Cat Guard

What We Want In Pit People

Most likely digitally. The Behemoth only ever sold physical copies of Alien Hominid in 2004, back when digital downloads weren't reliable and mainstream on consoles.

• Upvote 1

Something to stick around for that is also challenging, like the full purple bar in BBT (but this time can we have a reward? even a 0g achievement would be freakin awesome)

Edited by Undead Ninya
  • Upvote 3

i wanna be able to shoot myself into the ground super fsat then i'll shoot out the speed of approximately 500m/s with enough fuel to sustain my ascent through the atmosphere. when i hit my apoapsis i'll prograde until i reach orbit. at this point I would like the ability retrograde and do a sub-orbital butt-smash. This will be an ultimate attack similar to when pac-man eats a power pellet. only the power pellet will be a giant piece of cheesey potato casserole. the recipe is as follows.

1 bag of southern style hash-brown potatoes

a container of sour cream

a bag of 4-blend mexican cheese

a can of cream of chicken or if you're gluten free go with cream of mushroom that doesnt have any gluten in it

chopped kielbasa or turkey polish sausage. 

Mix all in large bowl. add sausage. Add habaneros if you like to spice things up and get things going hog-wild.

now you wanna cook it at 400F for about an hour and 15 minutes. when its prepared you can eat it it right out of the baking dish its really good

anyway once you eat this in game and you do the sub-orbital butt slam it does not come without a price. to balance the 99999 damage all ENEMIES IN THE GAME take you will take 3 turns of no attacking cause that wouldnt be fair if you could just spam this.

i also want hats and to be able to use gaben bucks to buy slaves

oh and a rhythm game cause i wanna get my groove on, you know? like when im cookin my tasty tato casserole i wanna be movin and groovin like steve perry in Strung Out.

What I hope would be in this upcoming game, are some playable characters from their past games!

These are the ones I personally hope to see: The main or unlockable protagonist(s) from CC & AH, Hatty, The Cat Guards (BBT Steam Vesion), The Raccalope (BBT), Duckshark (BBT), Rocket launcher robot (BBT), The Frog Bomb (even if it was a weapon it was awesome), and The King (CC)!

Edited by NammerGamer

Something to stick around for that is also challenging, like the full purple bar in BBT (but this time can we have a reward? even a 0g achievement would be freakin awesome)

I fully agree with Ninya here.  As my sig says, I have completely finished Castle Crashers and BBT, but there has been no real reward to doing it (other than bragging rights and constantly being labeled as a hacker). I would love to see something similar to that in Pit People, but with something to actually entice more players into doing it.  

• Upvote 1

I fully agree with Ninya here.  As my sig says, I have completely finished Castle Crashers and BBT, but there has been no real reward to doing it (other than bragging rights and constantly being labeled as a hacker). I would love to see something similar to that in Pit People, but with something to actually entice more players into doing it.  
Brag about it, will ya?

Yeas, being a completionist, I would support this idea 300%!

• Upvote 1

Could a kind mod change the thread's title to 'What We Want In Pit People'?

I'm really excited for the game, and I hope I can play it at PAX Prime later on this month

Brag about it, will ya?

Yeas, being a completionist, I would support this idea 300%!

You know it buddy ;)  I would do the full completion thing on this game regardless, the behemoth make my favorite games besides the madden games.

• Upvote 3

Maybe add a sword that has a name of one of the members and maybe some armor that has a name of a member? Maybe the same thing but with mods and staff? Is that a good idea? Like if you like this idea.

Could a kind mod change the thread's title to 'What We Want In Pit People'?

I'm really excited for the game, and I hope I can play it at PAX Prime later on this month

Gotcha there boyo.

• Upvote 1

Maybe add Molotov Cocktails and Shivs?

Are we talking about Pit People or Prison Architect?

Molotov Cocktails were used in wars by countries like Germany and Finland. And maybe you can hide a shiv on 4 or 5 maps for people to find.

There. History lesson.

Maybe add Molotov Cocktails and Shivs?

Are we talking about Pit People or Prison Architect?

Molotov Cocktails were used in wars by countries like Germany and Finland. And maybe you can hide a shiv on 4 or 5 maps for people to find.

