CannyImposter

I Am Making A Game

Potatofarm71    81

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'm sorry if some of the questions were a little vague to what you know about the game. Upon assessment here are some of the ideas I'd like to use.

Colour/flavour

My favorite suggestion for the colour and flavour is purple/grape by saltontoast, same reason as I liked the purple/mango idea, purple blends very nicely with the colours I have used for the landscape so far, and grape smoothies are delicious. The kitten flavour was also interesting, might look into that...

Shop Layout

C cret's idea for this was my favourite in terms of the bored looking shopkeeper. I don't think cycling the weapons is very practical however if you only have a restricted time limit to purchase what you want, so in terms of the weapons layout I am going with potatoefarms suggestion of weapons lined against the wall.

Enemies

C cret bags first prize again, love the idea of a small enemies that are easy and satisfying to kill but swarm in large amounts, a little like the scorpions in castle crashers. However I equally love potatoefarms idea of a cup with legs, not only is it in context but it also sounds hilarious. 

Combo metre

My favourite idea for this was golden ghosts', C crets idea of lots of small enemies ties in perfectly with the idea of an insane point collection massacre. Even your second suggestion was fantastic, "brain freeze" is a stroke of genius I will probably be adding as a powerup instead of a combo. I'd like to mix the massacre idea with potatoefarms beefy guy idea, just to make the experience extra satisfying. Maybe it's a huge wave of cats that get massacred? I've gotten a lot of ideas from this.

Weapons

Skirczac had an interesting idea of a marshmallow on a stick, I'm thinking of developing this into a spear type weapon that impales an enemie and the marsh mallow explodes. The potato cannon is an interesting idea too, perhaps they burrow into the ground as mines that explode.

Thank you all so much for the feedback, more questions coming soon! Sorry if I didn't mention everyone's suggestions but these are the ones that stood out to me!

Yes! So many of my ideas! Anyway thanks.

AdamBRT    421

The mountain is pretty much done, so I've done the sketchwork for the shop, as you can see there are seperate shelves for seperate items, and the cat pulls a lever if you have the funds to upgrade an item.

http://imgur.com/KEij4Ae

I love how 'reception' is crossed out and 'In' is underneath and then 'bwwam'.   

CannyImposter    164

I love how 'reception' is crossed out and 'In' is underneath and then 'bwwam'.   

The mountain is pretty much done, so I've done the sketchwork for the shop, as you can see there are seperate shelves for seperate items, and the cat pulls a lever if you have the funds to upgrade an item.

http://imgur.com/KEij4Ae

Haha that was just for the sketch, unless people think it should go on the final design?

M80    143

The desk looks great. And the "inception" thing is really funny. I think you should keep it in, but it's your choice.

A C Cret    196

I like the wood texture, but I would use that color for the walls and a darker color (no u. I'm frum 'Murica) for the desk/counter itself

A C Cret    196

Ferdinand

Stamper

Paladin

Paladini

Paladidn't

Meow

Mr. Whiskers

Just listing anything that popped in my head, really ;-)

CannyImposter    164

Not much more added, been struggling a lot with the shop. It is coming along though

http://imgur.com/qbPxmlQ

Ferdinand
Stamper
Paladin
Paladini
Paladidn't
Meow
Mr. Whiskers

Just listing anything that popped in my head, really ;-)

I like Paladini and Stamper, maybe something like stampy, anyway thanks!

• Upvote 1

Skirczak    42

Another question for you all, I'm going to use the idea of adding a cat bowl, what should the cat's name be?

Charles

Swaddles

May

Pippinni

Giovanni

Pistachio

Nippers

Fluffy Butt

Angelo

Dan Saladin

Will Pamper

Tom Pulp

Meowgan (It's hard to make good weird pet names out of Megan)

Lind-Say Purr

Erin Herring

Dill

Meowburt

Stitch

Carlos

Reginald

Sir Squats (The Third)

Joe

Scaler193    898

I've just caught back up with this thread and seen that you said you don't have much experiance in creating games. If you need help with anything make sure to get in contact with me. Personally I don't have much experiance but I have a lot of contacts in the flash community. I'm sure I could convince them to help you out seeing that awesome art of yours!

CannyImposter    164

I've just caught back up with this thread and seen that you said you don't have much experiance in creating games. If you need help with anything make sure to get in contact with me. Personally I don't have much experiance but I have a lot of contacts in the flash community. I'm sure I could convince them to help you out seeing that awesome art of yours!

I will definitely keep this offer in mind, thank you! But things seem to be going okay at the moment, I'll let you know if I require assistance

CannyImposter    164

Another question for you all, I'm going to use the idea of adding a cat bowl, what should the cat's name be?

Charles

Swaddles

May

Pippinni

Giovanni

Pistachio

Nippers

Fluffy Butt

Angelo

Dan Saladin

Will Pamper

Tom Pulp

Meowgan (It's hard to make good weird pet names out of Megan)

Lind-Say Purr

Erin Herring

Dill

Meowburt

Stitch

Carlos

Reginald

Sir Squats (The Third)

Joe

I love will pamper as cats usually have a very pampered lifestyle, also like the sound of tom pulp

CannyImposter    164

This is the final screenshot until thursday when I can start designing, got three days of college. Thank you all so much for the comments and support, when I started this up I didn't expect so many people to take an interest. I've added the cat, a lever, the lights are animated to flash 1 after another, and the sign labelled funds is animated to swing left and right. I can perhaps email you the flash file if you're interested in seeing the animated version. Next I'm gonna start work on the buttons to cycle through the weapons and decorate the desk.

Shop: http://imgur.com/zcIuVGi

Edited by CannyImposter
  • Upvote 2

SaltOnToast    366

This is the final screenshot until thursday when I can start designing, got three days of college. Thank you all so much for the comments and support, when I started this up I didn't expect so many people to take an interest. I've added the cat, a lever, the lights are animated to flash 1 after another, and the sign labelled funds is animated to swing left and right. I can perhaps email you the flash file if you're interested in seeing the animated version. Next I'm gonna start work on the buttons to cycle through the weapons and decorate the desk.

Shop: http://imgur.com/zcIuVGi

Haha that looks amazing, something that I just thought of that might be kind of funny is adding a "No refunds" sign on the desk.

Anyways can't wait to see more of this!

Morg    1,515

The game needs someone named Scott in it

Wouldn't be a proper game without that