• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
megan

Icymi: We're Going To Pax Prime Again!

(From our blog)

We just finished up at RTX 2015 in Austin and now it’s time to prepare for PAX Prime in Seattle! Bring it on! For the full Behemoth experience come visit us from August 28th-31st at Booth 3003 and all the other surrounding areas that we’ve claimed for our realm! We are behemoth huge this year! Prepare to have your mind melted!!!

14896822368_da4c1dcc0f_z.jpg

This year we are constructing the 12 station Circle of Trust so that PAX attendees can play Pit People (formerly known as “Game 4″). As we’ve mentioned in previous expo posts, we will have the main demo up for all the solo stations, but as a special treat for returning players there will also be a second part of the demo you can come back to play! Curious how to find it?…..Scroll down to the bottom of this endless wall of text to discover the secret instructions! SECRET SECRET!

14932513187_6e9b8ba53f_z.jpg
When you’re done checking out the Pit People demo, don’t poop your pants yet, there’s more to check out at our Behemoth booth! TONS of STUFF! Just across the aisle we’ve built the Behemoth Arcade just for you! It features cabinets of all our games: Alien Hominid HDBattleBlock Theater, and Castle Crashers Remastered. And, for the first time ever, we’ll be showing off the new mini game, Back Off Barbarian! We even built a cool three player custom built arcade cabinet for it! Three players? WHAT? Cool! Even cooler, we are selling Pinny Arcade Pin CHON-KU CHON-KU in the arcade! More details on what this mysterious word means soon! PROMISE!

14896824388_216d5c095e_b.jpg

From left to right:

A Red Shirt discussing the meaning of life with Will Stamper, Dan Paladin, Tom Fulp…

We’ve spared no blood, sweat and tears to build our Giftshop where you can purchase Behemoth game merch. You’ll also get a chance to get your merchandise signed during our autograph signings on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of PAX Prime from 4PM-5PM. Dan Paladin, Tom Fulp, and Will Stamper are scheduled to attend the signings at our booth. Maybe they’ll show up!

Last, but not least, we are also hosting a space for our most recent Gold Egg Project recipient, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime! Come play this awesome game by Asteroid Base. They’ve also made an awesome Pinny Arcade Pin, so come check out this amazing independent studio! Set your compasses to the “south end” of our booth and come find their dangerous spacetime in our here-and-now spacetime! Lovely!

demostartscreen.jpg

Keep Reading Here for Secret Instructions….Our 2nd Pit People demo is accessed from the start of the demo where the demo says “skip story missions” on the bottom right corner of the demo. You will need to pass the quiz in order to access it, but it should be fairly easy if you’ve played Pit People recently…or ever in your life! The 2nd demo skips past the tutorials and cinematics and takes you straight to the city where you can access the quest board before exiting to the world map.

REMEMBER…don’t tell a soul who hasn’t played Pit before….SSSSHHHH!….

• Upvote 5

(Although I doubt it) I hope I can see you guys there! I hope I can get a piece of Pit People, and maybe see the next 20 minutes? Hopefully it wont be too sunny, nor too cold. Have fun!

I'll be there on Saturday of PAX!

I need to go look up footage of the first half of Pit People, so I'm caught up.

Is there any way we could get a preview of the merch? I'm trying to figure out (roughly) how much I'm going to spend at PAX.

Have fun at PAX, guys (and anyone else lucky enough to be going!)

Looking forward to seeing more stuff from CCR & Pit People soon!  :-)

It's such a shame that I'm always busy during Pax Prime. :(

It's such a shame that PAX can't tell everyone they're selling passes at the same time instead of only telling people who practically stalk them, while telling everyone else that they weren't going to be released that month... :roll:

And my parents would never understand standing in a line outside on Saturday just to maybe even have a chance of getting passes...

Edited by A C Cret

It's such a shame that PAX can't tell everyone they're selling passes at the same time instead of only telling people who practically stalk them, while telling everyone else that they weren't going to be released that month... :roll:

And my parents would never understand standing in a line outside on Saturday just to maybe even have a chance of getting passes...

I just think it's outrageous how high the prices are, when that isn't even including parking, when most of the time you are forced to wait im lines...

I just think it's outrageous how high the prices are, when that isn't even including parking, when most of the time you are forced to wait im lines...

Such is the con life (#conlyfe lol). Comic Con is even worse!!! SDCC has gotten to the point where panel lines start forming THE DAY BEFORE. O___O 

At least you don't have to wait in line to give us a fist bump :)

• Upvote 2

That feel when there can't be a Comic Con or PAX in the Houston area. :cry:

Maybe 2016, just maybe I might be able to go outside my own city to PAX.

Such is the con life (#conlyfe lol). Comic Con is even worse!!! SDCC has gotten to the point where panel lines start forming THE DAY BEFORE. O___O 

Note to self- Fist bump The Behemoth Staff

• Upvote 1

Could you guys give me a fist bump through the internet because I won't be there in person?

• Upvote 1

Hey guys!

I'm here in line for Pit People ATM and I just bought some merch!

I'm so jealous. :-o

Let us non-PAX losers know what you thought of the game!

• Upvote 1

Hey guys!

GoldenGhost/Grant is on his way to go there right now. But yeah, I'm upset how it's less than an hour away, but I haven't gone yet.

Hope everyone who's is there and/or going there will have fun!