There. History lesson.

However, PitPeople isn't a history game.

• Upvote 1

For those of you who are still interested in CC, on the blog, Dan gave a little talk about CC: Remastered. To save some space, I'll put it all in a spoiler.

We’ve recently announced Castle Crashers Remastered in all its glory! I wanted to take this time to talk about why we decided to do this and what it means to us.

About a year ago we started thinking about the future. Castle Crashers would disappear along with lots of other games once the “Last Gen” would wave goodbye. We’d all move onto our new consoles and Castle Crashers would be stuck there on the old ones. We didn’t really like the idea of the game no longer being available to you guys or any newcomers. Millions of people have enjoyed the game and written into us with such amazing experiences, it seemed like it’d be a loss to just let it vanish for any new or returning console players.

We chose to bring Castle Crashers Remastered to the Xbox One seeing as Castle Crashers’ original home was on the Xbox 360, having more than 4 million happy players! And for you PC gamers who might be curious, Castle Crashers on Steam will in fact receive these same updates to the game in the future!!!

This is a game that means a lot to us. It was a very defining moment for us as a company. Your continued support has brought us all the way to this point, which is almost EIGHT YEARS after its release! Seriously, THANK YOU!

So instead of simply porting it we felt like we should update it and make improvements. Math time!!!! The original Castle Crashers shows 407,040 pixels at any given moment at 30 frames per second. Castle Crashers Remastered is displaying 2,073,600 pixels at any given moment all while 60 frames per second. That’s 5.094 times more pixels shown at double the framerate! For anyone wanting to see a visual of what that means for the size and clarity of the resolution, please see this:

texture_sizes_difference.jpg

The game seriously feels better due to its buttery smoothness in all its double frame rate speeds all while and it looks nicer with much larger textures. But we didn’t just end there!

bob_grasslevel_21.png

One of the things that haunted me about the older version was a minigame called All You Can Quaff. It consisted of lots of fast and furious button mashing. Some people love it, but I just felt like it wasn’t the best we could do. So we made the call to replace it with something we’re confident would be much more fun for most people. It’s called Back Off Barbarian, and it’s a mini game where you and your friends run from Barbarians (or other baddies!) in frantic survival. You can revive each other if you find the potions on the board, but once everyone is gone it tallies your time up. Some players love to see if they can beat their old time while others just go back for the “potato chip” style gameplay. Just one more! Just one more! It’s good stuff, that I can promise. Here’s a quick Vine to show you what it looks like:

In addition to a new mini game, we’ve made some characters available from the start. The Pink Knight seems to be so iconic to you guys out there that we decided to unlock the Pink Knight by default so you can use this character right away in the story, arena, or the mini game.

We’ve also changed how the multiplayer menus work, which seems a little minor but can be pretty big in practice. With improved networking, everything involved with playing along with friends online (or with strangers!) has improved the experience significantly.

To summarize, for the past year, we’ve been updating Castle Crashers to perform and look a lot better in Castle Crashers Remastered. We’ve got a new minigame, and a lot of little tweaks in the corners. Maybe that’s not exciting for someone if they’ve played through it all. And hey, that’s totally fine. I understand that! For anyone who might be looking for something new, we’ve got Pit People brewing, and man am I proud of that thing.

We’ll be announcing more details as upcoming tradeshows roll around. You’ll probably hear things about prices, release dates and all that other stuff.

I’ll keep in touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for enjoying our stuff and keeping us doing what we love. We’ll keep doing our best!

Love,
Dan Paladin

TLDR:

5.904 times more pixels

2x framerate

No more All You Can Quaff

New minigame: Back Off Barbarian

Pink Knight is no longer a DLC, in fact, it is now a default character!

• Upvote 2

For those of you who are still interested in CC, on the blog, Dan gave a little talk about CC: Remastered. To save some space, I'll put it all in a spoiler.

We’ve recently announced Castle Crashers Remastered in all its glory! I wanted to take this time to talk about why we decided to do this and what it means to us.

