Chris

Just Doodles

Incoming Halloween Doodle Extravaganza!

So today I stayed up until 5AM drawing stuff after the Halloween Smash Bros. tourney. There were a few more drawings than there are below, but I didn't think they were good enough to post. I also took some requests and stuff.

Steamroll Victim #2:

steamroll2_zps320e410c.png

'Morgachu' requested by MorgLikesGames. It looked funnier in my head:

morgachu_zpsc6f35eb3.png

Cat Guard asked for a 'Spooky Cat'. So here's a Cat-Witch-Guard-Ghost. I couldn't think of anything spookier:

spookcat_zpsbcdd8018.png

SaltOnToast asked for a dancing crab. I couldn't resist:

dancingcrab_zpsddf1bb87.png

GoldenGhost asked for the Duck Hunt Duo wearing costumes of each other. I was going to draw them both, but Duck Hunt Dog looked real creepy, so here's Duck Hunt Duck wearing a Duck Hunt Dog hat:

duckhuntduo_zpse3b45d70.png

Then came 3AM, and somebody asked for some Ridley x Mewtwo fanart. This is as far as I got:

ridleymew2_zps6e62bc84.png

Aaand at 4:30, GoldenGhost asked for Reggie and Captain Falcon fighting:

reggiefalcon_zpsbcdf6e34.png

Hope you enjoyed! Goodnight!

• Upvote 10

I did a bunch more stuff for people tonight. :-)

Ezio Prisoner for A C Cret:

ezioprisoner_zps8a2ca02b.png

Coloured Morgachu for MorgLikesGames:

morgachu_zps09bdb6b6.png

Gamefemale sketch for Gamefemale:

gf_zps0d23b834.png

Realistic hedgehog w/ scarf for Mr.Hatty:

realsonic_zps2c8174c5.png

And finally, Starr of the Elite Beat Divas...because I finally beat Elite Beat Agents on the highest difficulty mode:

ebd_zps03fcca8a.png

Hope you enjoyed! Goodnight!

• Upvote 2

Ezio Prisoner for A C Cret:

ezioprisoner_zps8a2ca02b.png

What'chu doin' widdat boomerand, Ezio?

:-) I love it! I want to hug hum, but I don't want a stabbing...

• Upvote 1

Shovel Knight fan-art because that game is amazing and I finally got to play it this week.  :arrow:

steel_thy_shovel__by_chris_the_ninjer-d8

• Upvote 4

Is it sad that the first thing that comes to mind (besides being completely wrong... Maybe...) to me about your work in progress is "OMG, he drew a cartoonish Minerva!"

Also, if you feel up to the task, take a page from Gamefemale's book and do a 'doodle' of some Smash Bros. love... (She has an art thread, if you haven't seen it yet)

(...who am I kidding? You're a mod! You know all! XP)

• Upvote 1

I notice you're a sketch artist, it's rare that I see sketch artists anymore posting their art. +++! Keep up the good work!

Edited by Jurassic
  • Upvote 1

Casca from berserk! :D

Here ya' go!

casca_zps4fb661b3.png

I'm a little out of practice since I've been too busy to doodle recently...but I hope you like the drawing anyways.

Also thanks for the compliments you guys. Means a lot.  :arrow:  

• Upvote 1

I've been playing a lot of Bayonetta recently, so here's a rough sketch of Bayonetta from the second game:

temp2_zps99d5d8ce.png

Hopefully I get to finish it up sometime!

• Upvote 3

I've been playing a lot of Bayonetta recently, so here's a rough sketch of Bayonetta from the second game:

temp2_zps99d5d8ce.png

Wow! I love the details you added to the clothing. The lines you draw always look so smooth and perfect too, how do you do that? Mine always appear jagged because I have to draw estimate lines and then go back and edit them to look the way I want them to, but it's never perfect. Anyways fantastic job on this drawing, I'd love to see it get finished!
  • Upvote 1

temp2_zps99d5d8ce.png

Wow! I love the details you added to the clothing. The lines you draw always look so smooth and perfect too, how do you do that? Mine always appear jagged because I have to draw estimate lines and then go back and edit them to look the way I want them to, but it's never perfect. Anyways fantastic job on this drawing, I'd love to see it get finished!

I used to fuss a lot over lines and mess with them until they looked perfect too, but the end result always ended up looking too rigid. Recently I've been using layers a lot more to help with this. I usually use at least a couple of sketch layers for everything I do:

eg_zpsa52b8aa1.png

The image is a bit small so you might not be able to tell, but by using these sketch layers as an underlay, I can be more confident when drawing line-work. Also, instead of trying to perfect each line by erasing and redrawing part of it, I usually just undo and redraw a whole line until I get it right. This way I keep the sketchy/natural look of the drawing. I also use a simple rounded brush, if that helps.

So, yeah, my advice would be to use a program that lets you to mess around with layers and try not to be too fussy over your lines.  :-)

(Pretty please with a peach on top?) Tell me your secrets.

I'm no expert, but practice makes perfect!  ;-)

• Upvote 1

Ehhh. I did this yesterday:

temp3_zps4542cbe6.png

It's Jeanne from Bayonetta, wearing the Umbran Gekka outfit. I probably won't be finishing this one though, since I got halfway through and couldn't find a reference for the pattern on the dress of the outfit and gave up.  :oops:

• Upvote 3

I require the Takarada salute or the doshlord might never rise again

1393572587536.jpg

I tried, got halfway through, and gave up. The sketch looked terribad. I've never seen KLK so I had no idea what kind of character to draw so it got all messed up. :c

EDIT

I just tried it a second time and I still couldn't get it right. Dang it.

Edited by Chris

My PC is out of commission for the next week or so, so I won't be able to upload any new stuff.

But here's something I drew a couple of weeks ago for a friend:

temp1_zps54f2fab0.png

I kinda' like it, but the colours look a little flat to me.

• Upvote 1

If you wanted to brighten it up a but, I would make her hair a paper yellow and the dress a more bright and vivid red.

I dunno, just kinda thinking out loud here...

• Upvote 1

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in my Youtube thread, but I thought here would be more appropriate. Here's a speed-art thing I did:

The video is a little rough and the quality isn't amazing, but I'm happy with it as a first attempt. It was actually pretty fun to make, so I may do another one some other time.

Here's the "finished" image from the video, ~25 Minutes work:

mhforums_zps1ftrn26e.png

• Upvote 5