• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
Mr. Hatty

What Games Have Just Finished?

I have personally gotten to the point where I realize that I have finished less than 10% of the games I own, which is really not great. So I have decided to become much more focused on actually finishing my games now, as I've always had trouble seeing them through to the end.

This thread can act as a bit of a companion to the "What Game Are You Playing ATM?" Thread, except in here, discuss which games you have conquered, whether it be finishing the story or a full 100%, celebrate the freedom of being able to move on knowing that you got the full story of your game.

Personally, I just finished Batman: Arkham Knight a few days ago, hopefully I'll have more to share in this thread soon as I finish up some games that I abandoned right before the final encounters

I've recently finished Transistor, Metal Gear Solid V: GZ (without most side ops) and Dark Souls on Steam, not 100% obviously, since right now I really need to move on. Right now i'm *kind* of starting Apotheon, Shadow of Mordor, and plan on finishing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, since I've been looking forward to finish it since December.

• Upvote 2

I've recently finished Transistor, Metal Gear Solid V: GZ (without most side ops) and Dark Souls on Steam, not 100% obviously, since right now I really need to move on. Right now i'm *kind* of starting Apotheon, Shadow of Mordor, and plan on finishing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, since I've been looking forward to finish it since December.

I just finished Dark Souls recently as well, I absolutely loved the first 2/3rds or so of it but honestly it sloped down quite a bit towards the end. What kinds of stuff did you have? I had a Zweihander+15, an Eagle Shield+15, a maxed-out advanced Pyromancy Hand with Great Chaos Fireball, and some healing miracles. In terms of armor I just maxed out the Black Iron armor set (took a lot of endurance but it was worth it)

• Upvote 2

I am about 90% done with my SL1 level run on Dark Souls, but I have recently gotten into  MGS:Peace Walker, I have to say it is a fantastic game and I am surprised how much content it had on the disc for being a PSP game. Once I am done with the story mode I plan to redo all the missions for S Rank as well as the monster hunter missions. The funny thing about Peace Walker is that you obtain a banana for beating the game (I think) and you can use it to hold up enemies. Nothing says "obey me" like a banana!

• Upvote 3

I'm about 70% complete (story) with 4 games so I'm planning on rounding them up and finishing them which are: The Witcher 2, Wold Among Us, Fallout: New Vegas (4th time) and Bioshock Infinite (1999 mode without using a dollar bill machine).

After I'm done with these I will be finishing Xcom: Enemy Unknown (Ironman) and I'm 30% through Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker  

• Upvote 1

I just finished Dark Souls recently as well, I absolutely loved the first 2/3rds or so of it but honestly it sloped down quite a bit towards the end. What kinds of stuff did you have? I had a Zweihander+15, an Eagle Shield+15, a maxed-out advanced Pyromancy Hand with Great Chaos Fireball, and some healing miracles. In terms of armor I just maxed out the Black Iron armor set (took a lot of endurance but it was worth it)

Yeah, the last parts of the game were a bit easy, compared to how punishing everything was before Anor Londo. Pretty much killed all the Lord Soul fragment owners in a single day, except for the Bed of Chaos.

My current build is Dexterity/Resistance, and I keep using (because I started NG+ but I guess I won't be playing it anytime soon) a +15 Falchion, and a +8 Balder Shield, with non-upgraded Silver Knight Armor. I rushed the game in the last bits so I never got to play any of the DLC or explore a little bit more. :P

I'm working on getting the Platinum trophy in Persona 4: Golden which requires a bunch of playthroughs, but the completionist feeling is worth it.

I'm also gonna work on finishing Bloodborne. Really good game.

• Upvote 1

I always try and beat the games I buy, though not necessarily complete them 100%. I have a dedicated category for games I haven't beaten yet on Steam and I have a list of everything else on paper. Although recently I haven't had too much time for games, so the list is at it's longest yet...

