Behemoth_Erin

[8-Aug-2014] Solo Feature - If This Is A Pyramid Scheme, Its Working!

From the intro that has you delving into the depths of an ancient pyramid, to the classic tricks and traps (hidden pits, anyone?), this week's feature lays on the theme so strongly that it softens the sense that the designer is being mean for fun (hidden pits, anyone?).

You're the one desecrating a tomb, after all.

Solo Feature:
Pyramid V2 by whydavid

There are some dastardly great sequences within this triangular house of horrors, and I'm greatly impressed by whydavid's ability to keep things fair and fun despite how many hidden spikes and rocket-bots he uses. Something that may be key here is the way whydavid breaks up the action; like Dr. Jones, you may find yourself about to be crushed by a giant boulder, but at least you can get a prepare yourself before you grab that giant green gem/golden idol...

Lay thine eyes upon some forbidden sights!

ThePyramid-V2-1.png
ThePyramid-V2-2.png
ThePyramid-V2-3.png

If you happen to be this week's prisoner, I must apologize; laying that many of thine eyes on anything forbidden must be a lot of work!

FeaturePost_ISEEYOU.jpg

Speaking of a sight for sore eyes...

[solo Playlist 8-Aug-2014]

8Bitten    316

This playlist has been in my favorites list for awhile now, and I'm glad it finally reached the spotlight it deserved. Great playlist overall, with clever puzzles and traps interspersed throughout. 4.5/5 stars.

If you're looking for a borderline sadistic challenge, you can try beating this playlist A++ on Insane mode like I did. The secret level is just plain cruel in that mode. Why whydavid?  :? Still loved it though.

Edited by 8Bitten
  • Upvote 2

From the intro that has you delving into the depths of an ancient pyramid, to the classic tricks and traps (hidden pits, anyone?), this week's feature lays on the theme so strongly that it softens the sense that the designer is being mean for fun (hidden pits, anyone?).

You're the one desecrating a tomb, after all.

Solo Feature:

Pyramid V2 by whydavid

There are some dastardly great sequences within this triangular house of horrors, and I'm greatly impressed by whydavid's ability to keep things fair and fun despite how many hidden spikes and rocket-bots he uses. Something that may be key here is the way whydavid breaks up the action; like Dr. Jones, you may find yourself about to be crushed by a giant boulder, but at least you can get a prepare yourself before you grab that giant green gem/golden idol...

Lay thine eyes upon some forbidden sights!

ThePyramid-V2-1.png

ThePyramid-V2-2.png

ThePyramid-V2-3.png

If you happen to be this week's prisoner, I must apologize; laying that many of thine eyes on anything forbidden must be a lot of work!

FeaturePost_ISEEYOU.jpg

Speaking of a sight for sore eyes...

[solo Playlist 8-Aug-2014]

techboy    1

Really stuck at the ceiling mounted spinning saw with ceiling ladders in the finale. I can "sometimes" get to the next ladder but from there...I'm stumped. What moves do I need to do to get to the next ladder? Someone give a brutha a hand?

• Upvote 1

Jim Stone    1

@techboy 

I too am alittle stuck at this point also - is there anyone who has a walkthrough video of the boss final levels as I'm stuck. Love the levels by the way,

GT: Jim Stone

• Upvote 1

Jim Stone    1

i completed it - there is a secrete room in last room but didnt find it just wanted to collect my special prisoner and complete as i was feeling tired afterwards. get as close as you can to saw then drop jump to otherside and catch the ceiling bar again then push across until you come off the bar and double jump to the ceiling bar again but time it so as not to get fried by laser beam and then double jump to checkpoint the next section is difficult also but it's all about timing. hope what i said helps alittle. it was a hard lever for sure.

techboy    1

Thanks Jim Stone!

i completed it - there is a secrete room in last room but didnt find it just wanted to collect my special prisoner and complete as i was feeling tired afterwards. get as close as you can to saw then drop jump to otherside and catch the ceiling bar again then push across until you come off the bar and double jump to the ceiling bar again but time it so as not to get fried by laser beam and then double jump to checkpoint the next section is difficult also but it's all about timing. hope what i said helps alittle. it was a hard lever for sure.

megan    543

Sorry we missed posting this last week! This is the solo feature that will be up for another couple weeks. 

FeaturePost_Gerard.jpg

You still have one more week to unlock Gerard when finishing Furbottom's Features in solo OR co-op!

The Behemoth is doing good at keeping Battleblock fun. Everyone still has a chance to get the star heads, sadly I don't see people that have all of them anymore (I play once in a while) I have all the heads and silver + gold trophy, but it's rare to see people who take the game seriously anymore. It's probably because the game is mostly filled with 9 year olds. My opinion.

• Upvote 1

megan    543

The Behemoth is doing good at keeping Battleblock fun. Everyone still has a chance to get the star heads, sadly I don't see people that have all of them anymore (I play once in a while) I have all the heads and silver + gold trophy, but it's rare to see people who take the game seriously anymore. It's probably because the game is mostly filled with 9 year olds. My opinion.

We try our best. Thanks for playing!

megan    543

This playlist has been re-featured in Furbottom's Feature! Complete all the levels to unlock Snail for a limited time

FeaturePost_Snail.jpg