megan

Playlist Contest Winners – New Xbla Arena Feature!

megan    543

The results are in! After we went through over 90 playlists made by the community (good job to everyone!), our judges have finished selecting the winner of the Arena Playlist Creation Contest for both Steam and XBLA.

Winners will be contacted via email so we can send them an autographed Hatty Hattington bust and their playlists will be featured this week in BattleBlock Theater!

Without further ado…here is the winner for XBLA and honorable mentions, with descriptions by Mase and our level design crew:

XBLA Winner

Arcadia by MeltedCow

Arcadia1-1024x576.png

Arcadia2-1024x576.png

Bang for your buck — that’s what this playlist offers its players. Many of the levels in this playlist feel like two levels in one! Switches, paths and judicious use of clever block placement generate levels that can evolve and change as you play or offer great risk/reward benefits as you decide which paths to take. Be sure to check out the final stage in this playlist where you can adjust your difficulty, strategy and even your score objective. It’s the ultimate expression of this particular concours ultimate playlist!

Honorable Mentions

HEY LOOK HERE by TxC Artist

Fancy some King-of-the-Soul-Snatcher-Hill? How ‘bout trying this here Grab-the-Horse-Gold. One of the great secrets of the level editor of BattleBlock Theater is that you can combine the scoring mechanisms from other game modes by simply placing them in your game type. This creator discovered the secret and crafted a great revelation through the level editor. Creating levels for just a single game mode can be difficult enough, but this playlist has great options for your combination game type needs!

CaptureTheDuck by LevelDesignGuy

LevelDesignGuy created a new game mode within our humble yet powerful level editor and then managed to make 15 fantastic stages for it. This Furbottom’s Feature veteran managed a spectacular display of his understanding and intimacy with the mechanics of BattleBlock Theater. A fantastic demonstration of how far you can push the Battleblock Theater level editor!

Congrats to the winners! We’ll be featuring the honorable mentions in the future, but you can play them now if you go to the Community Theater.

FeaturePost_Furbottom175.jpgFor this week, we’re featuring the winning playlists and giving BattleBlock Theater players a special unlock befitting of this occasion: Purrham Furbottom! All you’ll need to do is load up the game and go to an online area to unlock this gentleman.

(Now, go play this Arena Feature! The designer worked hard on them and deserves your audience participation. Go on now…)

• Upvote 3

Cat Guard    246

Congrats MeltedCow! I'm really proud and I thought you should get the spotlight you deserve! It must have been the power of lil bub...

You have beat +90 playlists and still won. I can still say I played Arcadia "before it was popular" and I'm am so freaking proud of you!

Congrats Again!

- Cat Guard a.k.a. Michael :-)

MeltedCow    229

Oh. My. God. I won. I don't even know what to say.

Proud of ya Muney Man ;)

I hope your playlist succeeds and gets featured.

And 8bitten, thank you so much, so so so much, for encouraging me to enter. I figured you had won it, entering a new game mode and all.

So to thank you, I have a code for a Walking Dead episode for Xbox 360. I forgot which one, but it if I find it, and you want it, then you can have it. 

8Bitten    316

Thanks for the honorable mention Behemoth!  :arrow:

This Furbottom’s Feature veteran managed a spectacular display of his understanding and intimacy with the mechanics of BattleBlock Theater.

You all flatter me.  :-P

And 8bitten, thank you so much, so so so much, for encouraging me to enter. I figured you had won it, entering a new game mode and all.

So to thank you, I have a code for a Walking Dead episode for Xbox 360.

Congratulations man! I'm glad I was able to spur you into entering, you don't have to give me anything.

Edited by 8Bitten

MeltedCow    229

Thanks for the honorable mention Behemoth!  :arrow:

This Furbottom’s Feature veteran managed a spectacular display of his understanding and intimacy with the mechanics of BattleBlock Theater.

You all flatter me.  :-P

>

So to thank you, I have a code for a Walking Dead episode for Xbox 360.

Congratulations man! I'm glad I was able to spur you into entering, you don't have to give me anything.

I insist you take something, unless you truly don't want it, or the message is gone. I hope you get a hatty bust, if that's what they mean by winners.

Cat Guard    246

Proud of ya Muney Man ;)

I hope your playlist succeeds and gets featured.

Thanks dude that means alot coming from you and you are one of (if not) my favorite forum members. I'm happy to see you win.

I always wish I got the hatty bust... so jelly

Edited by Cat Guard
  • Upvote 1

Neezil    0

I am very curious why I can't get the purrham head.

Same,I don't get it either.

Also not getting the new head. I think it is still stuck on Giraffe.

Jim Stone    1

what playlist do i have to go to - im not getting the prisoner - i'm confused i've tried everything i usually do. thanks for your help in advance

well done to the winner and the mentionables 

Congratulations to all the winners and to all who get a Honorable Mention.

My guestion is how it comes that Purrham Furbottom isn't unlocking to the criteria the site gives to unlock him.
The week is almost over (Almost Friday) and no answer has been given to the same questions which are here as well.

Thanks in advance.

MeltedCow    229

The new playlist has not been featured, probably just an odd glitch. Likely causes the no Purrham issue. In the meantime, if you want to play this playlist, you can search for my name in the community theater for arena and pick Arcadia when it comes up.

Don't worry guys, you'll get your Furbottom soon, head, feature and all. The Behemoth will not let our cries go unheard.

• Upvote 2

The new playlist has not been featured, probably just an odd glitch. Likely causes the no Purrham issue. In the meantime, if you want to play this playlist, you can search for my name in the community theater for arena and pick Arcadia when it comes up.

Don't worry guys, you'll get your Furbottom soon, head, feature and all. The Behemoth will not let our cries go unheard.

I tried finding your Arcadia playlist and it never shows up when I search for it on XBLA.

I go to: Community -> Search for playlist -> type in your name (meltedcow) -> type in playlist name (arcadia) and it never finds anything.

Is it a case-sensitive search?  I cannot find any playlist by (meltedcow).

MeltedCow    229

I tried finding your Arcadia playlist and it never shows up when I search for it on XBLA.

I go to: Community -> Search for playlist -> type in your name (meltedcow) -> type in playlist name (arcadia) and it never finds anything.

Is it a case-sensitive search?  I cannot find any playlist by (meltedcow).

Make sure you're looking in the Arena section of Community Theater. Either engine would work; Game Mode Type or Name. My gamertag is exactly "MeltedCow". The playlist is exactly called "Arcadia". I would imagine the playlist search is case-sensitive, if you type in "meltedcow" and "arcadia" and nothing will come up.

Make sure you're looking in the Arena section of Community Theater. Either engine would work; Game Mode Type or Name. My gamertag is exactly "MeltedCow". The playlist is exactly called "Arcadia". I would imagine the playlist search is case-sensitive, if you type in "meltedcow" and "arcadia" and nothing will come up.

Thanks for the tip!  I was in the wrong section.  I had to go into the Arena section like you stated.

Much appreciated!

MeltedCow    229

Thanks for the tip!  I was in the wrong section.  I had to go into the Arena section like you stated.

Much appreciated!

Enjoy the playlist!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.