Cat Guard    246

Welcome friends, foes, and felines, to my arena discussion. You have seen the Hall of Dudes, but have you seen The Hall of Pain? I think not. I am nearly done making my first playlist and arena playlist. This playists hosts favorites such as: Ball Maul, Crush da Brush, and many, many, more.

I am looking for tips from some of the all time greats, such as: our Furrbottom Features veteran: 8Bitten, ps3guyguy, our 2014 XBLA Arena Playlist Contest Winner: MeltedCow, our designing overlord MisterrQuentin, and many of our creative level designers. This playlist was made for the arena design contest but alas, I took a vacation. Why rush something that had potential?

Thank you and expect this playlist in the near future.

Hall of Pain

Coming to a (Battleblock) Theater near you.

Edited by Cat Guard

8Bitten    316

I am looking for tips from some of the all time greats, such as: 8Bitten, ps3guyguy, MeltedCow and our designing overlord MisterrQuentin.

Fixed.

As for tips:

- Color coordinate levels.

- Be sure to add signs where necessary.

- Playtest, then playtest again.

- Get creative and try to use blocks in new and fresh ways.

Cat Guard    246

I am looking for tips from some of the all time greats, such as: 8Bitten, ps3guyguy, MeltedCow and our designing overlord MisterrQuentin.

Fixed.

As for tips:

- Color coordinate levels.

- Be sure to add signs where necessary.

- Playtest, then playtest again.

- Get creative and try to use blocks in new and fresh ways.

Oh my gosh! Thanks for the tips but I will be sure to add that to the holy level designers of the hall of pain. Thank you 8Bitten and I look up to you in level designing. ;)

MeltedCow    229

Well, I would have said something, but looks like ol bitten beat me to it anyways. I'm in the same state as MisterrQuentin.

Now that I think about it, this is basically common sense, but still, don't overload your level with spikes and saws and raccalopes galore.

• Upvote 2

Cat Guard    246

Any other tips? I got 2 levels done this week and I think I have 4? around 4 left... I have 2 ball games, 2 muckle, 2 k.o.t.h. 1 soul snatcher, 2 color the world, 1 grab the gold, and 1 C.T.H. I think...