• Announcements

• megan

RTX 2017 - Booth 401   06/02/2017

We’re headed back to Austin, Texas for our 5th time exhibiting at Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX)! You’ll be able to find us at RTX 2017 Booth 401 (next to our friends, Supergiant Games) from July 7 to July 9 and we’re going to have lots of new stuff this year.   See our Blog Post for all the details, including the new merch we're bringing with us! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sebliend

I Need Help With The Necromancer Fight(Insane Mode)

6 posts in this topic

I play on a PS3, so i dont know if is possible to play with someone who plays on an Xbox.

I am playing as a LvL 99 Industrialist, since i am not that good at juggling you will mostly see me running desperately through the room spamming magic everywhere while trying to survive.

My name on PS3 is NooboNut(I dont know how to change my name .-.)

I can give you some tips. 

You're level 99 industrialist? That's a good level to be at. All your stats should be maxed out by now. Now all you can rely on is strategy. Even though I've never been good at it myself, juggling is essential in insane mode. The industrialist has some good crowd control magic, so try to make an even switch from swinging your sword to using some magic, to juggling. Just balance out your attacks. 

Castle Crashers is considered a button masher, so just spam Square then Triangle then R2 + Y, then get in to some juggling combo. Magic jump + O can help a lot if you're being swarmed, just to get out of the crowd.

I can give you some tips. 

You're level 99 industrialist? That's a good level to be at. All your stats should be maxed out by now. Now all you can rely on is strategy. Even though I've never been good at it myself, juggling is essential in insane mode. The industrialist has some good crowd control magic, so try to make an even switch from swinging your sword to using some magic, to juggling. Just balance out your attacks. 

Castle Crashers is considered a button masher, so just spam Square then Triangle then R2 + Y, then get in to some juggling combo. Magic jump + O can help a lot if you're being swarmed, just to get out of the crowd.

Thanks for giving me some more tips, right now im trying to follow Very Bad Player's guide on how to beat the necromancer(http://forums.thebehemoth.com/index.php?/topic/12189-vbps-insane-mode-necromancer-guide)

I am trying to do most of what he tells in his guide and i have also tried to do what you told me, but i am just too bad i guess. .-.

Hey there, I see that you have run into the wall that many others that play through this game get stuck at.  Most importantly, you need to learn how to juggle well, it is absolutely everything (especially in that fight) in insane mode. 

What I would recommend doing is playing as other characters through the game up until that point, working on learning how to juggle and dodge attacks by zig-zagging the whole time. Personally, I say once you feel like you have gotten better try again, it takes a while to get good enough to beat the necromancer every try.

I personally think this is the best video for learning how to juggle: 

I would have done the fight with you if you had 360, but good luck anyway man!  

Edit:  One last tip is that if you are not full potions/health going into the fight, kill the painter quickly to get his 5 potions and food

Edited by Hazard

The best technique (which I myself use when fighting necromancer) is to hold up your shield, and projectile him, wait till he rises, and right after he rises, projectile him again. Repeat this until he dies.

The best technique (which I myself use when fighting necromancer) is to hold up your shield, and projectile him, wait till he rises, and right after he rises, projectile him again. Repeat this until he dies.

He means the waves of enemies, the actual fight with the necromancer is a joke in insane