• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/

Say anything, about anything (CCR related). Just anything, do it.

Not a huge fan, but I do have a soft spot for this CCR classic:

----

Jokes aside, my Xbox One is getting repaired right now, so sadly I can't quite play it yet. I'm excited though!

• Upvote 5

If i had an Xbox One...

I would probably be flooded by annoying friend request and messages for being number one on leaderboards.

I started out this game just thinking about how I was going to get my Snakey Staff right away, but after realizing that the weapons had a complete rewok, I stopped doing that.  Now I am just playing through Insane mode as my red knight (level 82 atm, soon to be 99).

How do I host a public match? How do I set player and lag limitations on it? How do I set level range limitations so someone doesn't join and drag or demolish? How do I kick AFKs? Why is P2P still so laggy?

Come on, Behemoth.

I cant believe people are already hitting the level cap, I just reached level 31 with my Blacksmith, I'm right now trying to unlock Hatty.

I'm one of those people, it took me a solid 4 hours of playing to get Red Knight that high.  Barbarian is around level 50, and I've beaten it as a couple others.  You using Blacksmith may be a reason to why you are behind other players, it is one of the worst characters in the game alongside Alien and Hatty

I cant believe people are already hitting the level cap, I just reached level 31 with my Blacksmith, I'm right now trying to unlock Hatty.

I'm one of those people, it took me a solid 4 hours of playing to get Red Knight that high.  Barbarian is around level 50, and I've beaten it as a couple others.  You using Blacksmith may be a reason to why you are behind other players, it is one of the worst characters in the game alongside Alien and Hatty

I find it funny because my first main was blacksmith, second was Hatty, and I was going to do Alien but then decided to do Thief and make his agility really great just because.

My game is not a saving correctly. After leveling up a character a few levels and then exciting to the main menu or turning off the game, upon relaunching ccr the characters are back to previous levels.

After noticing this several times, that there was a saving issue. I attempted several in game tests of the save system. It appears that the game will only truly save after finishing a level. However, I can't fully confirm this.

Please help.

Is anyone else having trouble connecting with friends? I just had a friend invite me to his game. On my screen I can see him scrolling through the character select screen, meanwhile on his screen he says that I'm not showing up. My "status" jewel stays orange with the 3 dots and won't turn green with the check mark. I've tried inviting him, but the same thing happens.

Any ideas??

I'm not a fan of the weapon stat changes.  Two of the best weapons have been nerfed as a result. 

Has either of the wikis been updated with the new stats? I do agree with the weapon stats, but I am happy how the Alien Gun has the fire damage, and the Snakey Mace has poison, where only the dinner fork was the only weapon with poison DoT in the older versions.

I'm not a fan of the weapon stat changes.  Two of the best weapons have been nerfed as a result. 

Has either of the wikis been updated with the new stats? I do agree with the weapon stats, but I am happy how the Alien Gun has the fire damage, and the Snakey Mace has poison, where only the dinner fork was the only weapon with poison DoT in the older versions.

The fishing rod was buffed though, so thats good... I actually like the weapon changes.

Is anyone having trouble saving their game? I'm experiencing inconsistency with the save system. And I can't determine what allows it to save sometimes and not others.

What do you mean, Skeletor Mace and Wooden Club??  The best two weapons have both gotten buffed, in Snakey Mace and Chainsaw. Also, Man Catcher and Ninja Claw are both amazing now.

-Cat Guard: There is limited access to changing the Castlepedia wiki at the moment.  One of the main editors of the website passed away.  We don't know when The Behemoth will open up access to changing things again for everyone. 

-ImpossibleBlank: The Fishing Rod was indeed the worst weapon in the game and hard core arena players loved using it to show off their skill.  I don't believe there is an definate terrible weapon anymore.  Also the Fishing Rod has the longest reach of all the weapons making it easier to capture enemies in the juggling combo.  I don't know if this ability remains. 

-Hazard:  I mean the Black Morning Star which had a +6 to magic and chance for a critical.  The Wooden Club has also had it's critical ability removed which is what made it head and shoulders the best weapon in the game with its stats.  I believe the critical bonus is far better than the -3 agility we get now compared to the -5 agility of the old version. 

Feedle knows the most about the Snakey mace so I don't know if these changes from critical to poison damage are better or worst yet.  I did notice that the level 35 weapons are no longer garbage.  I haven't been able to test them thoroughly yet.  I'm just grumpy because this involves going through insane mode and experimenting with different animal orbs to find the best companion for the weapon.  I haven't had to do this in a very long, long, long time.  I also had way more gold lol.  That made things easier. 

• Upvote 1

I mean the Black Morning Star which had a +6 to magic and chance for a critical.  The Wooden Club has also had it's critical ability removed which is what made it head and shoulders the best weapon in the game with its stats.  I believe the critical bonus is far better than the -3 agility we get now compared to the -5 agility of the old version. 

Feedle knows the most about the Snakey mace so I don't know if these changes from critical to poison damage are better or worst yet.  I did notice that the level 35 weapons are no longer garbage.  I haven't been able to test them thoroughly yet.  I'm just grumpy because this involves going through insane mode and experimenting with different animal orbs to find the best companion for the weapon.  I haven't had to do this in a very long, long, long time.  I also had way more gold lol.  That made things easier. 

Morningstar is definitely horrible now, it used to be decent but not amazing.  The crit loss on the club kills it because the agility is still a huge problem and it is now extremely outclassed by the Man Catcher (+5 Strength, +2 Defense, 2% Crit vs +5 Strength, +5 Defense, -3 Agility) 

Snakey Mace has been my main weapon on Castle Crashers for 30+ Gold Skulls, so I feel like I have a pretty good feel of it. The poison is easily better than crit, because 1% poison is the equivalent of ~2.1 Strength..  Through my testing so far, I have found that the poison effect is somewhere from 3% - 7% (Leaning towards just a solid 5% poison)  On 360, it had a 2% Crit (1% of Crit is equal to ~3.5 Strength).  This means that it has an extra 3 strength of bonus, with the only drawback being that poison is useless on Skeletons and Cultists.  On 360, Scratchpaw was amazing with the Snakey Mace and I haven't had enough time to figure out a new top pet to go alongside it.  I've just been using the safe bet, Hawkster, as my main pet on Level 99 characters on Remastered.

• Upvote 1

Is anyone having trouble saving their game? I'm experiencing inconsistency with the save system. And I can't determine what allows it to save sometimes and not others.

I noticed that too, I had to re-do multiple levels when I came back to the game later, even after making sure it saved o_o

I noticed that too, I had to re-do multiple levels when I came back to the game later, even after making sure it saved o_o

The game only saves after certain 'checkpoint levels'.

I have noticed that the game will actually save after levels, but if you are on the level select menu and just check you're stats, once you go back to the level select screen the game day saving at the bottom of the screen.

My saving problem seems to have cutthroat better, although, I'm nervous to play a local co-op game. Because that's where I first noticed the problem. That may in fact be the problem, I just haven't checked yet.

Thanks for the help!

The Normal game has always saved once you enter the world map.  It does not save while you are in a level.  On Insane it saves only after certain levels.  I don't know if any of these have been changed for insane.  Normal mode has worked the same for me so far. 

Right. I was able to save my game today. It was just single player though. Thinking about it now, I believe the problem of not saving was during a local co-op game. I played through two or three levels in co-op and then quit to the title screen. And then when I went back, it hadn't saved.