• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

Pit People's Final Touches   11/21/2017

It has been nearly a year since we launched Pit People on early access. This journey has been an incredible experience! We’ve built a better game thanks to all your feedback. So here’s a spicy little situation: We’ve decided that our next big drop will be the FULL version of the game! Yes, it shall be complete! You’ll be able to play through the story and find out what happens for everyone.  
        As we write this, we’re working on the last of the cinematics for the story campaign! This is the final push towards completing the game, alongside additional story quests and a new world map with bonus missions.
        Since there’s so much involved with these last steps (VO, animation, level creation, music licensing, QA testing, etc), we’re not exactly sure when everything will line up for a full release date, but we’re shooting to release within the first few months of 2018.
        Thank you again to all of the people who’ve been playing Pit People during early access and to everyone who has been sending us feedback. It has truly been invaluable and we can’t wait to share the conclusion of Pit People with you all!
Sign in to follow this  
TheTPRI

Art N' Animation Tips...for Me, Not You!

Long time no see again people! Yours truly has re-arrived and he needs you, yes, YOU for an important task!

Now, I know for a fact this place has been populated by many talented artists and animators, and even though I may not have gotten along with everyone from time to time, I need everyone to give me advice...

I, lack discipline, but I make up for it by being eager to learn, especially things that are of interest to me, and as the title oh so clearly reveals, I absolutely enjoy Art n' Animation!

Yessir, so please, if any of you would be willing to share with me your tricks of the trade, your tips and styles, I would be extremely thankful. I would not complain about any of the advice given, because I know that deep down, I can learn from anyone who's willing to teach me.

Thank you for your time.

Master Scaler here, don't worry animation is actually pretty easy, just incredibly boring and takes forever!

First off, you should have a flash program, from Flash CS3 - Flash CS5.5 Most people just stick with whatever one they started out with, personally I use CS5.5. After getting flash, the best thing to do is get use to drawing, and all the tools your program has. After playing around with them and seeing how everything works, you can move onto your flash.

First off, you should start with a storyboard, something that you have made extremely thought out. To go with this, make a single frame from different sections of your flash, make them spaced out yet close enough so that if someone seen these frames they would understand what is going on. After you have your frames done, then just fill in the gaps. Ez peasy.

The best way to go about actual animating is to draw out your characters. Copy and paste them from frame to frame to keep a fluid motion instead of them randomly getting bigger/smaller. Remember to make all movements small, so that they flow fluidly.

These are just some basic tips, it would be easier to help you if you played around in flash first, then asked what you specifically needed. The biggest problem with flash animations is that it takes a long, long time. Don't expect this to be done in a single day, most animations take at least a week, and that's working non stop on them.  For tips on drawing, just practice practice practice. The more you just practice the better you get.

I am hoping to start animating a lot soon. The only animating tools I have ever used are Flipnote for DS and the animator on Miniclip, but that shut down for some reason.

I guess... Absorb approximately 14 human souls. Spend your souls at the local Grim Vendor on Animation and Art power. Use the soul power to make amazing animations. Done.

Or, just, you know, make a bunch of tiny animations before you make bigger ones.