Mr. Hatty

What Games Have Just Finished?

82 posts in this topic

I just finished playing through The Witcher 2 and it is such an amazing game would recommend to anyone (if you can invest the time because it is a slow start) And only 6 achievements from 100% however not sure whether to do it on insane difficultly. I don't know what to move onto next. 

Edited by Abz2141

I beat four games at the same time today, I'm pretty proud of myself

W6PIqWf.jpg

(Shameless plug: if you wanna be cool too and play Space Stars then you can learn more about it here)

Can't wait to get started on the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection

I beat Xenoverse, then I got 100% in Rocket League, then I beat Styx: Master of Shadows.

Now I'm grinding through Toukiden: Kiwami. I probably won't be finishing it anytime soon though, since that game is like a Monster Hunter/Dynasty Warriors crossover and hence requires a lot of hours playtime.

Also I'm really tempted to buy Guilty Gear Xrd whilst it's on sale for just £20...

Im currently on Dark Souls. Not sure where I am, but there is a guy with a sarcastic accent who constantly spawn-kills me for reasons I dont know. Im probably not even 5% through.

Sounds like you attacked the guy at Firelink Shrine. Honestly you might just wanna restart, you're not very far along yet and he's gonna keep doing that to you whenever you're in that area unless you run away, which is really bad since that's your only bonfire at this point in the game. Be careful around the NPCs!

Sorry I didnt see this until just now....

Yeah, I probably will restart. At least this incident started an in-house joke whenever Im doing split-screen with someone.

*Owns brothers in epic fashion*

"Well thats just embarassing. How'd you let me do that to you?" xD

In other news, yesterday, I was playing Spelunky, and I got from the Mines, level 1-1 ALL THE WAY through to level 4-4, the semi-final boss Olmec. I had enough bombs to smash a hole in anything, and a jetpack, Freeze Ray, and all sorts. And I died. And it resets whenever you die, back to 1-1 with no items. I almost finished the game though, kind of.

Edited by Jamma003

I have finished Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker now to move onto Metal Gear Solid 2 and then Metal Gear Solid 4.

Trying to complete/replay most of the Metal Gear franchise in chronological order before Phantom Pain comes out. As soon as I'm done with Metal Gear Solid 2 that will be the HD collection done with. 

Just beat Danganronpa 1. Good stuff. Not sure how the sequel or the upcomming spinoff is going to do compared to the original.

In other news, yesterday, I was playing Spelunky, and I got from the Mines, level 1-1 ALL THE WAY through to level 4-4, the semi-final boss Olmec. I had enough bombs to smash a hole in anything, and a jetpack, Freeze Ray, and all sorts. And I died. And it resets whenever you die, back to 1-1 with no items. I almost finished the game though, kind of.

Spelunky is incredibly unforgiving, I'm sad to say I've totally given up on ever beating that game. I managed to beat Olmec once by starting at the Temple, but I could never get to the Golden Temple level to get the true ending.

About to beat Fallout. To be honest, it's the first time i've felt intrigued for a classic RPG and the first time i've played a cRPG 10 hours non-stop. The only thing left is talking to/killing the Master. I'm hyped and ready; my super sledge demands blood, and my conscience demands diplomacy.

Just beat the Story mode in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle. Overall this is a pretty fantastic game, I can tell tons and tons of work was put into each character and no two characters feel even remotely similar. Some characters seem completely useless against others (Baron Zeppeli comes to mind) and likewise some characters are pretty much insta-wins in certain scenarios (like Father Pucchi after activating Made in Heaven), but all characters are usable to some extent. I'm tempted to buy all of the DLC characters too, there are like 8 of them which is kind of crazy but I'm totally okay with dropping $50 or whatever on DLC for this game. I recommend JJBA All Star Battle to anyone who's a fan of Jojo and doesn't mind having the general storyline spoiled for them, up to Jojolion.

Just beat the Story mode in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle. Overall this is a pretty fantastic game, I can tell tons and tons of work was put into each character and no two characters feel even remotely similar. Some characters seem completely useless against others (Baron Zeppeli comes to mind) and likewise some characters are pretty much insta-wins in certain scenarios (like Father Pucchi after activating Made in Heaven), but all characters are usable to some extent. I'm tempted to buy all of the DLC characters too, there are like 8 of them which is kind of crazy but I'm totally okay with dropping $50 or whatever on DLC for this game. I recommend JJBA All Star Battle to anyone who's a fan of Jojo and doesn't mind having the general storyline spoiled for them, up to Jojolion.

Yo I still need to go back and 100% that game. I was gonna' use it to get into the story after Part3, but I ended up just reading the manga instead...although I'm about halfway through reading Part5 and I'm starting to lose interest, so I might just go back and play the game for an overview of the newer parts instead.

EDIT

Also I recently beat Story & Arcade modes in GGXrd. Great game - one of the most complete 2D fighters I've ever played, although the limited character roster is a let-down. Massive shame the EU version has been abandoned by the devs too (no game balancing updates or DLC characters for us...). Just M.O.M. and the Challenge/Mission modes to go! After that I should probably go back and finish Toukiden...but that game gets pretty boring pretty fast. It would be a much better game if the fights were more dynamic or there were more than just a handful of Oni types. Still a good game, though.

Edited by Chris

I just finished Kameo - Elements of Power for the first time since 2005,  probably going to try a Viva Pinata game soon.

