Sign in to follow this  
megan

[30-Jan-2015] Arena Feature - Disorder In The Court!

megan    543

(Written by Erin)

There's a reason that most sports keep their courts nice and sportsmanly, clear and predictable: they lack imagination! I mean, you guys drawing those white lines in the grass, why not learn to live a little! Maybe add a squiggle now and then, or drop a litter of cats on the field. Perhaps a rocket launching robot or two. Stretch your arms a bit and see where your inspiration takes you!

To jail, probably. But don't let that stop you, we've got some great accomodations here at Battleblock Theater! Even better, you may get to meet this week's Furbottom Feature winner and we think you guys might have a lot in common...

Arena Feature:
Basketbrawl by rpvarela

2015-01-15_00003.jpg

2015-01-15_00012.jpg

2015-01-15_00015.jpg

See, rpvarela isn't afraid to take an old fashioned ball court and just FLOOD the heck out of it. But hey, look at all the floating fuzzy bears to help you! And sure, you might be trapped in a box with a killer robot and but look at that giant raccoon to hide in!

Hm.

If you do make it out to the stands, our hotdog vendors may be out of hotdogs this week, but we've replaced them with a delicious new treat!

FeaturePost_cupcake.jpg

Brand-spanking new and available only on Steam, this little performer is set to play a breakout role in The Behemoth's yet-to-be-titled Game 4! Are you excited? I am excited!!

...or that could just be the sugar-high from all those cupcakes I ate earlier. Why are you adorable jerks so delicious??

[30-Jan-2015]

• Upvote 2

megan    543

This head better end up on the 'Box or someone at The Behemoth is going to have an unfortunate accident.

We don't respond well to threats :P

Cat Guard    246

Gah!!!!!! I'm so sad it won't be on the 360...... what's next, a cupcake knight just on steam? *depressed sighs*

Edit: I don't know why, but in this post (and the cecil cooking cat post) I can't see the picture of the cupcake, I haven't been able to find it on google either, is it a forum bug?

Edited by Cat Guard

MeltedCow    229

This head better end up on the 'Box or someone at The Behemoth is going to have an unfortunate accident.

We don't respond well to threats :P

How do you respond to begging?

IcyPRO    0

Why do you always get these "arena" characters just by logging in the game? Why don't you get them after achieving something, like beating the arena by itself...

I want to know if that's intentional or not..

Please let me know, thanks!

Hi IcyPRO, there's a couple reasons why we just hand out the prisoner during arena week...

First and foremost, it seems kinda arbitrary to force you guys to play through the whole playlist, seeing as how "beating" the arena isn't really the point. Different people enjoy different modes, so we didn't want to force anyone to play arena types they weren't into just to unlock the prisoner.

The other reason is that not everyone has a ton of time to play, so we wanted some new prisoners to be more readily available, even if you're only popping on for a few rounds with your friends before you have to run off to get groceries/puppies/married/elected for president.

Hope that clears things up!

megan    543

Feel like having a Basket Brawl? Well give it a shot! Play these Arena levels in the Arena Feature this weekend. You'll also unlock Rose just by loading up the game to an online area!

FeaturePost_Rose.png

megan    543

We've re-featured this playlist in the Arena Feature for the next two weeks! You can also get ISEEYOU when you load up an online area of the game. 

FeaturePost_ISEEYOU.jpg