• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

FALL SALE! 25% OFF select merch   10/16/2017

Time to stock up on all of our autumn appropriate threads and accessories!

From now thru October 22, 2017 (11:59PM PST), we’ve got sweatshirts and warm plush hats on sale at 25% OFF in our online store! There are also a few other rad items like the Behemoth scarf, skate decks, and the Hatty tissue box cover on sale.

See the full list of Fall items here: FALL SALE

...to program a game for us.

Hey, do you wanna be the most important person that a game needs? Cool, because we need one.
We have some game ideas but no one who can program it. So he hope that you can do this (or you know someone who can).
Write a comment and we will contact you.

This is a very vague offer, so I'd like a few more details before considering my response.

-Who is "we" in this case? (How big of a team is this? Who else is on this team? Do any of you have any experience with making games?)
-How large are these game ideas, are they weekend projects or ideas that'll take months to make into a finished product?
-What other tools are you using to make the game that a programmer would need to be ready to work with? Flash, Unity, etc
-If I were to join your team, would I be paid for my work? (Not required, but it would definitely influence my decision)
-Also, would I have any creative influence on the project? (Again, not required, but it would influence my decision somewhat)

Feel free to answer them in a PM or here in the thread, although I'm sure others who are interested would be curious about these things as well. Right now I'm intrigued, but I want some more information before making any kind of commitment.
  • Upvote 4

...to program a game for us.

Hey, do you wanna be the most important person that a game needs? Cool, because we need one.

We have some game ideas but no one who can program it. So he hope that you can do this (or you know someone who can).

Write a comment and we will contact you.

Sorry but this is kind of a big thing to ask. Cause people at my school have previously came up to me asking me to make a game for them. And when I deny it they tend to get angry at me. Its like randomly asking someone on the street for 100 dollars. I hate how some people expect others that have the talent to do that sort of thing to instantly give them stuff for free.

• Upvote 1

Sorry but this is kind of a big thing to ask. Cause people at my school have previously came up to me asking me to make a game for them. And when I deny it they tend to get angry at me. Its like randomly asking someone on the street for 100 dollars. I hate how some people expect others that have the talent to do that sort of thing to instantly give them stuff for free.

I definitely understand what you're saying, but there are certainly benefits to helping other people as well. You might get paid for your work, you might wind up making something you can put in a portfolio, or it might just be a good chance to practice and make connections with other people. Personally I'm just looking for some kind of experience, so I don't mind too much with helping someone make their game as long as I can benefit from it too.

Well, I realize that this is very vague, but I think I can give you some more clarity.

First, this is not a big thing. It´s something for fun, and so there´s no payment, because, you know, for fun.

If that is enough for you to decide against it, I can totally understand it, if you kept reading, great!

Also, our team is composed of two people, Julibot, and me (I don´t have an account here, I´m writing this because Julibot´s English isn´t the best), and also, there probably wouldn´t be a way to contact us face-to-face, because we live in Germany (explaining the bad English).

Tools? Well, I don´t exactly know what you mean by this. If you mean what we´d use to program, well, currently nothing, it determines on what you´re able to use (since we can´t program). I mean, I´ve used Gamemaker Studio once or twice, but I don´t think that counts.

You would have creative influences, of course. Basically, you would have creative freedom just like us, but for any major changes, I think you should tell us, so that we can work with that as well.

I hope that covers some of it.

Also, I don´t expect you to just agree for no reason. It´s completely understandable if you disagree, and I don´t expect anyone to agree. 

Have a nice day.

PS. Getting Experience is one of, if not our primary reason to do this.

PPS: Excuse my awful English, I hope you can read it.

Thanks for the clarification, and no need to apologize for your English. (I couldn't even tell you were foreign from your post!)

Honestly I wasn't expecting any payment to begin with, and I was mainly asking about other tools being used (for art and music) since those could impact what gets used to program the game. Glad to hear about the creative freedom though, that's definitely a positive aspect of this offer.

Anyways I appreciate the extra details and I'll be sure to send you a PM if I'm interested  :-)