CannyImposter

I Am Making A Game

118 posts in this topic

This was a surprise when I saw the hammer I love how the flag is wrapped around it. It's looking pretty awesome how its coming together.

Whoa, the golden ghost looks awesome! Thanks for adding him in there  :-D

Well, we're almost there guys! Added the sky, created a looping animation for the clouds and shaded the mountain. All that's left is including things for the other people who have supported me. HattyHattington, was wondering if you wanted anything in particular? Maybe a dog wearing a top hat? Let me know. Same goes for Mr. Hatty, Skirczac, U-knighted and Dropped your pocket. Thank you all so much, the comments have really helped. Next part will be shop design, so stick around for that 

post-26137-0-78349500-1430434961_thumb.png

Edited by CannyImposter

Wow man. The art looks great! The game looks like it will be a blast. Have you given any design details on the protagonist/antagonists?

Edited by Oh Butler

Wow man. The art looks great! The game looks like it will be a blast. Have you given any design details on the protagonist/antagonists?

I believe I gave a rough overview at the beginning of the post, but I'll give a better one now. The main protagonist is Jacob (named after the man who helped me concept this game), who wears a signature hoodie and is the defender of the smoothie machine you will be playing as. The second and last protagonist is the shop keeper who will be called Dan (after me). All other characters are enemies of different strengths and weaknesses you must defend the mountain from, as Jacob progresses through the game he will purchase upgrades and weaponry to help better defend the mountain.  

This game looks amazing!!! The art style is great and I love the idea of it. Can you add a small potato with a o-o face on it?

Edited by Potatofarm71

Added a butler for Oh Butler, animated some shine from the fire too. For some reason I cannot upload any more images, is there a limit?

Added a butler for Oh Butler, animated some shine from the fire too. For some reason I cannot upload any more images, is there a limit?

If thats so just use imgur. and post them as links

Thanks for the advice, this link should work:

http://imgur.com/j75BhK3

Thanks for the advice, this link should work:

http://imgur.com/j75BhK3

Awesome, may I change my request to a basket of potatos with o-o faces on them?

Haha yeah sure

Haha yeah sure

Thanks, working on my own art atm

DOUBLE POST DON'T SUE ME

Any progress?

All done. I toyed around with the basket and It clashed too much with the baby basket, so I put a cute little potato into a present box

http://imgur.com/1HqzGTd

Haha, Awesome!! Thanks for that.

Right, I'm off to sleep. This is where you come in. I have a few questions I would like all of you to answer.

What colour/flavour should the smoothie be?

What should the shop layout be?

What kind of enemies would you like to see?

Should there be a combo metre?

What would happen if this bar is full?

What weapons would you like to see?

Just a few questions for now, more will come later.

Edited by CannyImposter

Right, I'm off to sleep. This is where you come in. I have a few questions I would like all of you to answer.

Purple/Mango

Maybe like a wall of outlines of weapons (Like Zombies from Cod) and if you buy them you can see the weapon, plus a nice shopkeeper with a brilliant moustache

I would like to see a extra fast bandit in a grey hood, a zombie like base enemy and an empty smoothie cup with white legs and arms.

Yes

When its full it should go to frenzy mode when your character can be super fast and beefy like in castle crashers and go around the map punching people and killing in one hit

I would like to see a straw melee weapon, a potato cannon, a fruit seed machine gun and maybe a SPARKLE BLASTER

Purple/ Grape

not sure what you mean.

Depends what kind of game you want it to be, is it a fantasy? or more realistic?

Sure why not.

spam attacks for a bit or always crit attacks when hit possibly/

again depends on the kind of game you want to make.

Kitten flavored

Maybe one similar to the Blacksmith's shop in Castle Crashers? It seems like the most convenient way to arrange weapons.

I'll get back to you on that

Judging by the next question, it sounds like you already know the answer

Depends on what the player is aiming towards. If it's score-based, maybe the combo meter adds score multipliers and when it fills up, you have a huge multiplier and then weak enemies pour in to get massacred for tons of points. If the goal is just to defeat all of the enemies for a certain level, maybe cause the enemies get weakened in some way. You could have all of the enemies freeze and call it "Brain Freeze".

Video game references up the wazoo! The Master Sword, Ness's yoyo, maybe a club from Kid Icarus Uprising. Anything you can think of.

