• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/

While I'm preparing my ritual to resurrect my Writing Thread, I thought I'd make a thread for my art since it's something I've been meaning to do for a while now. I do a few different kinds of things, from hand-drawn art to pixel art, so I'm just gonna share all of it here. I will happily accept requests if you have them, and I'll even do them in a specific art form if you have a preference!

(Note that, while none of these drawings are of actual people, I do draw people sometimes. I'll scan some pictures from my notebook and share those eventually.)

Some of my computer-drawn art:

Squid Monster + Lil' Squid Monster:

O0Zgwl1.png

My attempt at drawing Gish from Gish and The Binding of Isaac:

tLvkTP9.png

(I might have went a little overboard with his bulging eye, but oh well)

A forest spirit:

fgyFvhq.png

Some fairies:

RRoiGWy.png

Female Squid Monster + Lil' Squid Monster (such kawaii-desu-desu-kawaii)

wg17Hjt.png

Check out my Pixel Art in the next post, it wouldn't fit here in the OP (but I still love it just as much)

Other:

I also like doing these community anime pictures that other people sometimes do, here's one from a while ago:

x8nnU2R.jpg

So I might do one of those every once in a while.

That's all I have right now, again I'll share more from my notebook soon. Give me some drawing requests! And don't steal my art!

• Upvote 7

Some pixel art:

A space angel:

TZ8BHd3.png

A giant mouth monster:

Fpr9s8H.png

A dangerous-looking plant:

z83HfXY.png

Some viruses contained inside of bubbles:

vAthmfO.png
yk05Zbt.png

A cityscape:

RA4qrI8.png

A glittery cave with crystals:

6vlPXEJ.png

A treasure room filled with gold coins:

Upv0o2V.png

A giant scary-looking tank (WIP):

KFS9ekd.png

• Upvote 11

The pixel art looks much, much, much, much, much better than the hand drawn art. You seriously got to add detail to those things, you just got a bunch o squiggles. The pixel art is top notch though, B+ you're doing great!

Edited by Scaler193

I love your squids <3

and hot damn that pixel art

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

The pixel art looks much, much, much, much, much better than the hand drawn art. You seriously got to add detail to those things, you just got a bunch o squiggles. The pixel art is top notch though, B+ you're doing great!

Thank you, I'm glad you like the pixel art! I'll admit, the hand drawn art here are just sketches I whipped up in a few minutes. Like I said, I'll post some of my drawings from my notebook, which I put some more effort into.

Wow these are amazing, probably some of the best I have seen. I love the community anime pic, they always make me laugh.

Thank you! That's a huge compliment. I like doing the community anime pics, so I'll try to do some more of those.

I love the sketches and I love the pixel art. It seems you are a man of many talents!  :-)

Love the pixel art. The hand drawn artwork is good and I like it but personally I just prefer the pixel art. Keep it up would love to see more.

Edited by Abz2141

That pixel art is beautiful, good job. I've tried to do pixel art a fair few times, but I always get angry and stop because I can't get proportions right.

Thanks everyone, I'm really flattered by the reactions! Seems like the pixel art got a much better reaction than the other stuff, so I'll work on some more of that. Thanks again, and if anyone wants me to draw anything just let me know what your request is! I'd be more than happy to draw some pixel art for you guys.

Dude... That pixel-art mouth-monster.
Coming from a guy who loves drawing expressive mouths, that one's pretty dang awesome.

• Upvote 3

Dude... That pixel-art mouth-monster.

Coming from a guy who loves drawing expressive mouths, that one's pretty dang awesome.

Thank you so much, that means a lot to me coming from you! I think your art is incredible, so I'm glad to hear you like some of mine  :-D

Your art is awesome GoldenGhost!

Thank you very much, and hey, I'm looking forward to see some of your art too! Your thread's empty, so get to work, bud!