About a year ago we started thinking about the future. Castle Crashers would disappear along with lots of other games once the “Last Gen” would wave goodbye. We’d all move onto our new consoles and Castle Crashers would be stuck there on the old ones. We didn’t really like the idea of the game no longer being available to you guys or any newcomers. Millions of people have enjoyed the game and written into us with such amazing experiences, it seemed like it’d be a loss to just let it vanish for any new or returning console players.

We chose to bring Castle Crashers Remastered to the Xbox One seeing as Castle Crashers’ original home was on the Xbox 360, having more than 4 million happy players! And for you PC gamers who might be curious, Castle Crashers on Steam will in fact receive these same updates to the game in the future!!!

This is a game that means a lot to us. It was a very defining moment for us as a company. Your continued support has brought us all the way to this point, which is almost EIGHT YEARS after its release! Seriously, THANK YOU!

So instead of simply porting it we felt like we should update it and make improvements. Math time!!!! The original Castle Crashers shows 407,040 pixels at any given moment at 30 frames per second. Castle Crashers Remastered is displaying 2,073,600 pixels at any given moment all while 60 frames per second. That’s 5.094 times more pixels shown at double the framerate! For anyone wanting to see a visual of what that means for the size and clarity of the resolution, please see this:

texture_sizes_difference.jpg

The game seriously feels better due to its buttery smoothness in all its double frame rate speeds all while and it looks nicer with much larger textures. But we didn’t just end there!

bob_grasslevel_21.png

One of the things that haunted me about the older version was a minigame called All You Can Quaff. It consisted of lots of fast and furious button mashing. Some people love it, but I just felt like it wasn’t the best we could do. So we made the call to replace it with something we’re confident would be much more fun for most people. It’s called Back Off Barbarian, and it’s a mini game where you and your friends run from Barbarians (or other baddies!) in frantic survival. You can revive each other if you find the potions on the board, but once everyone is gone it tallies your time up. Some players love to see if they can beat their old time while others just go back for the “potato chip” style gameplay. Just one more! Just one more! It’s good stuff, that I can promise. Here’s a quick Vine to show you what it looks like:

In addition to a new mini game, we’ve made some characters available from the start. The Pink Knight seems to be so iconic to you guys out there that we decided to unlock the Pink Knight by default so you can use this character right away in the story, arena, or the mini game.

We’ve also changed how the multiplayer menus work, which seems a little minor but can be pretty big in practice. With improved networking, everything involved with playing along with friends online (or with strangers!) has improved the experience significantly.

To summarize, for the past year, we’ve been updating Castle Crashers to perform and look a lot better in Castle Crashers Remastered. We’ve got a new minigame, and a lot of little tweaks in the corners. Maybe that’s not exciting for someone if they’ve played through it all. And hey, that’s totally fine. I understand that! For anyone who might be looking for something new, we’ve got Pit People brewing, and man am I proud of that thing.

We’ll be announcing more details as upcoming tradeshows roll around. You’ll probably hear things about prices, release dates and all that other stuff.

I’ll keep in touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for enjoying our stuff and keeping us doing what we love. We’ll keep doing our best!

Love,

Dan Paladin

TLDR:

5.904 times more pixels

2x framerate

No more All You Can Quaff

New minigame: Back Off Barbarian

Pink Knight is no longer a DLC, in fact, it is now a default character!

Oh crap I posted this in the wrong thread :oops:

• Upvote 1

I think a Reflective Shield would be useful for when a baddie is shooting arrows at you, you can use your hinty Reflective Shield which has a chance to shoot an arrow back at the baddie and do damage to them.

What Else I'm hoping for is some references/eastereggs to other games like a campanion cube head or turret head (I like portal XD).

Edited by NammerGamer

I would like to see a DLC to do with characters from older behemoth games like Hatty and one of the castle crashers knights, but if they have to have the body shape from the gameplay trailer then you could use people like furbottom and sandwich knights!

Does anybody know when we are going to get more info/footage from this game?

Maybe at PAX!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Does anybody know when we are going to get more info/footage from this game?

Maybe at PAX!!!!!!!!

Gah! Now I'm even more annoyed that I'm busy during PAX this year.  At least I will have a friend letting me know what happens the whole time.