• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

Pit People's Final Touches   11/21/2017

It has been nearly a year since we launched Pit People on early access. This journey has been an incredible experience! We’ve built a better game thanks to all your feedback. So here’s a spicy little situation: We’ve decided that our next big drop will be the FULL version of the game! Yes, it shall be complete! You’ll be able to play through the story and find out what happens for everyone.  
        As we write this, we’re working on the last of the cinematics for the story campaign! This is the final push towards completing the game, alongside additional story quests and a new world map with bonus missions.
        Since there’s so much involved with these last steps (VO, animation, level creation, music licensing, QA testing, etc), we’re not exactly sure when everything will line up for a full release date, but we’re shooting to release within the first few months of 2018.
        Thank you again to all of the people who’ve been playing Pit People during early access and to everyone who has been sending us feedback. It has truly been invaluable and we can’t wait to share the conclusion of Pit People with you all!
Backup sidekick

My Recent Vacation - Butter Island

Sorry I haven't been on the forum lately, I went on a cruise that lasted a little longer than expected.  I have some photos that I took of some of the places I visited and I wanted to share them with all of you!

First, I arrived on the Toast Shores of Butter Island:post-18662-0-82999300-1392055061_thumb.jpg 

It rained the majority of the time that I was there, so I didn't have much time for surfing.  Most of the locals weren't very friendly either so I didn't spend much time here and wanted to do some further exploring.

My next stop was the Orange Oasis in the middle of the island:post-18662-0-63427400-1392055068_thumb.jpg 

The water and weather was a lot more relaxing than what I experienced on the Toast Shores, so I took some time to relax and take in the scenery.  Of all the places I visited on my trip I will remember this place the most... well for the most part.

The next stop on my trip was the Jelly Caves:post-18662-0-51656800-1392055076_thumb.jpg 

The Jelly Caves were quite the adventure to say the least!  Many interesting rocks, creatures, and drops all around!  This was the most dangerous of places that I visited on my trip, but man, the jelly lakes were so tasty!  Great for drinking, not for swimming unfortunately.

Lastly, if you visit Butter Island, you have to stop by the On Corns.  The people there are crazy, especially this little green fella!post-18662-0-88873200-1392055082_thumb.jpg

I'm giving my fellow forum members advance notice.  Tickets are on sale now, you can sign up below, and fortunately for you the boat to Butter Island will be leaving later this week!  The next departure will be 7pm PST on Wednesday!  You can pre-order your tickets here, or on Wednesday any time after 7pm PST you will be able to buy your tickets by going to Furbottom's Features, Community Playlists, and then enter the keyword "Backup Sidekick" in the gamertag area (it's a cleverly hidden discount code area, and since I've visited recently, you can use that code to gain free access!)

Alas, this will be my final voyage, as I have seen far better islands and adventures come from some of the greats like MisterrQuentin and 8Bitten, and it's very hard to try to compete against such incredible talent and keep a positive outlook on the quality of my own work.  I thought I'd send this final playlist off with a bang, enjoy once I upload it on Wednesday!

PLAYLIST: Butter Island

Gamertag: Backup Sidekick

• Upvote 3

Been there for a long time, trying to uncover the secret purple bar of the island with you.  Good times man.

Oh me oh my!

It appears that some more of my photos were recovered... er, um... they developed a little bit slower.  Yeah, that's it!

Anyway, I thought I'd share these... but I'm sure that these were photo shopped.  Surely there isn't this kind of danger on Butter Island, I mean, I was just there!  And I survived... sorta... I mean completely, without dying ever!

Anyway, less than 24 hours left before the maiden voyage to Butter Island where you too can enjoy the sites, the sounds, the smells, the bodies... I mean the living bodies of friendly friends!

Enjoy these obviously fake photos... Obviously.

(because I'm still alive.  Totally alive)

post-18662-0-84458000-1392176910_thumb.jpgpost-18662-0-99803300-1392176918_thumb.jpgpost-18662-0-74771800-1392176927_thumb.jpgpost-18662-0-80386700-1392176933_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Attention all Butter Island passengers!

The boat to Butter Island is now officially departing!  Please grab all belongings before you enter the ship and know that once you land on the island, you can only leave by means of the boat or by death, possibly both.

Feel free to grab a complimentary post card on the way out to send to your friends and family whom you hope to see again.

Have a safe voyage, the same cannot be assured about your stay upon the island!post-18662-0-07151600-1392259433_thumb.jpg

I thought this playlist was incredible! I only struggled a little on one part that felt wonkey, but I still rated this a 5 because I actually played through it and had a genuine and challenging time! The part that I am talking about is the body of water leading up to the saw with the checkpoint on top with ice going right with a fan blowing you into the saw. And after attempting to explode the block several times I finally used the acid bubble to just pop my way over which worked! Thank you for a good time, going to send you a friend request! 5\5 from me!

I thought this playlist was incredible! I only struggled a little on one part that felt wonkey, but I still rated this a 5 because I actually played through it and had a genuine and challenging time! The part that I am talking about is the body of water leading up to the saw with the checkpoint on top with ice going right with a fan blowing you into the saw. And after attempting to explode the block several times I finally used the acid bubble to just pop my way over which worked! Thank you for a good time, going to send you a friend request! 5\5 from me!

Thank you, and I look forward to the friend request!

You can double jump over to the block to avoid the fan, and then as soon as you hit the block immediately double jump again while holding right.

I just love getting thrown at that saw at tremendous speed and having bits and pieces thrown all over the water.  Satisfying.

• Upvote 1

I will have to try that then! Thank you for an awesome playlist, really bummed out its your last but I can understand:) I was thinking about moving on as well.

So... My playlist got reported and pulled, because it's no longer on the list. Sad people won't see it for a while... But there is a flip side. I REALLY wish that someone from the dev team would let me know thoughts about my levels! Especially if something is in fact broken.

Well, it's back up now... with low votes.

If I have a recommendation for The Behemoth, it would be to allow users to upload a difficulty rating for their levels so that people expecting something that's a breeze don't get overwhelmed, and people expecting a good challenge, don't get bored.  I think it would help with ratings as well, since it's pretty opinionated.  If it's too hard, then the user will rate low even if the level design is great, and if its too easy for a good player the same will happen.

Not saying my levels are great/good/playable/fun, but I just think the rating system gets manipulated and most playlists end up with a 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 rating because the players don't know what to give for a proper rating of the levels enjoyability.

My levels are tough, which could lead to a low rating.

sorry if this sounds ranty, it's really not.  I just think the rating system could use an overhaul to be more helpful to the community.