I have a couple more pieces to share, the first of which is a slightly-improved version of my current profile picture (I removed the text so you could see the other twintail better, and I made a few other minor adjustments). In case you haven't checked out the current avatar theme, the theme is twintail Shulk, so I made a genderswapped Shulk with twintails. (It's even more desu-kawaiiiiiiii-desu than my squid drawing) :0

5yBpRrn.png

As a bonus, here's another piece I spent a while on today. It's kind of a WIP, but I think it looks really cool like this too, so I thought I'd share it here. It's a tribute to one of my favorite musical artists: Daft Punk!

LVQXmME.png

In case you were wondering, here's what I used for reference:

Musique_Vol._1_1993%E2%80%932005.png

daft-punk-2013-650-430-b.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, and if you have any requests or suggestions, be sure to let me know!

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 4

Do a flaming paper cup with a lock for its face, I dare you!

Challenge accepted! I spent quite a while on this one, lemme know what you think:

NZhmsyT.png

...jk here it is:

o14EcI9.png

I haven't done much practice with drawing fire, so I had to do some experimenting. I feel like this turned out fairly nicely though.

• Upvote 6

Do a flaming paper cup with a lock for its face, I dare you!

Challenge accepted! I spent quite a while on this one, lemme know what you think:

NZhmsyT.png

...jk here it is:

o14EcI9.png

I haven't done much practice with drawing fire, so I had to do some experimenting. I feel like this turned out fairly nicely though.

I wasn't going to like it too spite you for that time you didn't Like my GoldenGhost which took me 10 minutes to create, but holy hot damn this is way too spunky for me to not like!

• Upvote 1

Sorry it's been a while; I haven't had much inspiration lately, and I haven't gotten many requests. That being said, I did get a request from Morg before New Year's: he told me to draw him in the style of Kill la Kill. I was happy to oblige, and I decided to show off my computer art skills this time around instead of opting to my usual pixel art style. Anyways, here is the result! I call it "Don't Lose Your Morg".

(Even though it doesn't actually show anything explicit, I'm gonna label this NSFW just in case)

9J9Hivx.png

Oh dear, that's... not a scissor blade.

Shout-out to Chris for doing awesome art for Morg that I could use to base Morg's clothing and stuff off of for this

Also shout-out to 8Bitten for giving me some awesome music to listen to while I made this

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 8

I'm guessing that double-posting in my own art thread isn't against the rules or anything...

Anyways I was in the mood to make a community anime picture, so I did one based on Evangelion. Tried to be clever with it and include some people I don't usually throw in, so lemme know what you guys think.

ZE1r8Dv.jpg

I might have some actual art coming later tonight; Morg got me inspired with his awesome pixel art, so I might try another piece of computer-drawn art. Stay tuned!

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 8

I'm guessing that double-posting in my own art thread isn't against the rules or anything...

Anyways I was in the mood to make a community anime picture, so I did one based on Evangelion. Tried to be clever with it and include some people I don't usually throw in, so lemme know what you guys think.

ZE1r8Dv.jpg

I might have some actual art coming later tonight; Morg got me inspired with his awesome pixel art, so I might try another piece of computer-drawn art. Stay tuned!

How did you know I was a hottie with a body and glasses? 

ZE1r8Dv.jpg

• Upvote 2

ZE1r8Dv.jpg

Stop making me the main character you fanboy.

• Upvote 1

How did you know I was a hottie with a body and glasses?

I know all about you bby

Stop making me the main character you fanboy.

Who the heck else am I supposed to make the main character? (Fine, I'll stop. You were such a Shinji kinda guy though, and not in a bad way)

Anyways it took a lot longer than I thought it would, but I finished another piece of computer-drawn art. I've been trying to practice drawing people lately since my friend and I are planning on drawing a manga in our spare time. This drawing isn't based on any character in particular but here ya go:

Bdg5g69.png

Let me know what you think. I need some feedback! I'll take any thoughts or suggestions, whether it's "I like the way you draw teeth" or "it would've been better if you had drawn it upside-down" or "why didn't you give her a purple dress you freaking idiot". She's kinda supposed to be jumping (I was trying my hand at an action picture), so let me know if you can tell or not.

• Upvote 1