Sign in to follow this  
Henryo

Old Castle Crashers Demo Found!

Roy-G-Biv    447

Actually there's an even older version of Castle Crashers.

If I recall, The Behemoth said they outright scrap old concepts that they believe to not be fun.

• Upvote 2

Morg    1,515

Wonder how the original would have done.

Would have sucked, the big tough designs wouldn't fit the Paladin style and thus wouldn't sell as well.

It's unfortunately how the world works now, how graphics are more important than anything...

Mr. Hatty    1,808

Would have sucked, the big tough designs wouldn't fit the Paladin style and thus wouldn't sell as well.

It's unfortunately how the world works now, how graphics are more important than anything...

I disagree with your reasoning, but the game does look quite lame compared to what we got with the final product.

It looked to have been a spiritual successor to Dad n' Me more than anything else, in that demo at least

Roy-G-Biv    447

You can't really judge it on an unfinished product.

I'm certain at that point they only had the rudimentary concepts completed considering it was unveiled in 2005, one year after Alien Hominid's release. They probably didn't implement the more complex concepts like skill points or different spells and whatnot.

Jaredman89    120

You can't really judge it on an unfinished product.

I'm certain at that point they only had the rudimentary concepts completed considering it was unveiled in 2005, one year after Alien Hominid's release. They probably didn't implement the more complex concepts like skill points or different spells and whatnot.

Well I guess the better question would be how the final product would have sold with some of the old concepts.

Henryo    17

Actually there's an even older version of Castle Crashers.

If I recall, The Behemoth said they outright scrap old concepts that they believe to not be fun.

I've seen that one too. I wish the Behemoth would release that demo publicly for download, just for the heck of it.