• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/

UPDATE: The playlist is now up again with the same name, but with an extra space in the middle.

"The Unknown" (2 spaces between it)

UPDATE AGAIN: The playlist has been taken down again! I am persistent though :P

New name; Pros Only

UPDATE AGAIN AGAIN; I give up. It got taken down 3 times. Battleblock hates me. Dont bother looking for it. It wont be there....

Hello all you evil cat punching battle blockers. Today I have unveiled my most creative and innovative playlist! It is called The Unknown!!! This playlist contains the usual traps and dangers, but explores different methods to progress that I dont see others producing (havent played that much so idk) I have discovered 3 methods of level altering effects.

1) this one has been known to any player that has accidentally touched a spike but somehow lived! I have made a sure fire way to make sure you barely touch the spike when going over it. All you have to do is jump once while running into it and you will clip the backside allowing you to get that first jump back! There is another way which involves falling and you have to just keep running and you will clip it allowing 2 fresh jumps.

2)The double rock throw. This one is quite simple. You throw the rock against a wall and then quickly jump grab it and throw it again very fast. This allows you to make it go 2 blocks high. It will be used throughout the playlist in various sometimes puzzling ways!

3) This last one is my favorite. It involves a technique that is well known throughout battleblock, but is never seemed to be used to help you progress throughout campaign mode. This final technique is "The Jump Slash". The jump slash is used most throughout this playlist because I like it. It makes obstacles that were otherwise impossible, possible! It can be used in fun ways to progress or difficult ways. An important note in using the jump slash is that it only works correctly after your first jump. If you jump twice or not at all you wont be able to get enough hangtime.

With those 3 tricks explained you will now have the upper hand on those who dont have a clue. I also hope to see these tricks used throughout other level design! Good luck and have fun :D

Difficulty; Advanced

GT: Ozbornblack357

Playlist type; solo adventure

Playlist Name; The Unknown

Edited by DeathSock

You don't know advanced 'til you've played an 8Bitten or MisterQuintenn Adventure playlist.

Or 8Bitten 's "Capture The Duck" arena playlist.

Or a whydavid adventure playlist...

I'll still be checking this out, nonetheless. Sounds fun.

• Upvote 2

You don't know advanced 'til you've played an 8Bitten or MisterQuintenn Adventure playlist.

can you tell me the names of MisterQuintenn and 8bitten's playlists so I may play them perhaps :)

can you tell me the names of MisterQuintenn and 8bitten's playlists so I may play them perhaps :)

May I recommend Suicidal Circus by LevelDesignGuy (8Bitten). Any of Mr Q's playlist will work

May I recommend Suicidal Circus by LevelDesignGuy (8Bitten). Any of Mr Q's playlist will work
I did not realize 8bitten was level design guy. When I first got this game free with gold I ended up playing suicidal circus. It really inspired me to make levels because they were so amazing! I went out of my way to play his grandporeum and grimporium and they were equally fantastic! Im gonna go search up mister quintenn's levels right now and give them a go. I hope they are equally extravagant! :)
  • Upvote 1

I did not realize 8bitten was level design guy. When I first got this game free with gold I ended up playing suicidal circus. It really inspired me to make levels because they were so amazing! I went out of my way to play his grandporeum and grimporium and they were equally fantastic! Im gonna go search up mister quintenn's levels right now and give them a go. I hope they are equally extravagant! :)

Connor (8Bitten) said Mr Quentinn inspired him and gave him ideas. I would play both of them!

Connor (8Bitten) said Mr Quentinn inspired him and gave him ideas. I would play both of them!
I just played quinten's zombie Unicorn level set. It was truly beautiful. * singular tear forms in eye from sheer pleasure

I just played quinten's zombie Unicorn level set. It was truly beautiful. * singular tear forms in eye from sheer pleasure

They are both true artists, 8Bitten even made a new gamemode!

Ide suggest for you to give my levels a try, but they have vanished :P. Anyone know what I should do?

I would if I could.....
but.. but... I worked so hard to make my levels :(

Ide suggest for you to give my levels a try, but they have vanished :P. Anyone know what I should do?

I would if I could.....
but.. but... I worked so hard to make my levels :(

Ask Lindsay Behemoth the mod if she can help. Her picture is a tofu horse.

They are both true artists, 8Bitten even made a new gamemode!

We making a pyramid here?

UPDATE:

It appears my playlist has been removed.

*Lie down. Try not to cry. Cry a lot

Seems like someone reported your playlist. Since you said it was hard, someone may have reported for being too hard.

UPDATE:

Seems like someone reported your playlist. Since you said it was hard, someone may have reported for being too hard.

Go to:

Community Theater

then to Search Playlist

Then Search your name

And it should be there

UPDATE:

Go to:

Community Theater

then to Search Playlist

Then Search your name

And it should be there

I think he's right when he said someone reported it for being too hard. I looked again and its not there. :( I made a copy but what if I put it up and it gets taken down again

I think Lindsay_Behemoth said something about if someone reports a playlist, it hides it from the community but you can still play it. (I don't know how. Maybe she knows.) Then The Behemoth checks if they should let it go, or get rid of the playlist. (I know that part is real.)

I think Lindsay_Behemoth said something about if someone reports a playlist, it hides it from the community but you can still play it. (I don't know how. Maybe she knows.) Then The Behemoth checks if they should let it go, or get rid of the playlist. (I know that part is real.)

ima post it again with the same name but just add a space in the middle then :P

I can't wait to play your playlist! I'll try to play it soon. I'm on a "vacation." Around Monday I'll try to play it.

if it doesnt get taken down again :P

Well, this was a breath of fresh air. I was beginning to wonder if anyone else would find some of the goofy mechanics Quentin and I found in the editor, and well Mr. Death Sock, color me impressed. You've managed to create an interesting and challenging playlist, with some clever mechanics and puzzles to boot (Some of which even surprised me!). I'm happy that my playlist was able to inspire you to create some of your own levels.

I only had a few minor critiques with the playlist. The levels seemed a bit too empty (Try adding more plants and signs.), the traps were at times too difficult in terms of the level order (Level 4 was extremely difficult for how early it was.) and there was a bit of an over-use of the laser trap. But aside from these minor faults it was a great playlist. I certainly hope this isn't the last we see of your designing talent. Overall I give this playlist 4 stars! (I was talking to Quentin the other day, and he was the one who actually brought this playlist to my attention. So I can say without a doubt you have two fans.)

If you plan on making anything in the future I might gear it slightly more for a less advanced audience. That's what I'm doing with the playlist I'm working on, and the community tends to get a little more enjoyment out of them. That isn't too say you can't have difficult traps or puzzles, but build the player up a bit more before you start introducing them.

Edited by 8Bitten
  • Upvote 1