Focusing on DBXenoverse, JJBA:All Star Battle, J Stars Victory Vs+, Pokemon OR & Fallout:New Vegas at the minute.  Lots of 3D arena brawlers I can switch my brain off to on there lol.

Haven't really been so focused on getting 100% on a game recently, from recent memory I did 100% Sonic Adventure 2 Battle but that's about it.

I just finished dying light on my xbox one, after getting it in April, I honestly avoided playing it for awhile as zombie/open world games give me headaches. It was good, probably one of the best zombie games I've played.

• Upvote 1

Focusing on DBXenoverse, JJBA:All Star Battle, J Stars Victory Vs+, Pokemon OR & Fallout:New Vegas at the minute. Lots of 3D arena brawlers I can switch my brain off to on there lol.

How are JJBA: All Star Battle and J Stars Victory Vs+? I'm getting a PS3 soon and both of those games caught my interest. I've heard mixed things about both but I don't know too much about either of them, so what are your opinions on them?

Also lately I've been playing Fire Emblem If, so I'm trying to finish up my first playthrough this week. I picked the Hoshido path, which despite being the easier route has been rather challenging at some parts. Maybe they expect you to do lots of grinding since it's available to you (or maybe I just suck at Fire Emblem). Judging by Awakening's length, I imagine I'm about 50% of the way through the game right now, and the difficulty is really ramping up. I can't imagine what Nohr will be like.

I'm not as focused on 100% completing things as I used to, mainly because I'm trying to figure out how to escape the personal hell I'm in, but recently, I have 100% completed FNAF 1 & 2 (still working on 3 though), Splatoon, and Hatoful Boyfriend. I'm currently 92% done with The Binding of Isaac Rebirth, but I have gotten to the point where most of the achievements I have left require The Lost, so I'm going to wait until either the DLC releases or Mr. Hatty or GoldenGhost decide to catch up with me before I play that game again. I may not be the first one here to 100% complete that game, but I will make it my goal to 100% complete the game before they do.

Focusing on DBXenoverse, JJBA:All Star Battle, J Stars Victory Vs+, Pokemon OR & Fallout:New Vegas at the minute. Lots of 3D arena brawlers I can switch my brain off to on there lol.

How are JJBA: All Star Battle and J Stars Victory Vs+? I'm getting a PS3 soon and both of those games caught my interest. I've heard mixed things about both but I don't know too much about either of them, so what are your opinions on them?

I wasn't going to write up much but I did anyway. :-P

JJBA:ASB is a 3D brawler disguised as a 2.5D fighter. At first glance the game seems much deeper than it actually is. Most fights can be won using a few super moves. Although the fighting isn't very deep, the special moves are very flashy and satisfying to land. The game itself has great graphical style. If you're a fan of JJBA I'd say it's worth picking up for the low price it sells for these days. If you've never read the manga/seen the anime be prepared for a lot of weirdness.

J Stars Victory Vs+ is pretty much the same story. If you've ever played any of the Naruto or One Piece fighting games then you'll recognise the gameplay straight away. The 4 story modes in the game can become a little repetitive (especially since you have to stick to using 3 characters per "arc") with side-quests and random encounters happening all over the place, but the flashy moves and interesting characters make up for that (somewhat). There's a lot of comedy between the characters from the different JUMP series, too. If you recognise half of the roster then it's probably a game you'll enjoy. Not much longevity or depth, though.

I recently finished Dishonored without killing or alerting anyone, and I also finished.... oh wait, I hardly finish anything...

I wasn't going to write up much but I did anyway. :-P

JJBA:ASB is a 3D brawler disguised as a 2.5D fighter. At first glance the game seems much deeper than it actually is. Most fights can be won using a few super moves. Although the fighting isn't very deep, the special moves are very flashy and satisfying to land. The game itself has great graphical style. If you're a fan of JJBA I'd say it's worth picking up for the low price it sells for these days. If you've never read the manga/seen the anime be prepared for a lot of weirdness.

