Mr. Hatty

What Games Have Just Finished?

Chris    1,202

I beat MGSV the other day, after 80 long hours of play. I've gotta' go back and clean up 8 main missions, but I completed all the side-ops no problem along the way. 

I also tried out the PlaystationNow service using my 7-day trial earlier, and got all the trophies in Virtua Fighter 5 testing it. If I didn't know Jacky's moves from DOA5 it probably would have taken me a little longer to get them all. Shoutout to that one super-talented guy left playing ranked matches who helped me grab the online trophies.

Mr. Hatty    1,808

I beat MGSV the other day, after 80 long hours of play. I've gotta' go back and clean up 8 main missions, but I completed all the side-ops no problem along the way. 

I also tried out the PlaystationNow service using my 7-day trial earlier, and got all the trophies in Virtua Fighter 5 testing it. If I didn't know Jacky's moves from DOA5 it probably would have taken me a little longer to get them all. Shoutout to that one super-talented guy left playing ranked matches who helped me grab the online trophies.

I think I'm only 20 hours in, along with the fact that I am very slow (I only just unlocked the second continent).

Every time I intend to play another game I get sidetracked by Rock Band 4.

Scaler193    898

Has nobody else been bothered that this is called "What Games Have Just Finished" rather than "What Games Have You Just Finished"?

AdamBRT    421

Has nobody else been bothered that this is called "What Games Have Just Finished" rather than "What Games Have You Just Finished"?

I'll be honest never noticed until you pointed it out. My brain must have just filled in the blank.

I recently when back and completed Pokemon: Leaf Green, sooooo many happy memories of where most of the secret items and just knowing where to go. Also by 'completed' I mean just complete the Elite Four. 

Vinchenzo    296

I think I'm only 20 hours in, along with the fact that I am very slow (I only just unlocked the second continent).

Don't worry about play time too much, I think i'm about 50-60 hours in and only about halfway, though the way I like to play is super sneaky and not alarm anyone and as soon as I do, I restart the mission.
  • Upvote 2

AdamBRT    421

Don't worry about play time too much, I think i'm about 50-60 hours in and only about halfway, though the way I like to play is super sneaky and not alarm anyone and as soon as I do, I restart the mission.

Yeah I'm like that, managed to get FoxHound and Fox codenames though so yay. Also I'm about 80 hours playtime and only on mission 34 (roughly)

Edited by AdamBRT
  • Upvote 1

I beat Undertale. The story is amazing, the gameplay is great, the music is astounding, it's very funny, the community isn't horrible (something that's rare for most game franchise communities), and the bosses are spectacular. I've never had so many mixed feelings for defeating a final boss in a game before. I recommend anyone who can buy the game on steam should do so, it's worth the price.

brb gonna go find a way to express my hatred for how difficult one of the (optional) bosses are.

Edit: I take back the "community isn't horrible" part. It's reached FNAF and Sonic levels.

Edited by I can't play Mother 3
  • Upvote 1

GoldenGhost    2,058

I beat Undertale. The story is amazing, the gameplay is great, the music is astounding, it's very funny, the community isn't horrible (something that's rare for most game franchise communities), and the bosses are spectacular. I've never had so many mixed feelings for defeating a final boss in a game before. I recommend anyone who can buy the game on steam should do so, it's worth the price.

ICPM3 watched me complete one of the better endings last night, and I have to echo this. Like he said, the story is incredible, the writing is hilarious, the gameplay is exciting and has plenty of variety, and I totally love the soundtrack. But I'm especially impressed at the level of depth each character in the game has. I can tell that so much effort was put into making every single encounter memorable, whether it's with an enemy or a shop owner or any other NPC. This especially applies to the main characters, who can feel like genuine friends to you the more you interact with them through your character. There's so much to learn about everyone you meet and I think the simple fact that I have more to discover in this game makes me happier than anything else.

Overall I absolutely adore Undertale; it is without a doubt one of the best $10 purchases I've ever made. Anyone who overlooks this game, no excuses, is making an incredible mistake.

GoldenGhost    2,058

Well today I played two games start to finish: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, and Off. Brothers was pretty alright, I had to use keyboard controls which was horrible since the game was definitely meant for a gamepad. It's a nice short little game though, I played it start to finish in four hours and I enjoyed the visuals and the story. Definitely get it on sale if you can though.

Off was pretty awesome, it's a freeware RPG game made in 2008 and I heard about it from people who were comparing it to Undertale. I spent about 8 hours playing it and got all of the endings (to my knowledge), and it's a pretty fantastic little RPG. The story and visuals are pretty weird and creepy but it breaks the fourth wall in some super cool ways, the soundtrack is pretty rockin', and it's got a bizarre mind twist waiting for you at the end. It's totally worth checking out if you enjoy Undertale or Earthbound-esque games in general.

• Upvote 1

yugo657    450

Just finished Undertale on a Neutral and True Pacifist run. All I can say is 10/10.

