• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/

Dopamine games are games like Candy Crush which are easy and have no plot. You could be playing a Behemoth game, but you are instead playing Candy Crush, Clash of Clans, and Dragon City. What dopamine games have you played? What is your opinion on dopamine games?

I refer to them as iOS games, where most of these kind of games live. They're not very good games, with the whole microtransactions concept and a lot of money for little content.

• Upvote 2

I don't consider them "Games", I consider them sources of entertainment. Like a video or a picture-

AND SERIOUSLY MORG THAT SIGNATURE IS SO DISTRACTING.

• Upvote 2

People have spent over $100 on Candy Crush because they don't want to wait. I played it once before, and I usually delete games a lot, so I deleted it for being a waste of time. The only games that aren't dopamine games on the App Store are GTA games, COD, and World of Tanks Blitz. And a lot of games we play now are dopamine games. Terraria, Minecraft, Agar.io, and more are dopamine games.

Edited by RedHotSword3256

I don't really consider Minecraft one of those games. It DOES have a story, albeit a loose one, but a story never the less. Plus once you buy the game once, you can just go on thousands of different servers and play various games through add-ons and all that.

• Upvote 1

What is the plot? I only like Terraria and Minecraft. I am not a fan of Agar.io. It is just a game where you eat bubbles to become a big bubble. And there are no achievements.

What is the plot? I only like Terraria and Minecraft. I am not a fan of Agar.io. It is just a game where you eat bubbles to become a big bubble. And there are no achievements.

Achievements don't make a game. They exist just to reward the player for doing something. I hate how people judge a game depending on if it has achievements or not, or if the graphics aren't as good as another game, etc.

• Upvote 1

I see people that play that kind of thing 24/7 and can only wonder how they find that fun, I've tried playing Candy Crush, I only lasted 5 minutes before moving on to another mobile game.

Some people are more into casual gaming, rather than others who want to get into a story and be invited into the game setting.

Search up Candy crush designed to addict on YouTube. Click the first video. We could be killing things, but we are crushing candies. Wow.

Perhaps not every gamer wants to kill human beings of have blood everywhere, rather, enjoy a family-friendly experience.

• Upvote 3

Search up Candy crush designed to addict on YouTube. Click the first video. We could be killing things, but we are crushing candies. Wow.

Perhaps not every gamer wants to kill human beings of have blood everywhere, rather, enjoy a family-friendly experience.

I was not saying killing humans. Aliens from Halo. Zombies in COD and Left 4 Dead. Enemies in PvZ Garden Warfare.

I was not saying killing humans. Aliens from Halo. Zombies in COD and Left 4 Dead. Enemies in PvZ Garden Warfare.

No, but killing things don't need to be a video game requirement. You can crush candy and stuff teddy bears and still be alright.

• Upvote 1

Alright guys let's keep this thread on topic please.

I've sampled a few "dopamine games" like Tiny Tower and the Simpsons' Tapped Out game, and honestly I just can't stand them. My life isn't so boring that my schedule revolves around when my little dudes finish building something and I can order them to do something else. I don't even know why they bother adding microtransactions in those because there's no way I'm ever spending money on mobile F2P junk.

• Upvote 3

First off, your opinions are yours alone, which I will respect, but the moment you try to tell others that your opinion is right and theirs are wrong, that crosses a line. Watch your responses.

Dopamine games are games like Candy Crush which are easy and have no plot. You could be playing a Behemoth game, but you are instead playing Candy Crush, Clash of Clans, and Dragon City. What dopamine games have you played? What is your opinion on dopamine games?

First off, you're trying to specify a vastly common type of game, which is hard to do. No plot? Okay, go to any indie Steam game under $2. Easy? Heeeellloooo, have you even PLAYED some of the video games from 10 years back? They don't hold your hand like the games of today. If you want to play it, you have to be quick thinking and know your moves.

Secondly, you've named 3 mobile games with in-app purchases and are trying to compare them to major console franchises. You can't compare apples to oranges. In-app purchases are optional -let me repeat that- optional. I play many mobile games, including Clash of Clans, Tiny Tower, and 2-Dots. They all have in-app purchases, which I choose to avoid. Mostly because I don't have money, but also because I don't like to take the easy way out. I want to earn things, and waiting to then receive that pride and gratification of what I did is enjoyable for me.

Finally, you're contradicting yourself. You've labeled these so called "dopamine games" as easy and/or lackluster story games, and then said games like Plants vs. Zombies, Call of Duty, World of Tanks, and the GTA iFruit app as the better, elitist in a sense, games of this era. Plants vs. Zombies is a super easy game with practically no story that you don't learn from the title. The Call of Duty series features a short, bland, "I don't have internet but still want to shoot things" campaign mode, but the main feature is the online interaction. World of Tanks, oh World of Tanks... THE STORY IS THE FRIGGIN' NAME! And finally, the GTA iFruit app, which is an add-on to GTA V for bonus features that have no meaningful role. By your definition, these are all "dopamine games", yet you're trying to say they're not.

If you don't like all the "dopamine games", you might as well stop gaming.

Edited by A C Cret

I think they're mainly played by casuals to kill time and while I don't have a problem with them or anyone who plays them, I personally don't see the appeal. 

Also, anyone who only plays those games and considers themselves a gamer is no true Scotsman :-P

Floating Point, that's a free game on Steam with no plot, it's a relaxing game where you're a red dot with a grappling hook and you use it travel around the screen. It's pretty fun and from the developer of Gunpoint.

Edited by TheRoosterHead

Eh, I play Sonic Dash sometimes when I'm waiting around somewhere and don't have anything else to do.

But I'm not a huge 'mobile/iOS' gamer.

I understand the appeal of those types of games, though. I know plenty of people who enjoy F2P mobile games and haven't spent a single penny on them.

Edited by Chris
  • Upvote 1