• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
megan

“Game 4” Will Henceforth Be Known As “Pit People”!

pplogoforblog.jpg

Pit People – by The Behemoth

The Pit is the place where our story’s heroes get a fresh start in life! It’s basically what you and I know more commonly as an arena. As you may remember from our announcement trailer, the story starts off right as the giant bear from space shattered the planet…

PitPeople_BearHitsPlanet.jpg

PitPeople_AWelcome.png

Through the chaos, Horatio, Pipistrella, Yosef, Sofia, and Gluten have found each other. They’ve formed a team to conquer each untimely obstacle.

PitPeopleConceptArtHELLO.jpg

Pit People was the name written on the original concept sketch that started it all. Every interaction took place in an arena. Over time, adventuring became a big part of the game. However, a key moment in the story now occurs in the Pit, and so the name remained! In the end, we’re in the beginning!!!!!!!!!!

Oh! Now that we have a name we can have a website!!!!! Look at it!!!!!!!

ppcupcake.jpg

Join us in the Pit!

• Upvote 14

I shall say, Pit People sure is a nice name for a game like this. I don't know if I will be able to get the game on Xbox One upon its release, but I do look forward to the Steam version! :-D

Edited by Mangle

I think its going to be a bit strange hearing people telling me how much they love "PP" but other than that, I cannot wait to finally go full tryhard on another game since BBT.

• Upvote 3

Is this the quickest you guys have came up with a name since you've had it since like the beginning?

I'm excite.

• Upvote 3

Much more straightforward of a name than Battleblock Theater.

As always, it'll take some time to get used to the change, but the alliteration is always welcome.

The name's simplicity reminds me of Castle Crashers'.

What's the game about? Crashing castles. Okay.

What's the game about? Pit People? Okay.

Whereas with Battleblock Theater, as much as I like the name, it didn't do much to explain what you really do or what the game was about.

Not that the name really matters, once people see "From the creators of Castle Crashers" then it will sell.

One step closer to a release date now!

• Upvote 3

As always, it'll take some time to get used to the change, but the alliteration is always welcome.

Whereas with Battleblock Theater, as much as I like the name, it didn't do much to explain what you really do or what the game was about.

Not that the name really matters, once people see "From the creators of Castle Crashers" then it will sell.

Completely forgetting Alien Hominid wow.

Anyways Pit People is a catchy name, but it will take some time getting use to it. Looking forward to see what else you guys got in store for us.

• Upvote 2

Completely forgetting Alien Hominid wow.

Anyways Pit People is a catchy name, but it will take some time getting use to it. Looking forward to see what else you guys got in store for us.

Well by these standards we might as well start calling BattleBlock Theater Spikey Death-Filled Cat Game instead... :-D

I will agree thought, the alliteration is nice to see. It helps it be catchier, and all hip and on fleek wid da kool kidz.

I wasn't a huge fan of "Pit People" when I first heard it, but it's really grown on me since last night. It's super catchy and outlines the game well.

heh, pee pee.

• Upvote 5

Alright, so Pit People has grown on me significantly, and when you think about the game it fits really well.

But that logo... It was love at first sight. (Seriously sick job on the logo.)

• Upvote 2

My main question is, will the Pit People be sold as a hard copy?

I would highly doubt that, they might possibly do something along the lines of selling a card to download the game, but the only game they made a physical copy of was Alien Hominid, if I remember correctly.

• Upvote 3

My main question is, will the Pit People be sold as a hard copy?

I would highly doubt that, they might possibly do something along the lines of selling a card to download the game, but the only game they made a physical copy of was Alien Hominid, if I remember correctly.

Yeah Alien Hominid got a physical release for PS2, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance and (I think) Xbox.

Pretty sure the upcoming Castle Crashers: Definitive Edition is getting a physical release though? Could be wrong, I haven't done any research to verify.

I think its going to be a bit strange hearing people telling me how much they love "PP" but other than that, I cannot wait to finally go full tryhard on another game since BBT.

Is it? Is it going to be strange though? I think we've all heard stranger things... lol

• Upvote 5

Is it? Is it going to be strange though? I think we've all heard stranger things... lol

Megan, this is all quotable...
  • Upvote 1

Megan, this is all quotable...

Is it strange I'm the first one to change my avatar from Iwata to something extremely adorable like Little Springtrap? Yes? Alright then.

Pit People is a name I kind of disliked at first, but I'm sure I'll grow to like it. The name is only one aspect of a game that looks pretty grand.

• Upvote 1

Alright, break up you two.

On the topic of the game itself, will Pit People have a free trial sometime near release, similar to Castle Crashers and BBT?

• Upvote 1

The Facebook post is offensive and weird

I cannot join you in the pit, I didn't want to go in there anyways, GoldenGhost is gonna $&@-(?! kill me when I get my -/: in dere

I will so get this game it looks beyond awesome! Will there be a collectors edition disc or something?

Will this get a release date soon?

It looks a little like Final Fantasy Tactics, was that on purpose?

SOOOOO hyped for this release!

Behemoth, you are my favourite game developers!

:-P  :-P  :-P  :-P  :-P  :-P  :-P  :-P  :-P  :-P  :-P  :-P  :-P  :-P  :-P