Mr. Hatty

What Games Have Just Finished?

GoldenGhost    2,058

I just marathoned 999 on the DS in one sitting, and damn that's some good VN right there. I know we've got a few Danganronpa fans cruising on the forums and I fully recommend 999 to anyone who enjoyed those games, it's got the same quality characters and an equally dark and twisted narrative. Had me on the edge of my seat and constantly trying to math out what was going to happen the entire game. Multiple endings is rad too; I got a pretty awful ending but thankfully I can play through the game at least one more time and choose entirely different puzzles to hopefully get a better one.

Overall 9/9, would 9 again

Chris    1,202

I finished up my first playthrough of Aragami (stealth action game, think Tenchu but with a shadow teleport gimmick) yesterday without killing a single enemy (rip PS4 framerate). It was tough but worth it in the end.

Or it would have been, if my save file didn't mess up. After finishing my no kill run yesterday afternoon and spending a bit of time in multiplayer yesterday evening, I spent a couple hours this morning beating the first 3 chapters killing all enemies without detection (because its kind of tough doing both at once). But I just started the game back up this afternoon and the game has reverted my progress back to the second to last chapter of my no-kill run.

I still have the trophies as proof of completion, but my cool skins and hard work just got thrown out the window. Now I'm scared to go back and finish up my all kills no detections run in case it messes up my save again. :-(

Mr. Hatty    1,808

I just finished Dead Rising 4

I hate to be reductionist but I think that entire game is garbage. Worse yet, the Overtime mode which is the only way to see the 'True Ending' in all the Dead Rising games, wasn't included in DR4 and is instead being released as paid DLC later (or as a part of its season pass).

So not only did I pay money for this game that tarnishes the reputation of one of my favorite game franchises ever, if I want to actually see the epilogue I will have to spend even more money.

Don't play this game guys, if anyone is interested in the series just pick up the DR1 & 2 ports recently released on XB1/PS4, they're super solid and still hold up as great games. Hell, Dead Rising 3 is pretty great in its own right despite being a half-step in the direction of the awfulness that is DR4.

Mr. Hatty    1,808

Bumping to say I beat Zelda: Breath of the Wild earlier in the week on the Switch.

I have 300 games on my Xbox One and only 3 games on my Switch, yet I only want to use the Switch. I've finished Zelda after 65 hours of playtime and I have literally several hundred unfinished games on my Xbox waiting for me to go back to and complete or in some cases start.

But I just keep playing Zelda.

This might be the best game ever made. I can't recommend it enough. Go play it. Go buy a Switch or a Wii U, whatever you can do, go play it.