The story is great, with characters helping you along the way and having a unique personality to each of them.

The battle system is something that really caught my eye while trying the demo out and I really liked it.

You can play as both a goody two-shoes or as a person who hates everyone and kills everything on his path.

Personally, it's worth the 10$ and I'd buy it again if I could.

True213    250

Child of Light

Halo 5: Guardians.

I personally dont see the problem with Halo 5's story. I thought it was good. I do wish it had local co-op though.

Child of Light was picturesque and filled with limmericks. Great game to play while waiting for other games to download fully.

GoldenGhost    2,058

Bumping this thread because I just played Pony Island, and honestly considering how much people were raving about this game I was a little unimpressed. I went into the game knowing very little, only what I had seen on the store page and in one review I read.

The gameplay was fine, I rather enjoyed hopping back and forth between puzzles and action bits. The puzzles were really interesting and there was such a variety of them to explore in such a short amount of time. The action segments which are like endless runners were pretty engaging too despite the simple setup. I was impressed with both.

What bothered me though was the story, which is what I had been hearing most of the game's praise for. I won't spoil anything because it's definitely better left to be discovered on your own, but the game felt too proud of its own cleverness at times, and the humor was rather forgettable in my opinion. I understand that Undertale kind of stole its spotlight in some areas but this is also a much shorter experience and it felt like the game was throwing as many meta-related hat tricks as it could before the curtains closed. There were two particular stunts it pulled that really floored me though, so kudos to that, but otherwise I was rather unimpressed. I didn't really like the story ending I got either, but I don't feel inclined to go back and get a better one (if one exists, which I'd hope it does). I got 9 tickets out of 24 which is bizarre to me considering I searched all over for them, and it makes me wonder if I missed a huge chunk of the experience.

Overall, Pony Island is totally worth the $5 and I don't really hate the story, but it left me sighing heavily and rolling my eyes more than it left me surprised or laughing. The few moments where it did surprise me though were quite memorable. The whole thing is a 2-hour game at most, and it's a decent ride for sure, but for what it was trying to accomplish I think it got too caught up in its own cleverness. I'd give it a 7.5/10

Now that my secret thread-revival technique has been performed... what games have you all finished recently???

Mangle    399

Undertale. I only play that game over and over because of a certain rectangular robot whose name I won't give out here. I love that thing. Not more than I do my boyfriend, but I do love it.

Morg    1,515

Fire Emblem Fates. Excellent follow up to the previous game in the series, highly recommend it.

AdamBRT    421

I know Deus Ex: Human Revolution was released 5 years ago and I played it way back when but with the upcoming release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, I decided to reply through it on the hardest difficulty (Give me Deus Ex) whilst getting the "Foxiest of the Hounds" and "Pacifist" achievements all in one playthrough. To anyone who has played Deus Ex you know how hard this can be, but in a couple of weeks I did it.

It was a lot of fun and very fulfilling getting these achievements at the end, having never completed on steam and just brushing up on my Deus Ex knowledge.

TLDR; Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a great game if you like stealth/action/story driven games, would recommend it if you haven't played it.   

Edited by AdamBRT

Revon    211

Just finished Final Fantasy VI. Maybe I went in with too high of expectations, but it did not live up to what I've been told. It has a lot going for it, but I feel it comes short, and failed to utilize the best parts to their fullest potential. Dark themes and moments are explored, but immediately undermined by spontaneous humor. I would love to see FFVI be remade a-la FFVIIR's standards. Expand upon those great elements that the game had, rework the placing of the humor (don't necessarily cut it entirely!), and dive deeper into the world and characters. If they did that, I'd gladly buy it, and maybe even see it for the "masterpiece" many claim it to be.

Mr. Hatty    1,808

I just finished Inside a few days ago.

I can't tell you why, but all of you have to play and finish Inside. All of you.

• Upvote 1

GoldenGhost    2,058

I just finished Inside a few days ago.

I can't tell you why, but all of you have to play and finish Inside. All of you.

I can't agree more with this, I finished Inside a few days ago as well and the game is a masterpiece. Playdead absolutely nailed everything about the design for the world and the pacing of the narrative. I was getting chills all throughout the game, some parts were even just nightmarish, and without overhyping it too much I can guarantee the ending will be the most memorable ending for a game you play this year

I will say the puzzle-platforming gameplay could've been taken a little farther and it's quite short to complete, but I wouldn't want it to be too much longer either because the huge amount of suspense it builds would wear down if stretched out too much. Overall I think it's an incredible game though and a definite must-play for anyone that liked Limbo

• Upvote 1

Chris    1,202

I bought Band Hero on 360 the other day for 90p. I just beat Career on Expert Guitar in an afternoon as a break from DragonAge. It was okay.

None of this will matter come Friday, though. Monster Hunter approaches...

• Upvote 1

yugo657    450
6 hours ago, Mr. Hatty said:

Hi friends, you have to check out this game SUPERHOT. It's the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

SUPERHOT is the most innovative shooter I've played in years