• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
Sign in to follow this  
megan

Battleblock Theater Releases Steam On May 15Th

A message from our Boss-man and Art Director:

I have several good things to tell you!

What’s May 15th got to do with anything? Oh, I remember now. BattleBlock Theater is releasing on Steam for Windows & Linux! Yes that’s what I wanted to say. And that’s all. Nothing else to say.

WAIT, NO. I forgot some other stuff. We’ve done some great things during the development of the Steam version that should make everything a little bit better and nothing a little bit worse (as far as I know!!!!!). Cats are fatter, weapons can be immediately switched, Steam Trading, Steam Trading Cards, alterations of the “better” variety exist for sure. The base price for such splendor shall be $14.99.

“$14.99?”, you say? “The Splendor overtakes my being! I am so happy I don’t even know what else I could be saying and I should be getting it right now instead of talking!” “Yes” I reply, “But you cannot get it now because it isn’t May 15th yet.“*

720x300_Banner3-ReleaseDate.jpg

If you’re not familiar with this whole thing, you can check out a video of our announcement trailer here:

Definitely don’t have anything else to announce. Nothing of the surprise variety or anything like that. Oh wait, yes, there is something;

If you were a Steam Beta Tester for us I’d like to let you know that your copy of the game will be FREE. That’s right – Beta Testers shall get their copy for FREE! This is our way of saying thank you for helping us identify any threats.

“Should I remember to delete the Beta before diving in to avoid any weirdness?” You ask. “Why yes, how thoughtful of you!”* I reply.

* These dialogues are here for example purposes and any exact conversations that have occurred like this are merely coincidental.

I LOVE YOUUUUU~
- Dan Paladin

TL;DR Version

-BattleBlock Theater coming to Steam on May 15th
-Steam version available for Windows and Linux
-Base price of game will be $14.99
-Beta Testers will get the game for FREE!
-New stuff to Steam version:
–Fat cats
–Steam trading
–Steam trading cards
–Steam Workshop
–Quick weapon swapping

• Upvote 1

I LOVE YOU TOO DAN!!!!

And you too Megan for typing this all up!

Reads megan's post......wait, what, Battleblock free to beta testers?! OMFREAKINGG YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!!!!!! LOVE YOU MEGAN AND DAN!

tumblr_mwfs98VHKl1saa7kjo2_500.gif

Reinvigorates my displeasure for not getting into the Beta.

Oh well, better luck next time for me I guess. Sadly this means I probably won't be buying the game a second time, at least not soon, too close to Mario Kart 8, but I'll probably pick it up whenever it goes on sale.

That being said, as an owner of the Xbox 360 version, I can say without a doubt this game is worth your money, I would say more, but considering this is The Behemoth forum I'm pretty sure everyone here already knows that BBT is amazing... sooo yeah. Glad you're expanding the userbase, at least

Super stoked for this! I've already played BBT over and over on Xbox but I'll do it a thousand more. c:

I need a buddy to play BBT with over steam.

So I choose this person!