• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
Sign in to follow this  
Cultist Chicken

Do You Think Popular Youtubers Are Getting Worse?

Do you think popular youtubers are getting worse?

Well, I honestly feel like the popular youtubers are getting worse and worse, I may be wrong, but that's how I feel. SkyDoesMinecraft used to be good, but when he got really popular he stopped swearing, and I do agree, sometimes he swore so much it got annoying, but most of the time it was funny. Now, he's not even mentioned anymore. Same with Tom Ska, the new asdf movies are stupid. They were good till 6. 7 was ok.

What are your opinions?

• Upvote 1

I definitely do feel like Versus, Achievement Hunter, TRG, WRTP, and many other popular channels are getting worse. I believe that it is because of the world as a whole is being forced to be more politically correct.  (Also, Ray quit Achievement Hunter D;)

Once you hit a popularity point you'll have a group of consistent fans. Thus meaning putting less effort into your videos won't make much of a difference. It happens with everyone, so, all in all I agree.

I think people have stopped watching youtube (like me) and have started playing games themselves (also like me)

I think people have stopped watching youtube (like me) and have started playing games themselves (also like me)

Well, gaming isn't the full part of youtube. Everyone hasn't stopped watching. I don't watch youtube because of the games, I watch it because the commentators are actually extremely funny. Or maybe I watch it so I can get a glimpse on what the game is like or maybe learn something new. I play games and watch youtube. It's a healthy mix.

If we wanna talk about bad Youtubers, let's talk Tomska and Smosh. Once great comedic geniuses, the money they got from the videos got to their heads and ruined them. It's not about a thought process anymore, it's about how much money you can make in a short amount of time.

I mean incase this wasn't enough to prove they effed up:

movie-poster.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I used to watch a lot of youtube gamers, though my interests have declined due to having less personal time with school and work. However I still have a couple channels I always check into. My personal favorite channel on youtube is "TVMaxwell", it has a bunch of hilarious short films, some of which are definitely less PG (You've been warned).

If we wanna talk about bad Youtubers, let's talk Tomska and Smosh. Once great comedic geniuses, the money they got from the videos got to their heads and ruined them. It's not about a thought process anymore, it's about how much money you can make in a short amount of time.

movie-poster.jpeg

I had no idea this was real, I actually had to look it up to make sure it wasn't a joke, how did these buttnuggets get a movie?

• Upvote 1

movie-poster.jpeg

Am I to believe that they moved the second L to where the H was, then blew everything else up? Is that what I'm looking at here? How did they move the L? Why did they blow the rest up?

Also I only ever really watched Game Grumps for a while and I genuinely find it terrible now.

• Upvote 2

I think Game Grumps went rotten because the chemistry between Jon and Arin was too good compared to now, where Danny just tags along with whatever Arin says and it doesn't work as well. Arin tries too hard to be funny and that's what sets up the show for failure.

I think Game Grumps went rotten because the chemistry between Jon and Arin was too good compared to now, where Danny just tags along with whatever Arin says and it doesn't work as well. Arin tries too hard to be funny and that's what sets up the show for failure.

I still watch them, I dont know why, but I still enjoy their content :P

Like Scaler said it really does depend on the Youtuber. If its more of a gaming Youtuber then there are plenty of examples of them 'getting worse', however if it is a Reviewer Youtuber or someone who goes in depth game analysis for example Total Biscuit, Jontron, The Escapist or The Nostaligia Critic I cannot think of too many examples that 'get worse'. And then you also have the music (independent) side of Youtube like Miracleofsound I cannot think of many examples of 'getting worse'. 

I also agree it depends on the youtubers. After making content for years and years, it can be pretty hard to keep originality in the mix. I personally like to watch angry joes reviews, his review on MGSV and GZ were pretty funny, at least worth a chuckle or two. The only other gaming channel I watched was a couple months back with H2O Delerious when he played Evil Within, it was pretty funny. Oh and videogamedunkeys "microsoft sucks" video was pretty entertaining, i'm not going to post it because it has excessive cursing, but feel free to look it up on your own.

• Upvote 1

Depends on the youtuber. Like, if you want constant top tier youtubing you watch Seananners and friends.

Also depends on your sense of humor. Kinda.

Personally, I think gamers and comedians are becoming worse. For example,

Let's talk Tomska and Smosh. Once great comedic geniuses, the money they got from the videos got to their heads and ruined them. It's not about a thought process anymore, it's about how much money you can make in a short amount of time.

movie-poster.jpeg

TomSka's ASDF Movies aren't too funny. Do you think a guy throwing cheese at a UFO is funny? Smosh used to be good. Now they make videos like "Every Thanksgiving Ever". Are you serious?

Time for gamers. PewDiePie is funny. Sometimes. Let's talk about the Charlie Charlie Challenge video. That wasn't funny.

Oh, wait. I thought we were just talking about comedy.

Anyways, another thing. A thing that I think makes YouTubers worse is when they say in a video to like. I know they want support for their channel. But seriously, that annoys me so much.