• Announcements

• megan

RTX 2017 - Booth 401   06/02/2017

We’re headed back to Austin, Texas for our 5th time exhibiting at Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX)! You’ll be able to find us at RTX 2017 Booth 401 (next to our friends, Supergiant Games) from July 7 to July 9 and we’re going to have lots of new stuff this year.   See our Blog Post for all the details, including the new merch we're bringing with us! 
MeltedCow

Simply Muckle

11 posts in this topic

So I was browsing through the Highest Rated Weekly playlists in the community theater, and saw a playlist that had 260+ decent ratings/plays (whatever the number under the stars mean). It was called Battle Brawl. Played the first level, and all it is is a room. Muckle mode. 9 levels total in the playlist. I figured the other levels were like the first one.

But how did it uproar so quickly if it was just a room that the noobiest of noobs could make? Only thing special about it was a checkered pattern in the blocks. Other than that, it was empty. Plain room. Nothing else to spice it up.

This angers me. I spent months making 2 playlists and released them on the same day, and to this very day, they have less than fifteen likes COMBINED. What. The. Heck?

But, putting fury aside, I decided to make one like that simple playlist, and call it Simply Muckle. Probably a placeholder name, but the playlist is going to be plain anyways.

The first level is called Ice Ice Koen, named after the icy floors and a moderator here as well. Next level will have gumblocks and might be called something related to SushiGummy.

Anyways, the goal is to make playlists that have one room or something, but with gum or ice or Ferdinand's or something. Thoughts?

I promise to play your playlist and could I just need to know the names. Sorry to here that people have looked at that level and not your playlists

I promise to play your playlist and could I just need to know the names. Sorry to here that people have looked at that level and not your playlists

Well, it's a work in progress, but the placeholder name is Simply Muckle.

I ment your older playlists

I ment your older playlists
Oh, yeah. "Arcadia" and "The Art Of War."

This happens with any rating system on video games, people like easy, boring stuff. This is probably due to the fact that most people are total noobs... The same goes for the harder levels that get reported, this is happening because the majority think it's "too hard" so instead if trying to get better they just blame their inability to play games on the creator's negligence instead.

Just look at gta online, the most popular races are the ones where you race in an almost straight line all around the map, absolute stupidity.

This happens with any rating system on video games, people like easy, boring stuff. This is probably due to the fact that most people are total noobs... The same goes for the harder levels that get reported, this is happening because the majority think it's "too hard" so instead if trying to get better they just blame their inability to play games on the creator's negligence instead.

Just look at gta online, the most popular races are the ones where you race in an almost straight line all around the map, absolute stupidity.

I met a battleblock player yesterday or something that sounded like he was 4. Why oh why did they HAVE to make battleblock free?

P.S. I'm up so early because I go on a 3 day vacation today. I think I will be able to catch up with the hotel wifi, though.

Edited by MeltedCow

I met a battleblock player yesterday or something that sounded like he was 4. Why oh why did they HAVE to make battleblock free?

P.S. I'm up so early because I go on a 3 day vacation today. I think I will be able to catch up with the hotel wifi, though.

honestly I think the games with gold did more harm than good with bbt. Like kids 12+ are ok but less than that can be soooo annoying to play with.

Well it couldn't have been me.  I'm only 3 1/2. 

Also as a noob, I admit I gave bad ratings to hard levels and good ratings to easy levels.

I don't like hard stuff anymore.  It causes too much stress and not enough enjoyment.

However, I did finish BBT on insane in both solo, co-op and encore modes.

Some user created level designs are not well thought out either.  For example, I've played one stage where you have to find the gems first before you head to the exit area.  If you miss any gems before you reach the exit area, you have to start over since it's impossible to back-track and find all the gems. 

Another stage had a giant raccoon chase you all the way back to the beginning of the level. 

Once he gets you back there, you can't escape unless you start over. 

These are things that people try to add to make it more difficult.  But all it does is it adds frustration to the game when you have no choice but to start over.

IMO, BBT going free with gold was a great idea. 

I would never have tried this game if it wasn't free.

It was a surprisingly fun and challenging game to play.

The number under the stars is I'm pretty sure is the amount of plays and after the free gold release a lot of new playlists released got many plays right away.

Edited by HeavyweightChicken