enjoyed the playlist aside from that minor issue!

Exactly.

Anyway, I only played until the secret level because I was getting so frustrated trying to communicate with random playmates that I ended giving up, I'll make sure to give it a second (and full) run with a friend.

I have to say that your solo playlists were more inspired in terms of trap ideas, but this coop one sure is funnier, I had a good laugh even with teammates jumping around randomly and throwing grenades at me!

Once again, great job!

• Upvote 1