Henryo

Is Game 4 A Timed Exclusive?

Henryo    17

I sure hope so.

To get the best of both worlds, I made my decision after E3 last year to keep my xbox 360, but also buy a PS4 instead of an Xbox One. Since that E3, the Xbox One has gotten a lot better though, with my favorite game companies making exclusives for them. I know Halo will never come to playstation, but I sure hope that at least Game 4 will. If Microsoft won't let you do that, maybe a Xbox 360 release? Please?

Feel free to discuss below.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Game 4 IS a timed exclusive, but that might just be my wishful thinking or me filling in the gaps of my memory.

At the very least, it's probably going to be released on Steam, like a year later or something, but probably not ported to 360. Game 4 is probably designed with the specs of the Xbone and porting a game from a higher generation console to a lower generation console is much harder than the other way around. 

• Upvote 2

Ultanoka    580

Like BBT and CC chances are Game 4 will come out on PC a year or two after it's release on Xbone.

So expect Game 4 on PC in 2019

• Upvote 1

Timkinut    16

as long as i can eventually play it on steam or a ps4 ill be happy.

please dont let microsoft steal your baby forever, you will lose out on a lot of sales.

No they won't. And they are well-paid for making it exclusive.

I hope they'll never release it on PS4, but only on Steam.

wont lose any sales if not released on ps4? ummmm no.

not everyone has a plethora of systems to play games on, some people, like most people, spend most of their cash on day to day drudgery, bills, house payments, rent, stuff like that and cant afford to own every console and a gaming pc.

• Upvote 1

Mr. Hatty    1,808

I think I remember reading somewhere that Game 4 IS a timed exclusive, but that might just be my wishful thinking or me filling in the gaps of my memory.

At the very least, it's probably going to be released on Steam, like a year later or something, but probably not ported to 360. Game 4 is probably designed with the specs of the Xbone and porting a game from a higher generation console to a lower generation console is much harder than the other way around. 

While this is true, according to Ubisoft (in regards to their upcoming PS4/XB1/360 game, The Crew) the Xbox 360 is the easiest last generation console to downport to, so if any current gen games that aren't cross-gen titles do eventually make their way to last gen, my money would be on 360.

That being said, don't hold your breathe, this is an indie studio. We'll get the Xbox One release and more likely than not a Steam release, I highly doubt any other console will get the game but obviously I no nothing for sure and could very well be wrong.

Timkinut    16

I just want game 4 on my xbox one.

Same thing. Lol, I'm gonna SPOIL YOU EVERYTHING, PC AND PS4 FOLKS.

You better speak through spoilers for 2 years if that's the case.

Good point.

Rfruitfree    0

I hope they don't wait a year to release it on steam like they did with BT. I hope the fact that BT was a huge success on Steam made them realize it's worth their while to port it to Steam earlier. I would just buy it on XBLA, but seeing as though my xbox broke recently, Steam is my only hope. Hope I have an XBONE by then, needa get a job when I turn 16. (I'm 15) 

danp    519

We don't want anyone to wait for anything.  No official word yet since we don't have a release date and are still deep in development.

Ashdood    5

We don't want anyone to wait for anything.  No official word yet since we don't have a release date and are still deep in development.

13/10

Hi5er    7

You should definitely go the way of the N+ boys. 

Started as a browser based game, went to 360, realised xbox was a joke and started development for the PS4!

If Banjo or Conker ever get another game for the Xbox, I'll get one straight away, but I can't justify buying a console just for your Indie game guys, sorry :(

On the flip-side, most people have a computer nowdays, so a Steam release would be a nice middle ground that I'd be happy to consider.

• Upvote 1

Luminoth    1

Ultanoka, on 23 Aug 2014 - 13:50, said:

Like BBT and CC chances are Game 4 will come out on PC a year or two after it's release on Xbone.

So expect Game 4 on PC in 2019

I just started seeing all the Game 4 footage today and was telling my friends whom I shared it with that it'll probably come out in 2020.

hYpac0w    0

IGN did some interviews on PAX East and they mentioned "good connections" between the Behemoth and Sony. But as we all know they are a small studio so they probably aren't working on a ps4 version yet.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/07/pax-east-2015-the-behemoths-game-4-is-a-strategy-rpg-and-its-already-awesome?watch

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2015/03/06/behemoth-game-4-why-behemoth-co-founder-feels-confident-about-game-4-pax-east-2015

On the last generation I played on Xbox360 because my friends had the console but in comparison to the ps3 it was a piece of @#+*

The games from the Behemoth were the only reason I didn't regret that descision entirely but I bought a ps4 last year because Microsoft dissapointed in every possible way! And a lot of people I know switched from Xbox to PS so I really hope we will see Game 4 on ps4 in the future. Like people mentioned before it's just too expensive to buy a Xbone just for this game but the idea crossed everybodys mind who mentioned this :D

I know that the Xbox One is closer to the ps4 than the 360 was to the ps3 but still I feel like Sony is treating its customers better than Microsoft.

So please Behemoth... PLEASE... we all want to experience the greatness of your games^^

earmites    1

I thought they were clear that it's initial release would be Xbox One and Steam at the same time... I assumed that since Microsoft helped launch Behemoth into a household name... That they just had a loyalty to them because they are upstanding guys...If there is a PS4 launch....I would be so ecstatic!