Hazard

Hazard's Castle Crashers Weapon Guide

Hazard    394

Wow, you really like agility weapons.  I'm finding myself using Ribeye almost as much as Snakey Mace at this point.  I find that once you get the 25 base agility, you don't have to worry too much about -Agility at least for movement and arrow speed, although damage gets screwed. [Then again I use Snakey Mace, which has +3]  I know all the people with Solid Gold use Wood Club and Snakey Mace, and the Arena players use Ribeye.

• Upvote 1

I see. I personally don't like the Club either way, even though it has a lot of Strength and Defense, I absolutely hate it just because of it's negative Agility (plus I like the Gold Skull Mace more :3)

Agility is my favorite stat if I didn't already make that clear enough btw :P

Hazard    394

I see. I personally don't like the Club either way, even though it has a lot of Strength and Defense, I absolutely hate it just because of it's negative Agility (plus I like the Gold Skull Mace more :3)

Agility is my favorite stat if I didn't already make that clear enough btw :P

I use the Skeletor Mace [best agility weapon] until level 78, then I switch over to Snakey Mace because that is the best overall weapon in the game (look at my explanation of it for reasoning).  I think agility is criminally underrated as well.  Character builds should go ; Agility (Level 13)  --> Defense (Level 30) --> Magic (Level 54) --> Strength (Level 78)  But what happens for the most part is the opposite.  Agility is my favorite stat, but once you have it at 25, you don't have to worry about it [unless you are an idiot that wants to use snailburt with the club]

I use the Skeletor Mace [best agility weapon] until level 78, then I switch over to Snakey Mace because that is the best overall weapon in the game (look at my explanation of it for reasoning).  I think agility is criminally underrated as well.  Character builds should go ; Agility (Level 13)  --> Defense (Level 30) --> Magic (Level 54) --> Strength (Level 78)  But what happens for the most part is the opposite.  Agility is my favorite stat, but once you have it at 25, you don't have to worry about it [unless you are an idiot that wants to use snailburt with the club]

I prefer the Sai over Skeletor Mace, because I find Strength better than Defense. 

I level up my stats like this;

Max Agility, upgrade Magic to XXXY and spread my points evenly between Strength and Defense. 

Edited by EliteDANKlord

U-Knighted    179

I'd say that the fishing rod is by far the best weapon.

Just kidding, I personally like the Glowstick. It's negative strength is great for XP grinding, the magic is fantastic for crowd/boss clears. And the defense is, well, defense. And that's great. The crit chance wasn't needed for this to be an awesome weapon, but it added to the awesomeness.

Cat Guard    246

I prefer the Sai over Skeletor Mace, because I find Strength better than Defense. 

I level up my stats like this;

Max Agility, upgrade Magic to XXXY and spread my points evenly between Strength and Defense. 

Depending on the character, I will either do Magic + Agility ---> Defense ---> Strength, or Magic ---> Agility ---> Defense ---> Strength, and sometimes Magic ---> Defense + Agility ---> Strength. I make sure magic is to the Magic Jump, and just do one of the choices above

I prefer the Sai over Skeletor Mace, because I find Strength better than Defense.  I level up my stats like this; Max Agility, upgrade Magic to XXXY and spread my points evenly between Strength and Defense. 
Depending on the character, I will either do Magic + Agility ---> Defense ---> Strength, or Magic ---> Agility ---> Defense ---> Strength, and sometimes Magic ---> Defense + Agility ---> Strength. I make sure magic is to the Magic Jump, and just do one of the choices above

I actually barely use magic. I prefer magic over it, that's why I don't upgrade further than XXXY and why I think it's equal to strength.

A1rPun    5

I actually use weapons only for the looks :) I equip my favorite weapon Skeleton Leg on my favorite character The Necromancer. This combination fits so good together :D I also use my favorite pet Bitey Bat with this combination. IRL I have a necromancer statue with a bitey bat keychain :arrow:.

I use the overpowered Snakey mace only for my green knight & snakey because they are both green.

Aichomancer    28

I think the Cardboard Tube is the best level 15 weapon personally, and I do think that it and the lollipop are good for insane mode. I don't think the clunky mace is good for insane mode though, but then again I don't think anything that subtracts agility is good for anything.

My least favorite weapon for sure is the wooden club, and no matter how much less agility it subtracted it would never outclass the snakey staff to me.

Aichomancer    28

Overall though my favorite weapons are the snakey staff, sai, ribeye, skeletor mace, and the gold skull mace

surprisingly enough I don't even use arrows a lot, I just juggle, which is why I try not to subtract from strength either, and magic and defense are the only stats I don't care for when they're subtracted.

Another weapon I hate is the gold DLC sword. Strength and magic isn't worth negative agility, EVER.

Edited by Aichomancer

GoldenGhost    2,058

I think the Cardboard Tube is the best level 15 weapon personally, and I do think that it and the lollipop are good for insane mode. I don't think the clunky mace is good for insane mode though, but then again I don't think anything that subtracts agility is good for anything.

My least favorite weapon for sure is the wooden club, and no matter how much less agility it subtracted it would never outclass the snakey staff to me.

Overall though my favorite weapons are the snakey staff, sai, ribeye, skeletor mace, and the gold skull mace

surprisingly enough I don't even use arrows a lot, I just juggle, which is why I try not to subtract from strength either, and magic and defense are the only stats I don't care for when they're subtracted.