• Upvote 1

Hey guys!

I unfortunatley didn't get to play, as the line was quite longer than I expected and I had a few things I wanted to check out before they were cleaned out.

I looked over the shoulders of people playing and got a feel for the mechanics, and It looked like a lot of fun to play.

From what I saw, you need to think about the strategy you are using and it's a lot easier to gang up on 1 enemy at a time.

• Upvote 1

Today was my only day at PAX and it was a blast! I bought a duck shark hat (picture incoming), got some free Behemoth swag, met up with Dan, Tom, and Will at the autograph session, and I got to try out Pit People! Meeting the Behemoth crew was totally awesome but that's for another post, I'm here to share some deets on Pit People. I studied other peoples' gameplay while I was in line and I managed to skip the story missions when it was my turn by pressing B on the title screen and taking the quiz, so what happened with that was it started me right where the demo normally ends and gave me 25 minutes to noodle around with the extra content! So for those who wanna hear about what comes after the story missions, here's what I got to do:

I started in the main town area and was able to choose from one of three different quests. One had something to do with using swordfishes as swords, but I chose a quest regarding some logging going on in a nearby forest. I accepted the quest, left town, and headed west in the overworld. There I met a friendly pixie and a lumberjack, as well as some not-so-friendly lumberjack punks who were approaching me and spittin some insults at my crew. Among them was a mushroom character who liked to run up to my characters and fart poison on them. There were a lot of enemies and I sadly lost some teammates during this fight (it was pretty rough) and thus I failed the quest even though I won the battle in the end. Thankfully Pit People doesn't seem to enforce perma-death and my defeated heroes were alive and well after the battle. I really wanted to capture that mushroom character though...

I returned to the city to try my hand at another quest, this one about fetching a donut. I went out and fetched a donut from the overworld without any conflicts and returned promptly to receive my reward. Easy peasy! Using my reward, I opened up a new slot in my party to make way for a big mighty cyclops with a huge club. He did TONS of damage in battle but didn't get to attack as often and had a pretty short movement radius. I picked up some more quests, one about a Lady Ladylegs, a spider-woman hybrid I'd assume, who needed to be defeated. I was making my way over to her when I got intercepted by a gang of enemies. There weren't many goons and I managed to defeat them without losing any companions. I even captured a pixie enemy in the process! However before I could finish my journey to Lady Ladylegs, my 25 minutes ran out. It felt too short but I knew I couldn't possibly see everything the game has to offer yet.

I really enjoyed my time with Pit People though! I've said this before but I have to say it again: the humor in this game is a blast. One of the lumberjack punks was roasting my characters with tree-related yo mama jokes, and another one started bickering with my partners about the scientific classification of palm trees. I can't get enough of the silly interactions between the characters during battle, it really makes every battle and NPC unique and enjoyable. The combat itself is very interesting; letting your characters randomly decide who to attack makes you change your entire way of thinking when approaching a battle, and it's something I'll have to get used to. It encourages you to attack from the outside and have each character focus on one enemy, because the second you try to split damage between two enemies, you're immediately overwhelmed. I haven't been able to spend a ton of time with the game so I might be missing out on some key aspects of combat, but I got curbstomped in my first encounter today because I thought I was being smart by targeting multiple enemies for one attack.

It's unfortunate that Christmas (the member) didn't get to try it out today. If you get the chance to play it tomorrow or on Monday, I would fully recommend waiting through the line to give the game a try (and be sure to press B on the title screen to skip the story missions)!

I also got to play Back Off Barbarian, which is the new minigame in Castle Crashers Remastered. I thought it was some great fun, I got to play it with other people and they seemed a little more confused about how to play than I did. After seeing how they were supposed to move around though, they got the idea and enjoyed a couple of games with me. When only one Barbarian was on the field, it would always chase one person relentlessly while everyone else sat back and watched, but when more Barbarians dropped in, it got more interesting. I could see myself playing this from time to time with friends before or after playing Castle Crashers Remastered, but it's not really something I would boot up the game just to play. It's certainly an interesting game though and it makes a great game to play with others at the booth.

• Upvote 6

Unfortunately Yesterday was my only day.

If they come to PAX South I'll stick it out next time, and probably grab some more Behemoth gear.

Among them was a mushroom character who liked to run up to my characters and fart poison on them. (looks at my avatar) pssh.... I didn't do that

Lady Ladylegs, a spider-woman hybrid I'd assume Could that be the spider thing that was on the Game 4? t-shirt? The one with the mushroom riding it?

Glad you had fun though, happy I got to see a lot more than what was shown in the post :-)

Here I am, waiting for PAX South to come to Houston. :(

On the flipside, I'm glad those who went to Prime had fun. Especially GoldenGhost. I'm so jelly of you right now. I wonder what it was like meeting The Behemoth crew in person.

Had a great time meeting our fans, both old and new, and telling everyone about Pit People! I was posted up at the "exit" for most of the show, so if I saw you, HI AGAIN! Hope you had a blast!

Exclamation points! Very excite! Wow!

• Upvote 2

There wasn't as much CCRM stuff as I was expecting (I only had the time to look at your DevBlog, and the only interview I saw was the 10 minute Pit People interview), but there was a lot of new information about PitPeople.  Originally, I wasn't interested at all with it and was only buying it to support the company, but the more I see of it, the more I am intrigued and impressed.