Thanks to PS+, I got to experience LIMBO for the first time. I gotta say, there aren't many developers out there that can make such an interesting game with such unique puzzles. The length was perfect too.

8/10

I beat PvZ, and in doing so, I got every plant, found every zombie, fully upgraded my house, and bought everything. Good game, I know I'm a little late, but I got it with the games with gold :-P I dont really have any money to buy games, so I can't really buy any games...

I've been playing a lot of games recently! I got 100% completion on Jak & Daxter for PS2 the other day, in one sitting, on my first playthrough of the game. I really liked it, definitely one of the coolest 3D platformers I've played. It was pretty short, but I can understand that considering it's an early PS2 game. It got pretty frustrating later on; I wound up having to use a guide to figure out how to get one or two of the later power cells (like the one where you have to shoot the centipede-like monsters in first-person mode, which I didn't even know existed), but overall it was a fun experience. Definitely makes me wanna play more of Naughty Dog's older stuff. I got started on Jak 2 today as well but I can tell I won't have time to beat it before I move for school and I won't be taking my PS2 with me, so I'll save that one for winter break.

I also "beat" Super Monkey Ball for Gamecube with my friend today. He and I have been whittling away at Expert mode for a while now and we finally got to the end. I also managed to unlock the extra levels for Advanced mode by completing Advanced without dying, which was pretty rad. (I guess I still need to unlock the Expert extra levels and Master mode, but I'm pretty satisfied for now.) I love the Monkey Ball games and this game could easily be my favorite one of the bunch; I have fond memories of playing 4-player Monkey Target at my cousins' house, and Super Monkey Ball Jr for GBA (which is pretty close to being the same game) was the first video game I ever owned, and I spent tons of time on that. I still love picking up Super Monkey Ball now and then to play around with it, and I'm pretty ecstatic to have finally beaten Expert mode. Time to practice the heck out of that and beat it without losing any continues, I guess!

I've been playing a lot of games recently! I got 100% completion on Jak & Daxter for PS2 the other day, in one sitting, on my first playthrough of the game. I really liked it, definitely one of the coolest 3D platformers I've played. It was pretty short, but I can understand that considering it's an early PS2 game. It got pretty frustrating later on; I wound up having to use a guide to figure out how to get one or two of the later power cells (like the one where you have to shoot the centipede-like monsters in first-person mode, which I didn't even know existed), but overall it was a fun experience. Definitely makes me wanna play more of Naughty Dog's older stuff. I got started on Jak 2 today as well but I can tell I won't have time to beat it before I move for school and I won't be taking my PS2 with me, so I'll save that one for winter break.

I also "beat" Super Monkey Ball for Gamecube with my friend today. He and I have been whittling away at Expert mode for a while now and we finally got to the end. I also managed to unlock the extra levels for Advanced mode by completing Advanced without dying, which was pretty rad. (I guess I still need to unlock the Expert extra levels and Master mode, but I'm pretty satisfied for now.) I love the Monkey Ball games and this game could easily be my favorite one of the bunch; I have fond memories of playing 4-player Monkey Target at my cousins' house, and Super Monkey Ball Jr for GBA (which is pretty close to being the same game) was the first video game I ever owned, and I spent tons of time on that. I still love picking up Super Monkey Ball now and then to play around with it, and I'm pretty ecstatic to have finally beaten Expert mode. Time to practice the heck out of that and beat it without losing any continues, I guess!

I loved Monkey Ball when I was younger, that was so much fun to play through every week/

I beat Super Monkey Ball Ticket Blitz. Does that count?

...it's only one stage and a bonus level, but I got the perfect bonus on the latter so

Just beat Where the wild things are on the Xbox 360. It was okay, but a ton of goddamn filler. I personally liked the game more than than the movie. Super easy 1000 gamerscore.

I just beat Metal Gear on the MGS Legacy Collection last night, and I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I honestly wasn't expecting much, but it was a pretty impressive stealth game for its time. The story had a surprising amount of depth to it and seemed very cinematic towards the end, which I really liked. I loved the gameplay early on; mapping out the building and discovering new equipment to use and obstacles to get past was pretty fun. Eventually though it became a nuisance to try 8 different cards for each door just to progress, especially when I was in a gas room or had enemies chasing me. There were some annoying parts that required me to run back and forth between buildings just to pick up something and then run back, but the game did a decent job of keeping things fresh by offering new routes to go back and forth from time to time. Additionally there were some totally unfair moments where I didn't know how to progress and I had to look up a guide, only to find out that I would never have figured out what to do unless I somehow had the manual for the game. There are some points where you have to stand in a certain room and dial a very specific frequency just to make an item appear in the next room, which seems utterly pointless except to make the player take an extra step that they might never find out how to take on their own. But I digress; I highly recommend people check out the original Metal Gear if they haven't played it. It took me less than 4 hours to beat and it's cool just to see how the series started. I'm sure it doesn't compare to the rest of the MGS games but I'll have to find out.

I couldn't help but boot up Metal Gear 2 after beating Metal Gear, and wow, it's not often I can say I was blown away by the intro to a video game made in 1990. Look at this intro!! This is awesome!! The music is incredible!!

Gosh I can't wait to see what the rest of these games are like.

Finally beat Ultra Despair Girls. Not 100% done but I beat the main story.