J Stars Victory Vs+ is pretty much the same story. If you've ever played any of the Naruto or One Piece fighting games then you'll recognise the gameplay straight away. The 4 story modes in the game can become a little repetitive (especially since you have to stick to using 3 characters per "arc") with side-quests and random encounters happening all over the place, but the flashy moves and interesting characters make up for that (somewhat). There's a lot of comedy between the characters from the different JUMP series, too. If you recognise half of the roster then it's probably a game you'll enjoy. Not much longevity or depth, though.

Thanks for the details, I checked out some gameplay of both and they did look pretty fun. I'm more a fan of JJBA than JUMP in general, and JJBA:ASB especially looked like something I'd enjoy, so I'll probably buy that one first. J Stars looked pretty great too and I'm a huge fan of crossover fighting games even if I don't recognize some of the characters (like in Tatsunoko vs Capcom, another game which I've "finished" recently by finally unlocking all of the characters), but I probably won't pick it up right away because filthy Chitoge is in it I just flat-out didn't know most of the roster in this one.

• Upvote 1

This morning I finally went back to Ori and the Blind Forest and finished it. Such a beautiful and amazing game.

It also holds the distinction of being the only Metroidvaina title I've played that has held my interest long enough for me to actually finish (unless you count Arkham Asylum which could technically fit into the category).

Great game, I'd recommend it to anyone who has an Xbox One or Steam.

• Upvote 2

It hasn't been until recently that I've been buying games faster than I beat others. Damn having a source of income! I play a lot of mobas as well so you can never really finish those games. But I have been trying to cut back and complete games, I have plenty to go on my checklist, but I proud myself in how many games I actually decide to sit down and finish, rather than play them and never touch em again. Even if I dont like the game, I started that journey and I have to complete it.

• Upvote 1

Finished Mario Galaxy 2 100% just a month or two ago, I can honestly say the perfect run gave me nowhere near as much trouble as everyone built up how much trouble it would be. The fourth segment in the final level is probably the hardest to do, and that's just because there's so much bait they use to try and kill yourself with.

I just started up Pikmin 2 again and I'm gonna see if I can beat it 100% before the smash tourney that we're having on the forums, putting it in perspective it will probably just take 3 days and lot of play time.

Also to anyone who cares, I'm gonna be trying to complete Xenoblade Chronicles  to as much of it as I can get completed but that's probably not going to be done until september.

• Upvote 2

I got 100% on J Stars Victory Vs+ the other day. It wasn't too tough, just kinda' time consuming. Now I feel like I've seen everything the game has to offer I'll probably just trade it in, since the 2P modes in the game are kinda' lame. The framerate drops & each player is given just 25% of the screen to play on, which isn't great especially on my small monitor.

Onto Xenoverse!

• Upvote 1

Im currently on Dark Souls. Not sure where I am, but there is a guy with a sarcastic accent who constantly spawn-kills me for reasons I dont know. Im probably not even 5% through.

Im currently on Dark Souls. Not sure where I am, but there is a guy with a sarcastic accent who constantly spawn-kills me for reasons I dont know. Im probably not even 5% through.

After you finished the tutorial, did you happen to try to kill the first guy who tries to give you a quest?

Because I totally did that the first time I played and he consistently spawn killed me afterwards while speaking sarcastically.

Also, I 100%'d ( lol ) Cubix: Robots For Everyone: Showdown with some friends the other day. I've beaten it before, but it's a fun short romp and my friends all enjoy it's simplicity as well. Basically a really limited and not great pokemon clone, but I have way too much fun with it.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like you attacked the guy at Firelink Shrine. Honestly you might just wanna restart, you're not very far along yet and he's gonna keep doing that to you whenever you're in that area unless you run away, which is really bad since that's your only bonfire at this point in the game. Be careful around the NPCs!

• Upvote 1

Whoa, the thread revived.

I just finished Shovel Knight and Apotheon, both great games. I'm moving on to AAA games for now. Oh, also, still haven't finished Borderlands The Pre-Sequel hehe

• Upvote 1