Smoothie color/colour / flavor/flavour? -

Maybe a burgundy type, as if somebody mixed in a bit of the blue raspberry with the cherry, but not much? I don't know how slushy magic works.

Shop Layout? -

Layout as in how the shop is set up?

Messy?

Interesting/desired forms of enemies? -

A coffee/tea pot with boiling water/liquid of choice, boiling mad.

BecauseSummerishotandboilingwaterishotandboilingmadisatermsoit'sfunnyahah

Combo meter/metre? -

I think it would be cool, but how many combos would it take?

When that bar is full? -

Maybe the bar could spurt out a star or two, and Jacob becomes his true form: The Juniper Jacking Juggler named Jacob. (JJJnJ)

Radic00l/Awkward weapons? -

Since this game seems to be based off of Summery things, Summery weapons would probably fit. Stereotypes, at least.

-Sandals/Flip-flops/Thongs/Whatever you want to call them on a stick could possibly work, I don't know how this would work, though. Paddle them to death?

-Flowery Perfume, the kind that smells like nothing but you feel it kill you inside.

-Marshmallow on a pike, to stab/goop your enemy?

Could you add in a poster with "Squats" written on it?

Edited by Skirczak

Hi, lovin' it so far. Just been observing from behind the scenes, but NOW you ask for something, so:

Oh gawsh, so british. In all seriousness, I'd say something tropical or exotic. Makes it more interesting, hmm?

A short wooden counter with a tired looking dude with some serious stubble manning it. Bonus points for miscellanious animals on plaques on the wall(s). This dude will grab you weapons and cycle through them.

Something adorable and annoying that would be really satisfying to squish. Maybe like a tiny slime blob that in groups could greatly slow your movement or something?

The british. It burns.

Uhh, depends on what you define as a combo. If you're going for more of a beat-em'-up, I'd only use one in the case of a special ability sort of doo-dad, but if you want more adventure, then just a flat no.

Most likely plenty of people would leave drunk.

I dunno, rain kittens? Tropical explosion? Throw nearby enemies in a blender? THE POSSIBILIITES ARE ENDLESS!

Something that freezes enemies. I don't care how impractical or inconveinent to obtain, I've just always been a fan of freezing enemies in beat-em'-ups. Either that or something that is a reference to something, like a wooden sword or italian plunger.

I'm curious to see where you go with this. Keep up the good work! :-D Also, mad cudos if you add a cat poster at the climax of the game, whenever you decide what that is ;-)

Edited by A C Cret

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'm sorry if some of the questions were a little vague to what you know about the game. Upon assessment here are some of the ideas I'd like to use.

Colour/flavour

My favorite suggestion for the colour and flavour is purple/grape by saltontoast, same reason as I liked the purple/mango idea, purple blends very nicely with the colours I have used for the landscape so far, and grape smoothies are delicious. The kitten flavour was also interesting, might look into that...

Shop Layout

C cret's idea for this was my favourite in terms of the bored looking shopkeeper. I don't think cycling the weapons is very practical however if you only have a restricted time limit to purchase what you want, so in terms of the weapons layout I am going with potatoefarms suggestion of weapons lined against the wall.

Enemies

C cret bags first prize again, love the idea of a small enemies that are easy and satisfying to kill but swarm in large amounts, a little like the scorpions in castle crashers. However I equally love potatoefarms idea of a cup with legs, not only is it in context but it also sounds hilarious. 

Combo metre

My favourite idea for this was golden ghosts', C crets idea of lots of small enemies ties in perfectly with the idea of an insane point collection massacre. Even your second suggestion was fantastic, "brain freeze" is a stroke of genius I will probably be adding as a powerup instead of a combo. I'd like to mix the massacre idea with potatoefarms beefy guy idea, just to make the experience extra satisfying. Maybe it's a huge wave of cats that get massacred? I've gotten a lot of ideas from this.

Weapons

Skirczac had an interesting idea of a marshmallow on a stick, I'm thinking of developing this into a spear type weapon that impales an enemie and the marsh mallow explodes. The potato cannon is an interesting idea too, perhaps they burrow into the ground as mines that explode.

Thank you all so much for the feedback, more questions coming soon! Sorry if I didn't mention everyone's suggestions but these are the ones that stood out to me!