Another weapon I hate is the gold DLC sword. Strength and magic isn't worth negative agility, EVER.

Remember not to double post! You should use the "Edit" button to edit your post if you have more to say  :-)

I agree with you though, when I play Castle Crashers (and it's been a while since I have), I'm much more of an aggressive player and I focused on doing damage rather than defense or magic. I'd sometimes sacrifice a little agility for strength but if I took away too much it would annoy me.

Aichomancer    28

Remember not to double post! You should use the "Edit" button to edit your post if you have more to say  :-)

I agree with you though, when I play Castle Crashers (and it's been a while since I have), I'm much more of an aggressive player and I focused on doing damage rather than defense or magic. I'd sometimes sacrifice a little agility for strength but if I took away too much it would annoy me.

Usually -3 or more is when it starts to get annoying, but just -2 or -1 will make my OCD go crazy knowing it's there.

Edited by Aichomancer

Hazard    394

I've updated the recommendations for a ton of the weapons, as well as updated my own top 10.  I also added Aichomancer's and am looking to add other players who are very skilled

• Upvote 2

U-Knighted    179

I've updated the recommendations for a ton of the weapons, as well as updated my own top 10.  I also added Aichomancer's and am looking to add other players who are very skilled

am very sciled am i i say dat dis is me top ten (my opppinon)

ten fishin rod

nien chiclen swordd

ate demon/flaemd sowrd 

sevven axe (it camed wid oraenge nite so it musted b gud)

sicks lite sabre (it parently has liteing so it gud cuz liteing is opopopo)

5 glowstcik (ccr only) it has litening so it gud

for scinnie sowrd has gud agilitie

tree glitc sword lvl 256 guy have it so it muste3d be gud

too fnaf mace (i maded it up lololol)

uno fencre foil )no negitived stateds)

so thank 4 reeding plz ad 2 yer guide

Aichomancer    28

am very sciled am i i say dat dis is me top ten (my opppinon)

ten fishin rod

nien chiclen swordd

ate demon/flaemd sowrd 

sevven axe (it camed wid oraenge nite so it musted b gud)

sicks lite sabre (it parently has liteing so it gud cuz liteing is opopopo)

5 glowstcik (ccr only) it has litening so it gud

for scinnie sowrd has gud agilitie

tree glitc sword lvl 256 guy have it so it muste3d be gud

too fnaf mace (i maded it up lololol)

uno fencre foil )no negitived stateds)

so thank 4 reeding plz ad 2 yer guide

I think it must be impossible for literate people to imitate a lack of articulance because every time I see someone try to sound retarded by typing like s*** you can tell that they're trying to look dumb, and know the difference between that and when someone is typing horribly normally. It's kind of like how 75% of communication is body language. You can just tell that the person is trying to sound dumb.

And now I've made a post even more pointless than yours.

Hazard    394

Well that went off-topic very quickly...  

My remastered weapon guide is nearly done, but the last couple posts of it are glitched; I'm working on fixing that right now.

The_Raven    0

2 things wrong with this: A- The image looks like the Wooden Spoon.  B- The weapon is no longer removed and comes via the "Legend of the Blacksmith" DLC.  I know this because I just received it upon buying it on PSN.

Row 11...

80/84 - 2x4
hsl0zo.jpg

Stats : +2 Strength, -3 Magic, +2 Defense
Level Required : 10
Unlocked via - Removed (Unlockable by having someone who has the weapon drop)
Good for Insane Mode ? - No

Aichomancer    28

2 things wrong with this: A- The image looks like the Wooden Spoon.  B- The weapon is no longer removed and comes via the "Legend of the Blacksmith" DLC.  I know this because I just received it upon buying it on PSN.

Row 11...

80/84 - 2x4

hsl0zo.jpg

Stats : +2 Strength, -3 Magic, +2 Defense

Level Required : 10

Unlocked via - Removed (Unlockable by having someone who has the weapon drop)

Good for Insane Mode ? - No

That's the wooden mace though... not the wooden spoon OR the 2x4... and the stats for the wooden spoon are +2 defense +2 agility

Hazard    394

I know that picture is messed up, I can't get it to work.  Also, it doesn't unlock from the BSmith DLC on either 360 or PS3.

U-Knighted    179

I know that picture is messed up, I can't get it to work.  Also, it doesn't unlock from the BSmith DLC on either 360 or PS3.

Yeah, it's on BS pack for PC.

djfrey    1

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but the rubber handle sword is not removed from the game in the Steam version.  My son found it.  We had beaten the final boss and in the battle for the orange princess, he found an X on the ground by an archer shooting arrows near the lower right part of the screen.  You have to work together to get it, and it's pretty tricky:  one person needs to use their shield to protect the other from the arrows while they dig it up (all the while not hitting the first person with their shovel).  It's definitely still there, though!

• Upvote 1

Hazard    394

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but the rubber handle sword is not removed from the game in the Steam version.  My son found it.  We had beaten the final boss and in the battle for the orange princess, he found an X on the ground by an archer shooting arrows near the lower right part of the screen.  You have to work together to get it, and it's pretty tricky:  one person needs to use their shield to protect the other from the arrows while they dig it up (all the while not hitting the first person with their shovel).  It's definitely still there, though!

Yeah, that is in the remastered version. In the original it isn't there