• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

FALL SALE! 25% OFF select merch   10/16/2017

Time to stock up on all of our autumn appropriate threads and accessories!

From now thru October 22, 2017 (11:59PM PST), we’ve got sweatshirts and warm plush hats on sale at 25% OFF in our online store! There are also a few other rad items like the Behemoth scarf, skate decks, and the Hatty tissue box cover on sale.

See the full list of Fall items here: FALL SALE

This thread is for sharing any videos related to Super Smash Bros, as well as discussing the competitive side of the Smash Bros series. Wanna talk about your favorite Melee players? Wanna share that radical Pichu combo video you just made? Wanna complain about Etika's hairdo? This is the thread to do so!

So to start this off, did you watch any of Melee or Smash 4 at Evo this year? What did you think?

pGBk4XH.jpg

• Upvote 2

Awesome, very glad we're getting a separate thread for this. Melee Evo finals were bittersweet. I was rooting for HBox the whole time, but it can't be denied that Armada is one of the best and most deserving players in the scene.

LEFFEN IS 2 OLD THO BRO

I watched both.

For Smash 4, the grand finals were boring and anticlimactic (in my opinion). I'm really happy that Abadango made it to 4th though, he's awesome.

Melee, I wanted HBox to win, but whatever, Armada also kinda plays as Peach so he was pretty much the other player I would be satisfied with winning. I wish Axe beat Leffen, but he got beat by Plup's Samus, so, ha. Mooninite is awesome for playing as Kirby, even though he lost, but that Falco was a cocky little turd and I'm glad Mooninite slammed him as Captain Falcon.

Apparently some 13 year old came third in Project M as Game and Watch. That's pretty cool, even though only, like, five people entered.

• Upvote 1

EVO's Melee stream was watched by a lot more people than SSB4's stream. That's astonishing for me.

I can't comment on any other things since I don't follow closely those competitive scenes.

I was really impressed by Hungrybox's performance. I'm surprised that he's been able to keep the Jigglypuff camping strat alive for so long, especially against a quickly adapting community. He said in a pre-EVO 'interview' that he'd be fine with losing as long as he stopped Mang0 from winning, and took down the Swedes. While he only took down 1 on the Swedish players, he took down Mang0 and beat Dr PP too, so he's accomplished his EVO goals for the most part. Before EVO, he said he was going to put Melee on the backburner and focus on more important things in life, so it's great that he got to go out with a bang.

EVO's Melee stream was watched by a lot more people than SSB4's stream. That's astonishing for me.

I can't comment on any other things since I don't follow closely those competitive scenes.

I always think of melee as being a bigger spectacle to watch because it has a lot more technical stuff in the game than compared to other smash titles. I did watch GF for sm4sh and was quite surprised how fast they were moving their characters, and then saw zero use choose diddy kong on the character select screen, and knew he already won because of that jank. 

As Mr.Hatty simply put it; "Smash 4 is fun to play, but melee is fun to watch."

• Upvote 3

So a friend of mine has actually been getting into the local tournament scene where I live. He challenged me to some online matches of Sm4sh and absolutely wrecked me every single time. One of the worst of them he decided to upload as a replay to YouTube:

So a friend of mine has actually been getting into the local tournament scene where I live. He challenged me to some online matches of Sm4sh and absolutely wrecked me every single time. One of the worst of them he decided to upload as a replay to YouTube:

I'm sorry Zane but that is one of the most basic Ness's I have ever seen

I didn't watch much of EVO 2015 at all, only the Melee matches with Ken from Survivor (SephirothKen/LiquidKen).  I was really impressed with him getting 13th because he hadn't been very important on the competitive seen since 2007/2008

Obviously Mr. Lz is amazing, but God damn, Mr. Game and Watch looks so frustrating to play against.

He is because with the lack of animation on his attacks, it's hard to tell what attack happens when, and not many people main him so it's in general difficult to know the matchup well.

Obviously Mr. Lz is amazing, but God damn, Mr. Game and Watch looks so frustrating to play against.

He is because with the lack of animation on his attacks, it's hard to tell what attack happens when, and not many people main him so it's in general difficult to know the matchup well.

And also his hitboxes linger for much longer than most of the cast, that throws a lot of people off.